Start by marking “Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)

Wicked (Pretty Little Liars #5)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  41,512 Ratings  ·  1,489 Reviews
The fifth book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series that inspired the hit ABC Family TV show Pretty Little Liars.

In idyllic Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four very pretty girls just can't help but be bad. Hanna will do anything to be Rosewood's queen bee. Spencer's digging up her family's secrets. Emily can't stop thinking about her new boyfriend. And Aria approves a litt
Published February 1st 2011 by Atom Books (first published November 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked, please sign up.

Michaela
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Tylah Marie
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Like always.. this series is always entertaining and you never find yourself feeling bored. Although this is only the 6th book in the series I've read - I did feel like something was missing. Suspense, maybe. The story never felt dull but I did feel like the heart of the story got a little bit lost.

Can't wait to read the next book! :)
Geraldine O'Hagan
Oct 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kate ♡
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Wicked by Sara Shepard
Actual Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

This isn't 5 stars, because I'm still waiting for that PLL book that just blows me away... I do believe it's coming!! hahaha

I loved this instalment in the absolutely addicting PLL series!
This book was full of creepiness, intense moments, friendships, and not so much 'friend'ships...

I loved getting to see more of Kate she has a great name and Hanna's relationship, it was so interesting.
The matter going down with Aria and Xavier was also really inte
Meg
Feb 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Lightwood
3.5 stars - spoilers for the previous books in this series.

This series has always created mixed feelings for me, and rightly so. It's a thriller but at the same time its pitched for its entertainment value and that really is its best feature. I never know what to expect going into this books - something simply amusing or something with a but more chill factor? Wicked was the first book that I can happily say that managed to create a perfect blend of those two elements.

The book started off a lit
Stephanie
This series is so good. The books get better every time. Stay tuned for reviews :)
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Ian Thomas is in jail awaiting trial and the girls are able to relax and return to their lives. Or can they??? Just when the reader thought that the mystery of A has been solved at the end of UNBELIEVABLE, more bizarre events await the girls of Rosewood.

Caroline
The addicting thing about this series is the mystery and unpredictability of it all! Who is the mysterious A? It wasn't Alison, but now Mona owned up to being A-but she fell off a cliff. Is it Ian? Is it Kate? Is it Jason?
This series is so painful sometimes to read, the way Spencer and Hanna get treated by their families. Hanna's dad and stepmom don't listen to Hanna at all. The golden child is Hanna's stepsister Kate, who is so evil that if she was my step sister I would have thrown my cleats a
Marisa
Aug 11, 2010 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone 10+
Annabella
Dec 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
M
Jul 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Ugh, these books are like my favorite flavor of ice cream. So delicious but very bad for me. I always wait in anticipation for each book to come out even though I know I'll just be left unsatisfied again! And it drives me crazy to the point that I just want the series to end so that I can find out all the secrets and be done with. Although I have to give points to Sara Shepard and Alloy Entertainment for keeping readers like me on a hook.

Anyways, this is the fifth book in the Pretty Little Liar
Susan
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: at-home-library
I love the Pretty Little Liars series and I flew through this book.
Maud
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is clearly setting things up for this second arc. It is not as tense or exciting as some of the previous books though that ending definitely made things interesting!
Abby
Life is bustling in Rosewood, PA: there is a murderer on the loose; nasty girls snap at each other's throats; grown men make illegal romantic passes at teenage girls; under aged drinking goes unchecked... and just who is this mysterious A sending threatening messages to four former best friends?

Yup, that's right, it's Pretty Little Liars. Care to guess which installment this little snippet is about? I'll give you eight guesses!

While reading Wicked, I felt like I was stuck some sort of weird wor
Ahmad Sharabiani
Wicked (Pretty Little Liars #5), Sara Shepard
Marcelino
It's annoyed how stupid they are. It seems like they don't think anything at all, specially Hanna... Oh god she is the worst of them.
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
Book five in the Pretty Little Liars series

When is Ezra coming back? Because I sure as heck hope Aria does not cave in to Xaviar's ways. He's a liar and will hurt her.

Well Ian is dead. Obviously A killed him. And I get the feeling, he knew too much. He said someone else was there the night Ali was murdered. A blonde someone. Which gives my theory more evidence. Ali had a twin. An evil twin. Or it's possible, Ali's alive and the twin is the one dead. You never know. I could be completely wrong.
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 5 in the ‘Pretty Little Liar’s’ series.
Ian’s in jail, and A. is dead, isn’t she?

This was an okay story, but I’d say it’s my least favourite of the series so far.

We had some new characters in this story, including Hanna’s step-sister Kate, who turned out to be a real girl-dog, and a new love interest for Aria, who also turned out to have some strange ideas when it came to family relations.
The storyline seemed to have moved on a bit from the ‘A’ bu
Anna Banana
3.5 stars!

Well...I can definitely see what people mean about it getting a little repetitive, much like the tv show. And I just realized there are still 10 more books I need to get through...shit. I don't know how much of "he did it...no she did it..." i can go through without wanting to punch someone.
Brujaxa
3.5/5

Otro libro más de la saga Pequeñas mentirosas. La verdad es que no espero una maravilla de estos libros. Me gustan porque se leen rápido y son muy entretenidos.
Este ha estado bien pero otros han estado mejor.
Kate
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's the thing about PLL books, they are the perfect weekend read and then when you think "I'm not going to read the next one", she hits you with a cliffhanger.
Janelle Dazzlepants
Sandra Miksa
It finally feels like the characters are growing up.

As for the plot; it's so much more twisted than the show. A lot more dramatic shit happens.

I love how Sara Shepard always weaves an event from the past into the current lives of the girls. It resurfaces memories of Ali and reveals things about the girls and other possible suspect. It also immortalizes Ali in some ways.

It's like an endless back to back, which is clever for hiding the real A or the real killer.
Johnzel Babijes
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ian Thomas is in jail awaiting trial and the girls are able to relax and return to their lives. Or can they??? Just when the reader thought that the mystery of A has been solved at the end of fishy, more bizarre events await the girls of Rosewood.

Hanna, Spencer, Emily, and Aria slowly try to settle back into their normal lives. Hanna is working through the trauma of learning that her best friend tried to kill her. She tries to live with her soon-to-be step-sister, Kate, and build up new friends
Vanessa
The big problem is that this book has the same plot as the rest of the books in this series. It really feels like all of the girls are repeating the same mistakes that they made before. The entire book feels like filler. Not a whole lot happens in this book. Structurally, this book is very similar to the previous book. It really emphasizes the feeling that this series has told this same story before. When the same things happen to characters over and over again, it just isn't trashy fun anymore. ...more
Susie
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books, 4-star
Charlynn
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Several months have passed since Ian's arrest and the reveal that Mona was A and her subsequent death, but the Liars' secrets are nowhere near as cold and as frozen as the winter Pennsylvania weather. Aria has a new love interest... only he's the same guy her mom's dating; Emily is once more confused about her sexuality and dating a boy; Hanna is making nice with her step-sister in an attempt to ruin her before she can be hurt; and Spencer is uncovering her family's secrets after her grandmother ...more
Wdebo5487
Dec 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first saw "Wicked" on my library's shelves I nearly had a heart attack because I was so excited to read it. When I started it seemed calm, nothing much over the toply scandelous/exciting. At first I was disappointed, the problems that occured seemed childish and, to put it simply, pitiful. However, after a bit, the conflicts intensified and well, it got so addictive like any other Pretty Little Liars book.

I am not a big fan of Spencer, she is so, ugh, I don't know how to explain it, she's
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Oh my god! So many crazy, intense things happened, I don’t even know where to begin!

So Aria’s mom starts dating again, and you will never guess who! I was so surprised when I found out!

*gasp*

Emily has a potential new boyfriend... that’s right, boy! Poor Emily is confused out of her mind! In her place, I would be too!

Image result for confused dean supernatural gif

Hanna has new best friends to replace Mona, and it’s none other than......... You thought I was going to tell you? Ha! No spoilers ;)

And then there’s Spencer
Serene Godina
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes things aren't always what it seems. Four girls from a place called Rosewood had a friend that was murdered. They thought the murderer was Ian Spencer's sister's boyfriend who was also Alison's boyfriend. All four of these girls were having family, friends, and boyfriend drama but they weren't as close of friends as they used to be so they don't like talking about it with each other. All of them had been getting threatening texts from a person who goes by the name of "A" but they thoug ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard - Reading 'Wicked' from April 3rd 2015 59 56 Jul 29, 2015 01:01AM
A Million More Pages: 5 - Wicked (PLL): May 15 45 33 Jun 05, 2015 08:48AM
YA lovers <3: Wicked 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 11:37PM
review 1 8 Sep 18, 2013 06:13PM
Who is on your A suspect list? 19 56 Aug 10, 2013 01:27PM
  • Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • Last Christmas (Private, #0.6)
  • Massie (Clique Summer Collection, #1)
  • Unforgettable (It Girl, #4)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.
More about Sara Shepard...

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
  • Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)

“I suppose I could let bygones be bygones, forgive and forget, yadda yadda. But where's the fun in that? These pretty little bitches got everything I ever wanted, and now I'm going to make sure they get exactly what they deserve. Does that make me sound awful? Sorry, but as every pretty little liar knows, sometimes the truth's ugly-and it always hurts.
I'll be watching....