Start by marking “Chopin and Beyond: My Extraordinary Life in Music and the Paranormal” as Want to Read:
Chopin and Beyond: My Extraordinary Life in Music and the Paranormal

Chopin and Beyond: My Extraordinary Life in Music and the Paranormal

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
One of the world's greatest classical pianists reveals how the "other world" transformed his life and career.

By any measure, Byron Janis has had an extraordinary musical career. His discovery of two long-lost Chopin scores made headlines around the world, and he has been honored many times for his breathtaking performances of some of the most exciting and challenging works
Published September 23rd 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published September 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Chopin and Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chopin and Beyond

Paula Cappa
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Synchronicity, the paranormal, and the magic of music. I found Byron Janis’ Chopin and Beyond to be a deeply satisfying read. If there is an invisible world of energy within music, Mr. Janis has found it. This autobiography explores not only the power of music but the art and poetry of all creativity. Revealing his most intimate thoughts and struggles throughout his life, Janis recounts his experiences as a concert pianist and his painful struggle with arthritis. For a man whose music is his “li ...more
Caroline Mathews
Some of us are simply closer to it than others. The power of unbridled talent honed to perfection by practice. The manifestation of the universal mysteries which begs us to ask if the sensitivity of the artist also leads to a closeness with the paranormal. You know that answer intuitively and so do I.

The magical piano that Janis played, back when we both were young, did not belie his physical struggles, his arthritis, nor his emotional fragility. The public learned these details much later.

I fo
Gayle
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Loved this book.. amazing person , interesting life with great stories and tremendous talent. Beautiful music , the " paranormal", adversity, triumph and tremendous wisdom hard won. Heading out to buy a CD right now so I can reread the book with Chopin in the back ground.

Mr Janis reminds us about the wonder and the miracle of life if we remain open to it...
Evelyn Gm