Start by marking “How Many Trucks Can a Tow Truck Tow?” as Want to Read:
How Many Trucks Can a Tow Truck Tow?

How Many Trucks Can a Tow Truck Tow?

4.67  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Now available for the first time ever in paperback--the beloved book that
was named a "Library of Congress Book of the Year" in 1987! Follow the
jaunty little tow truck as he rescues three fellow tow trucks. "A read-aloud
delight."-- "Booklist
"
Published March 11th 1997 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about How Many Trucks Can a Tow Truck Tow?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Many Trucks Can a Tow Truck Tow?

Panda Incognito
When my mom and I finished going through "How To Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons," I got to pick out my very own book as a reward. We went down to the charming local bookstore my family loved, and I looked around at all my options. I selected this book, and at one point, I nearly had it memorized: I loved the charming concept, story, and illustrations, and now appreciate how free from stereotypes I was at that age. I didn't know or care that "girls don't like stories about trucks." ...more
Jeffrey E
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was an earth shattering epic that came to me in time when I most needed it. Some may say it is only a child's book but there is a lot more. The complexities in the various subplots really come together in the end in a way I don't think anyone saw coming. Charlotte Pomerantz is truly a genius.
Bethany Clugston
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
I wish there were more than five stars for this book. My mom bought this book kind of on a whim I think, and we completely wore it out, so she bought another. She also bought at least one for extended family members. I am a college student in early childhood education, and I knew this book had to be in my collection so I bought two of them on amazon.
It's a rhyming book that moves pretty quickly. It's one of those that your kids will probably always want to read, and soon you will have it memori
The Brothers
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trucks, rhymes
Asher specifically requested four stars for the book. Rhyming along the lines of How Much Wood Would a Woodchuck Chuck if a Woodchuck Could Chuck Wood, this is a kinda unique story of a tow truck towing other tow trucks. A little repetitive, but in a fun way.

Illustrations along the lines of the Trucktown series - very nice.
Nae
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The number #2 requested book of all time for the "book lady Priest" from 1st and 2nd graders, and one of the two gifted to my first grandchild :) cause it was her daddy's favorite book. He, I, and my daughter can still quote the thing word for word without even thinking twice!
Carrie Jacobsen
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This has been a favorite since I was a kid. The price of a used copy these days is crazy but I bought 2 so I would always have one! :-) I read it to my preschoolers and they loved it too. I think they understood how much I loved it.
Frank
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Frank loved this story. I didn't love the illustrations, personally, but I did enjoy reading it to Frank. It rhymes and has a couple of tongue twisters. It flowed pretty well. And now I can say, "How many tows can a tow truck tow if a tow truck tows tow trucks?" really really fast. It was fun.
Karen
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Powerful, fun, rhyming and a book about trucks...it just does not get better. The theme of determination, of course I will help, I can do it is just repeated over and over. Read and enjoy this book over and over again
Monica
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
my son's very favorite book as a toddler. Can't begin to tell you how many times I read this. I thankfully have a copy because it is not one that has evidently stood the test of time for others. It's kind of a "little Engine that Could" for tow trucks.
Cindi
May 01, 2016
Callie
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
A cute little book. One of andrew's favorites from childhood.
Erin Gruber