Start by marking “Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)

Foreplay (Succubus Diaries #0.5)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  1,374 Ratings  ·  144 Reviews
Before there were the Succubus Diaries, there was FOREPLAY...

How did Jackie Brighton get turned into a succubus? She can’t remember – all she knows is that she woke up in a Dumpster. This short story tells the tale of that night, and sheds a little light on her masters’ motivations.
Published October 16th 2010 by Jill Myles

To ask other readers questions about Foreplay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foreplay

FHG
So this was a little preview of what happens before book one starts which shows you how Jackie becomes a Succubus, from what I can understand from this and the chapter one snippet in the description on amazon for book one... which I sadly found first, but I guess it helped me understand and enjoy this more because of it. So to me from what I read, this seems to almost have a Dracula vibe to it; especially something that seems to resemble the 1992 version. It seems like the vampire in this knew w ...more
Kathy Davie
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a prequel to the Succubus Diaries. Fourteen whole pages of prequel (268 on the Kindle). Please note that I am giving this book a "4" for the great writing and I'm trying not to let my pissiness get in the way.

I received this eBook from the author.

My Take
Myles is a very good writer, and I still feel gypped on this. It's only as long as a start into a chapter, but the amazing part is how much story Myles managed to tell in this extremely short book without actually giving anything away. Ju
Tutti Dolci
Oct 27, 2010 rated it liked it
I read Foreplay in a quick sitting while dinner was cooking, and have to say that it is a brilliant way to get people motivated into reading the series. :)

I've had the Succubus Diaries books in my possession for a couple of months, always promising myself to read them next, and always getting distracted by something else - you know how the fast paced Goodreads world of "What's the next hottest read?" can totally pull you away from one book to read another that just got added to your TBR list? -
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Slightly confusing if you've never read this series before. If the word "succubus" hadn't been in the title I might've been completely lost. I'm going to assume the man that bit her was a vampire but I'm not certain because I'm not sure if he broke the skin. Anyway, how a vampire bite makes one a succubus, I don't know. Seems rather silly to me. There'll be hundreds of succubi around in no time.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Having already read book 1 in the series, I really enjoyed Foreplay. If you haven't, then it's definetely the best place to start as it gives you a bit of background information on how Jackie managed to get herself turned into a succubus while being down on her luck.

Talk about having the worst day of your life? You get passed over for a job promotion, because of your looks basically, you try to drown your sorrows away in 2 martinis or 8. And then you are
May 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
I've been wanting to try the Succubus Diaries series for a while now so when I saw this free prequel novella was available on the Kindle I jumped at the chance to read it.

Although this is described as a prequel I didn't find it made much sense to me. It's a very short story, I didn't know who any of the characters were & I didn't really get what was going on most of the time.

I'd say it would probably be better to wait until you've read at least the first book before picking this up & hop
Meigan
Gosh, I miss Jackie and her wayward bunch :)

This is the prequel for the first book of the series, Gentlemen Prefer Succubi. While the story of how Jackie became changed is explained in the first book, this novella explains the whole story, complete with how she used to look before becoming the red haired bombshell she is now (and of course how she ended up in the dumpster). Naturally, both Zane and Noah are in the novella since they were instrumental in turning Jackie into a succubus.
Kym
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Decent buildup for the first book. We get to know what type of people we a dealing with, to a very small extent. Maybe reading the series won't be so bad. However, this little snippet doesn't give enough to allow me to judge my feelings on it. There is no base, nothing to tell me what the story may be about.
Jeanny
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series was recommended to me by Meigan. I decided to to dip my toe reading this short 16 page prequel to the series. It totally peeked my interest & u look forward to reading book 1 in this series. :) I rate this 4 stars

This book counts towards two of my 2014 YouTube Read A Thone challenge .
1 Book with red in the cover.
2 Book recommended by a friend.
Sara Kate
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Short and sweet. I'm curious now to start this series.
Kelly Russell
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
not sure how I'm supposed to feel...read in 15 minutes, been thinking about it as long...not sure if I'll read more....strange, very strange.
Jackie
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Another lovely free read for my NOOK App today, short novella prequel to Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1) by Jill Myles
Too short to really say much about this Novella which takes place prior to "Gentlemen Prefer Succubi" but it details the night Jackie Brighton is turned from a rather geeky, overly plump human female into a totally flamboyant and lusciously sexy femme fatale! Hot vampire Zane happens to be outside the bar where Jackie was busy getting smashed after being passed over for a longed for and much needed promotion at work.... Wh
Sandra "Jeanz"
Oct 18, 2012 rated it liked it

