Start by marking “Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)

Foreplay (Succubus Diaries #0.5)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  1,359 Ratings  ·  143 Reviews
Before there were the Succubus Diaries, there was FOREPLAY...

How did Jackie Brighton get turned into a succubus? She can’t remember – all she knows is that she woke up in a Dumpster. This short story tells the tale of that night, and sheds a little light on her masters’ motivations.
Published October 16th 2010 by Jill Myles

To ask other readers questions about Foreplay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foreplay

Tutti Dolci
Oct 27, 2010 rated it liked it
I read Foreplay in a quick sitting while dinner was cooking, and have to say that it is a brilliant way to get people motivated into reading the series. :)

I've had the Succubus Diaries books in my possession for a couple of months, always promising myself to read them next, and always getting distracted by something else - you know how the fast paced Goodreads world of "What's the next hottest read?" can totally pull you away from one book to read another that just got added to your TBR list? -
Fabienne Gilbert
So this was a little preview of what happens before book one starts which shows you how Jackie becomes a Succubus, from what I can understand from this and the chapter one snippet in the description on amazon for book one... which I sadly found first, but I guess it helped me understand and enjoy this more because of it. So to me from what I read, this seems to almost have a Dracula vibe to it; especially something that seems to resemble the 1992 version. It seems like the vampire in this knew w ...more
Kathy Davie
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a prequel to the Succubus Diaries. Fourteen whole pages of prequel (268 on the Kindle). Please note that I am giving this book a "4" for the great writing and I'm trying not to let my pissiness get in the way.

I received this eBook from the author.

My Take
Myles is a very good writer, and I still feel gypped on this. It's only as long as a start into a chapter, but the amazing part is how much story Myles managed to tell in this extremely short book without actually giving anything away. Ju
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Slightly confusing if you've never read this series before. If the word "succubus" hadn't been in the title I might've been completely lost. I'm going to assume the man that bit her was a vampire but I'm not certain because I'm not sure if he broke the skin. Anyway, how a vampire bite makes one a succubus, I don't know. Seems rather silly to me. There'll be hundreds of succubi around in no time.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Having already read book 1 in the series, I really enjoyed Foreplay. If you haven't, then it's definetely the best place to start as it gives you a bit of background information on how Jackie managed to get herself turned into a succubus while being down on her luck.

Talk about having the worst day of your life? You get passed over for a job promotion, because of your looks basically, you try to drown your sorrows away in 2 martinis or 8. And then you are
May 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
I've been wanting to try the Succubus Diaries series for a while now so when I saw this free prequel novella was available on the Kindle I jumped at the chance to read it.

Although this is described as a prequel I didn't find it made much sense to me. It's a very short story, I didn't know who any of the characters were & I didn't really get what was going on most of the time.

I'd say it would probably be better to wait until you've read at least the first book before picking this up & hop
Meigan
Gosh, I miss Jackie and her wayward bunch :)

This is the prequel for the first book of the series, Gentlemen Prefer Succubi. While the story of how Jackie became changed is explained in the first book, this novella explains the whole story, complete with how she used to look before becoming the red haired bombshell she is now (and of course how she ended up in the dumpster). Naturally, both Zane and Noah are in the novella since they were instrumental in turning Jackie into a succubus.
Kym
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Decent buildup for the first book. We get to know what type of people we a dealing with, to a very small extent. Maybe reading the series won't be so bad. However, this little snippet doesn't give enough to allow me to judge my feelings on it. There is no base, nothing to tell me what the story may be about.
Jeanny
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series was recommended to me by Meigan. I decided to to dip my toe reading this short 16 page prequel to the series. It totally peeked my interest & u look forward to reading book 1 in this series. :) I rate this 4 stars

This book counts towards two of my 2014 YouTube Read A Thone challenge .
1 Book with red in the cover.
2 Book recommended by a friend.
Sara Kate
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Short and sweet. I'm curious now to start this series.
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Kiss at Your Own Risk (Soulfire #1)
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Fresh Blood
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
  • Saying Goodbye to the Sun
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • A Knight to Remember (Blood Sword Legacy, #3.5)
  • Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire #1)
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • Legacy of the Witch (The Portal, #0.5)
  • The Bite Before Christmas
  • Bloodlust
  • Reunion (Vampires Realm, #3.5)
  • What A Demon Wants (New Orleans Vampires, #4)
JILL MYLES is the author of the Succubus Diaries from Pocket Books. Jill also writes as Jessica Clare and Jessica Sims.

A NOTE ABOUT FRIENDING: I will happily friend you back if you friend me! Goodreads is, after all, about discussing books we both love. I will NEVER self-promote my books to you. And if you self-promote your books to me, no matter how nicely, I'm deleting you off my list. Sorry. Go
More about Jill Myles...

Succubus Diaries (4 books)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1)
  • Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2)
  • My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3)
  • Succubi Are Forever (Succubus Diaries, #4)
“A rich, mellow voice touched my ears, and I looked up to stare into the most beautiful blue eyes I’d ever seen. He was a blond god – tall, tanned, with a hint of a smile playing on his mouth.” 0 likes