Start by marking “Rock Bottom (A.J. Palladino, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rock Bottom (A.J. Palladino, #1)

Rock Bottom (A.J. Palladino #1)

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  431 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
Rock Bottom
Published March 1st 2011 by Vanguard Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rock Bottom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock Bottom

Dale Harcombe
Aug 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Angela Joy Palladino usually known as AJ fled from her coal mining home in Scotia, West Virginia. She was 17. Ten years later she is back with her 9 year old disabled son, after taking a job with a lawyer who is crusading against mining which is removing the mountain tops. But when she arrives she finds the lawyer who hired her is dead. However his daughter Elizabeth seeks AJ’s help to carry on the fight. Was his death from natural causes or is there a murderer on the loose.
It certainly seems t
Jaret
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book by Erin Brockovich more than I expected I would. She chose an excellent co-writer in CJ Lyons. There were many similarities between the storyline and the case she was famous for. She added a lot of interesting characters and an interesting backstory. The mystery itself was interesting, but the plot was definitely character-driven. I will continue the series because I enjoyed the characters so much. I'd love to see where they go next.
Lynn
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
When this book came out I was intrigued; I wanted to read it for I thought it might be fun but then I was hesitant because was it just one more book written by a celebrity?

Then at a conference I hear C.J. Lyons speak and I said to myself, this has to get on my to-read list. As it turns out my "to-listen-to" list moves faster and this quickly got to the top.

I enjoyed this book.

AJ Palladino left town when she was 17 and pregnant. She never returned and was truly upset when her parents never asked
Claudia
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just finished "Rock Bottom" by Erin Brockovitch. It was a great thriller about the efforts to stop Mountain Top Removal coal mining. MTR is a reality in WV; where literally, the top of a mountain is blasted away to expedite coal extraction. Mining companies are quick to utilize this method and the people who live in coal mining towns cannot oppose the mining companies because they are the only employer in town. However, MTR employs less people than conventional under ground mining.

Erin states i
Cheryl
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Angela Joy Palladino used to be called “The People’s Champion”. This is because she fought for the people and what was right, no matter what the odds were against her. Angela had a good life. She worked as a radio personality. That is until a fatal incident left Angela packing up all her belongings and her son, David and moving back home. A place that she left ten years ago and did not look back.

Angela is ready to start over. When Angela’s new boss is murdered. Things go from good to bad real q
Sheila
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At 17 Angela Joy leaves her coal mining town in West Virginia in disgrace because she is pregnant. She has her baby and manages to scrape out a life as a environmental activist which of course this author is famous for hence the movie Erin Brockovich.

Now due to unforeseen financial constraints she is forced 9 years later to return home along with her handicapped son David. Suffice it to say the welcome isn't great except by her grandmother. David has never been told who his father is but now his
Stephanie Aaron
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I look forward to reading more novels by Erin
Barry Martin Vass
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Erin Brockovich is an intriguing character study. In the early '90's, as a single mother with no skills of any sort, she basically talked her way into a job with attorney Ed Masry. And then one day as she was sorting through case files, she ran across boxes of files dealing with Pacific Gas & Electric and the small, high-desert town of Hinkley, California. Brockovich is tenacious when she senses something amiss, and with PG&E trying to buy all the resident's homes amid skyrock ...more
Rebecca
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Found this in a box of books sent by a friend. I've been working my way through them in the order in which they interested me, and Rock Bottom was, well, on the bottom. BOY WAS I WRONG! For anyone familiar with who Erin Brockovich is, you will be expecting a book filled with passion about ecology and the impact that huge industries have on ordinary lives, and you won't be disappointed. You will also find humor, and sorrow, and a wealth of just plain likable folks, as well as a few real stinkers. ...more
Rebecca McNutt
Rock Bottom was interesting but I found that the subtle yet constant environmental themes were quite annoying. Reading this was like listening to Lisa Simpson preaching about nuclear power or something. O_o
  • Critical Condition (Angels of Mercy, #4)
  • Ant Farm (Seamus McCree #1)
  • Air Time (Charlotte McNally, #3)
  • A Fatal Slip (Clay and Crime, #3)
  • Blooming Murder (Iris House B&B, #1)
  • Camp Follower (A Mystery of the American Revolution, # 3)
  • The Lycan, The Witch And The Wardrobe
  • Drawn in Blood (Burbank & Parker, #2)
  • Nell Gwynne's Scarlet Spy
  • One Tough Cookie (Carol Sabala Mystery #2)
  • Stick Man's Really Bad Day
  • A Scrying Shame
  • Please Do Feed the Cat
  • Death by a Dark Horse (Thea Campbell Mysteries, #1)
  • A Small Case of Murder (Joshua Thornton Mystery, #1)
  • Runaway Devil: How Forbidden Love Drove a 12-Year-Old to Murder Her Family
  • Hiding Gladys (Cleo Cooper Mystery, #1)
  • The Dagger Before Me (Persephone Cole Vintage Mystery, #1)
Say the name Erin Brockovich and you think, strong, tough, stubborn and sexy. Erin is all that and definitely more.
She is a modern-day “David” who loves a good brawl with today’s “Goliaths”.
She thrives on being the voice for those who don’t know how to yell.
She is a rebel. She is a fighter. She is a mother. She is a woman. She is you and me.
It’s been 10 years since Julia Roberts starred in the Osc
More about Erin Brockovich...

A.J. Palladino (2 books)
  • Hot Water (A.J. Palladino, #2)