MY REVIEW
I downloaded this mini-novella prequel from Amazon.co.uk free!
This book is basically the story of how Jackie Brighton was turned into a succubus. It begins with Jackie sat in the office at work, waiting to hear if she ahs got her dream job, the one she has been working for, for two years. Actually Jackie is told that she hasn't got the job. Even tough Jackie has the academic qualifications needed for the job she is passed over.
So Jackie's mood is what you would probably say is low. She
BookNerdette
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Telma
Dec 31, 2010 rated it liked it
Depois de lhe ter sido negada a promoção, que tanto tinha trabalhado para ter, Jackie decide ir para um bar afogar as mágoas em álcool. Ao sair do bar, já bastante embriagada, é mordida por um vampiro que de certa forma se enternece com Jackie e, sabendo que a sua dentada tinha aumentado a libido dela, decide levá-la até Noah, para que esta se transforme numa Succubi. Noah é um anjo caído cujo castigo é matar o seu apetite sexual, que o ataca como se fosse uma fome, uma vez por mês. Quando Jacki ...more
Netha
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
short story about how jackie end up as a succubus.
interesting story how zane pursued jackie to seduce noah.
jackie remind zane to someone he knew a very long time ago. how from the first time zane called jackie princess.

this is something I love about zane
for him jackie is everything.
well too bad jackie can't have both zane & noah but u can't have all your want, don't u??? sometimes u have to make a choice with who you want to spend the rest of your life & it not easy (well, immortal has
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
I haven’t read yet the Succubus Diaries series by Jill Myles, but after this novella?? I will definitely read the whole series!!! Jackie has the worst day in her life when she get passed over for a job promotion for the job of her dreams. Then she decides to get drunk but that’s a huge mistake!

After a lot of drinks, a strange man appears in front of her, bites her neck and tells her to go and have sex with a total stranger! It’s not enough for you to read? Then, you should know that this strange
Celine
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
This prequel to the Succubus Diaries series was a pleasant surprise for me. Foreplay can easily be read within half an hour, but has enough story in it to make you curious for the rest of the books.

We meet geeky Jackie Brighton when she hears her dream-job is about to be filled by a woman way less qualified than her. We get a glimpse of her personality, and I found her voice very entertaining.

What struck me the most about this short is that even though it has a rather dubious name and what looks
AngelLeah
May 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
This story should not be labeled as a prequel because if you haven't read the series, you don't really care about this.
It's very short and will only take you 10-15 minutes to read.
I haven't started the series yet and wanted to read them in order. This short story tells about a character who gets drunk and has something happen to her. If you don't know anything about the series, you really don't know what has even happened by reading this story. She gets bite by some guy and set up to sleep wit
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book is sub-titled A Succubus Diaries Prologue.

A woman named Jacqueline loses in a bid to get a job as a museum director. The job went to a prettier woman. So she goes out and gets drunk in her misery. She meets a guy in the alley and he seems to bite her. When he does she orgasms tremendously.

The next day he takes her to a bar and tells her a guy there wants to kiss her. She goes to his place and they have sex for a long time, then she meets the first guy again who again bites her. Her bod
Erin
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Not really any foreplay. Mostly a tease.

As far as a prequel to get someone interested in purchasing the series, I wasn't impressed. This seemed like a prologue before the start of chapter one of a different book. Not a book with a middle & end in its own right.

It definitely teases: who/what is the guy who bit her? Is he her pimp now? Did he just turn her into a supernatural prostitute? What has she become? What are the rules about what she has to do to survive since she seems to be a "midd
Michelle McKinney
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great beginning to a series and gives us a look into how Jackie becomes a Succubus. In the beginning the book tells how Jackie was going for a promotion and didn’t end up getting and she was horribly upset. To drown out her sorrows Jackie goes to a bar and gets drunk and is told to leave after having one too many. She leaves the bar and things start happening but she isn’t exactly sure what is going on.

I can’t wait to read the first book in this series after reading this novella to le
Lindsay Kendal
I knew this was a short story, but I didn't realise just how short. This isn't the authors fault, it's mine entirely. I should have looked. I'm glad this was free, I love short stories and I'm happy to pay for them. I've also written a couple myself. But not as short as this.

