Start by marking “Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder” as Want to Read:
Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder

Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder

Plum Pudding Murder

The yuletide season in Lake Eden, Minnesota, guarantees a white Christmas, delectable holiday goodies from Hannah Swensen's bakery, The Cookie Jar--and murder. As a shadow hangs over her friends' Christmas wedding, Hannah's determined to cook a killer's goose before anyone else gets burned. . .

The Cookie Jar's busiest time of the year also happens to be the most

Murder

The
Published 2010 by Kensington Books

Be the first to ask a question about Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder

Start your review of Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder
James
3+ stars to Laura Levine's The Dangers of Candy Canes, a short Christmas novella in the Jaine Austen mystery series. I haven't read anything by this author before and stumbled across this in a collection of stories about candy cane killers; it was fun and gave me an interest in reading more in this series.

Story
Jaine Austen (no relation) is an unlicensed, sort of part-time, freelance private investigator in LA, and she is preparing for her annual holiday trip back home to Florida to
Shannon
Dec 19, 2012 rated it liked it
I got this compilation on my kindle through the library. I really like the Hannah Swensen stories, but I think they were written in a more short story type of format because of the way this book is organized. Like always, I loved the recipes and look forward to making some for Christmas this year. Overall it was fun to read this at Christmas time. I'm still not sure how I feel about the other stories by other authors. I like the Levine books ok, but the other author didn't catch my attention in ...more
Melissa
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Hannah, Moise, her sister, and her feuding beaus. Can’t wait to read rest of series👍
Arow
Apr 29, 2011 rated it liked it
This review concerns 'Plum Pudding Murder':

This was a typical Hannah Swensen story...I didn't find it as good as the previous few but I guess not all of them can be amazing. I thought there wasn't enough of a plot in the murder and there were not many changes in her personal life (which is the part I love to read).

All in all, I am looking forward to reading the next in the series.

First Read: April 29th to May 3rd, 2011 - 3 stars
Second Read: February 24th to February 25th, 201
Deanna Mosier
Dec 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy Joanne Fluke's fun murder mysteries. Hannah runs the local bakery, and her baked goods always end up as part of the murder mystery. Hannah finds the body --and then goes about with her family to find the clues that lead to the murderer. Lots of humor and great recipes throughout all her books. This bundle includes 3 of her books, and a couple of other author's mysteries, that were also pretty good.
Laura Beth
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A true sweet read for over Christmas Break! It puts you in the Christmas Spirit! What is Christmas without sweets?!? Better yet—read it during Thanksgiving Break to get you in gear for All that Christmas baking! Sorry for the explanation points. But please, who doesn’t get excited about Christmas?
Jody Hamilton
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
I know Hannah Swenson, the main character, owns a cookie bakery and the books carry recipes, but it seems there are too many references to her cookies and other baked goods that make the stories too contrived. Just once I'd like to hear Norman or Mike say "these cookies are lousy."
Christi
Jul 11, 2016 marked it as couldnt-finish
I can't remember if this one didn't draw me in or if I ran out of time on my ebook check-out. Maybe I will try it again later.
Claudette Neal
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy figuring out the killers and the recipes are killer too.
Danni
Ruthann Mccoy
Jun 21, 2017
Denise
Jul 06, 2012

• All the Little Liars (Aurora Teagarden, #9)
  • Too Far Gone (Lucy Kincaid, #14)
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
  • Wild Irish Heart (Mystic Cove, #1)
  • Wild Irish Eyes (Mystic Cove, #2)
  • Wild Irish Soul (Mystic Cove, #3)
  • Wild Irish Rebel (Mystic Cove, #4)
  • Wild Irish Roots: Margaret & Sean (Mystic Cove, #5)
  • Compulsion (Max Revere, #2)
  • Reckless (Lucy Kincaid, #5.5)
  • Notorious (Max Revere, #1)
  • Silver Bay
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • A Dangerous Act of Kindness
  • Edge of Evil (Ali Reynolds, #1)
  • Autobiography of a Fat Bride: True Tales of a Pretend Adulthood
  • I Am America (And So Can You!)
  • Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #1)
  • Breaking Point (Lucy Kincaid, #13)
  • Make Them Pay (Lucy Kincaid #12)
  • A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
  • Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #2)
  • Relatively Dead (Relatively Dead, #1)
  • Bat Wings, Rings & Apron Strings (Spells & Caramels, #10)
  • The New Iberia Blues (Dave Robicheaux #22)
  • Sugar and Spice
  • No Good Deed (Lucy Kincaid, #10)
  • The Lost Girls (Lucy Kincaid, #11)
  • No Use Dying Over Spilled Milk (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #3)
  • Best Laid Plans (Lucy Kincaid, #9)
Like Hannah Swensen, Joanne Fluke grew up in a small town in rural Minnesota where her neighbors were friendly, the winters were fierce, and the biggest scandal was the spotting of unidentified male undergarments on a young widow's clothesline. She insists that there really are 10,000 lakes and the mosquito is NOT the state bird.

While pursuing her writing career, Joanne has worked as: