Start by marking “The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, Volume I: More Than 1,700 Crowd-Pleasing Recipes from 500 American Inns” as Want to Read:

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The best crowd-pleasing recipes from widely acclaimed country inns and bed and breakfasts in the United States are collected in this unique cookbook and travel guide. Includes over 500 inns and more than 1,700 recipes from every state.
Published August 1st 1987 by Thomas Nelson

Be the first to ask a question about The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, Volume I

Stephanie
Jun 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
I am a breakfast addict...I could eat "breakfast" all hours of the days and it probably does end up being my most favorite meal of the day. So, I like to try out breakfast oriented recipes out and this is probably my best "breakfast" cookbook on my cookbook shelves. I have not enjoyed every single recipe I have tried in this book, but it has been more based on my taste preferences than the recipes themselves. And hey, nothing wrong with trying new things and seeing what works for you and what do ...more
Yaaresse
Some of the recipes are a little dated now. (Let's be kind and call them "retro.") Still, if you're looking for a good variety of fairly simple breakfast and brunch recipes, there's plenty here and that are quite good. I can't speak for the dinner items as I've not made any of those, but this book has my go-to recipes for quick breads, muffins and breakfast potluck dishes.
Claire Talbot
Feb 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A classic that I use frequently, especially for baked goods!
Mike
Sep 26, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Some clunkers and some oddities, but a go-to for random baking or if you're looking for something a little out and interesting.
Lisa Sellers
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
one of my favorite cookbooks
Lynda
Jun 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Generally not simple recipes. However covers a wide range of ingredients and styles so there is something in this book for everyone.
John'alee
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My all time go-to book for recipes throughout the last 20 years. Excellent because they are true and tried recipes.
Alex Albright
Jul 05, 2009
Christine Di Paulo
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This is my most favorite cookbook. I've used it so much the cover has come off.
Anne