I guess it has wet my whistle a little. I've never read any other books by this author, but now I intend to read the next. I like the authors writing style, easy to read.

There isn't much to say about this since it is so sho
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
This is a very short story, but it really packs a punch and leaves you hungry for more! A short prequel to the novel Gentlemen Prefer Succubi, it lets you in on how Jackie was transformed into a succubus by a vampire bite. But that’s just the beginning; throw in a fallen angel, a wild one night stand, and a mystery that’s just beginning, and you’ll see why I’m intrigued with this short story.

Download it for free on Amazon.com

I can’t wait to sink my teeth into Gentlemen Prefer Succubi and see wha
PurplyCookie
This is just a little more background info on how Jackie was found and ultimately turned into a succubus by Noah and Zane. At least that's the advertisement. I expected that this will introduce me to the series and pique my interest. But it failed to do that.

Typically, a prequel will draw upon an awareness of books set later chronologically while still telling an actual story that can stand on its own. This doesn't do that. It's more like the prologue to a book.

More of Purplycookie’s Reviews @:
Blodeuedd Finland
I can't say a lot about this story since it is only 9 pages long. But you get to see how she became a succubus. And how Zane seems to have reasons for the change and how Noah just falls in the trap. And a bit of Jackie how she was before.

All in all a nice short story to red before book 1. Or afterwards if you want to. You will get a few answers and it is just fun to read more about these characters in the end.

And it just makes me Team Zane even more (but then I am always on that team). He is th
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this prequel to the Succubus Diaries series! "Foreplay" by Jill Myles was just that: the warm up to the main event!

It really prepares everyone for Gentlemen Prefer Succubi and how Jackie ended up in a dumpster with no memory of the night before. I really enjoyed this short story a great deal and recommend to any who have read the first book or any who are thinking about reading it!
Maggie
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Ugh, what a dick. A good little snippet to the series (I'm, of course, reading them out of order). I got this as a freebie on Amazon, and if I had paid the... I think it was $3.00 price tag, I would have felt a little short changed. It was quick, less than 50 pages (maybe?), and really didn't give me more than what I already knew from reading the series. Usually when you have snippets like this, it's from a different POV or something, but I felt like this story, while great for a fan of the seri ...more
Sam
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Poor Jackie is having a bad day. First she got passed over for a promotion, then whilst indulging in a few (or eight) self pity martinis, she gets kicked out. Could it get any worse? Well, yes, apparently so. Who is the strange man she meets in the ally? Why does she wake up in a dumpster? And who, oh who, is the guy with the blue eyes?

This is only a short story and I'm devastated that this is the case, because I was transfixed and so sorry it ended so soon. I will surely be rushing out to buy G
Kristin
Oct 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
It all starts with Jill being turned down for a promotion at her job. She is very upset and drowns her sorrows in martini's. She ends up having one too many and gets kicked out of the bar and end up running into a shady character in the alley. He does something to her that makes everything fuzzy and she ends up doing things that she wouldn't ordinarily do.

This is an extremely short story that sort of sets the tone for the Succubus Diaries series. I have not read any of the other books of the se
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Kiss at Your Own Risk (Soulfire #1)
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Fresh Blood
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
  • Saying Goodbye to the Sun
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love Series)
  • A Knight to Remember (Blood Sword Legacy, #3.5)
  • Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire #1)
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • Legacy of the Witch (The Portal, #0.5)
  • The Bite Before Christmas
  • Bloodlust
  • Reunion (Vampires Realm, #3.5)
  • What A Demon Wants (New Orleans Vampires, #4)
JILL MYLES is the author of the Succubus Diaries from Pocket Books. Jill also writes as Jessica Clare and Jessica Sims.

A NOTE ABOUT FRIENDING: I will happily friend you back if you friend me! Goodreads is, after all, about discussing books we both love. I will NEVER self-promote my books to you. And if you self-promote your books to me, no matter how nicely, I'm deleting you off my list. Sorry. Go
More about Jill Myles

Succubus Diaries (4 books)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1)
  • Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2)
  • My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3)
  • Succubi Are Forever (Succubus Diaries, #4)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“A rich, mellow voice touched my ears, and I looked up to stare into the most beautiful blue eyes I’d ever seen. He was a blond god – tall, tanned, with a hint of a smile playing on his mouth.” 0 likes