Start by marking “Slow Ride (Rough Riders, #9.5)” as Want to Read:
Slow Ride (Rough Riders, #9.5)

Slow Ride

(Rough Riders #9.5)

A Rough Riders free read.

Keely McKay Donohue is enduring the longest wedding reception of her life: her own. The only saving grace is that Jack Donohue is finally hers. Usually her hunky man gives her everything she wants, so why is her groom denying her the one thing she wants right now?

Jack thought his secretive wait-for-the-honeymoon plan was romantic, until he realizes
Published November 9th 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Slow Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Ride

Auntee
Nov 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Rough Riders series
This is a free (Yay!) quickie available (http://www.mybookstoreandmore.com/slo...) from Lorelei James. It takes place during Keely McKay and Jack Donohue's (All Jacked Up) wedding reception and honeymoon.
Photobucket

Keely is hungry for her bridegroom. She can hardly wait to get through her wedding reception--she wants her sexy groom now! She doesn't want to wait for the elaborate, romantic honeymoon night that Jack has arranged. So she's going to try everything in her power to get a little taste of Jack, e
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Erotic Romance

Oh poor, poor Keely. You married a doting, sexy-as-sin stud who wants to romance you off your feet by whisking you to the exotic island of Tahiti to give you the perfect, memorable wedding night of your life and two weeks of pampered honeymoon bliss, including a secluded villa on your very own private beach, and you’re too much of a horny spoiled b*tch to appreciate it?!?! Jack, please drop Bratty Keely back at the airport, and I’ll be your devoted island lov
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

Im sorry but was there meant to be a purpose to this short story? Because if there was I didnt get the memo.

There wasnt even any sex! Sure keely spent the entire time and trying to get into Jacks pants. But thats all it was.

D.I.S.S.A.P.O.I.N.T.E.D
Dina
Ho-hum read that works like an extra epilogue to All Jacked Up. If you've read and liked that book, you'll want to read this free - yay! - story even though it adds (almost) nothing to the series; if you haven't, don't bother because it doesn't stand on its own.

My verdict: Jack is still yummilicious and Keely is a spoiled brat, but they love each other and that's all that matters.

And here's what happened when she finally got him:

Photobucket

And she's on top because she won the bet. ;)
MelissaB
A tad disappointing because there weren't any hot scenes. Jack kept both me and Keely waiting for way too long. On the other hand, his intentions were sweet. I wish we would have actually seen the hot lovin' scene we were teased with the whole story. I did like where they finally got to it, let's just say my hubby and I have something in common with these two and it brought back good memories of my wedding night ;)
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
This is a very quick revisit with Jack and Keely, taking place at their wedding reception and the start of their honeymoon.
It was fun to meet up with them again, but I don't feel like this enhanced their story. It's good, but not great.
Beanbag Love
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
This was a very short story that takes place during and just after Jack and Keely's wedding. When I saw there was going to be a short for J & K, I was thrilled because their book left some unanswered questions. Some of those answers were revealed in conversation in this book, but I think it might have played out as a pretty good novella (working out his moving his business or not moving it, where they would live, etc).

But this was just a quickie and all it served to do was showcase everythin
Ridley
Nov 08, 2010 rated it liked it
I guess there's no harm in downloading and reading this freebie, but I didn't feel like it added anything to the Rough Riders experience. It's devoid of any hot sex scenes, doesn't really tell us anything new about Jack or Keely, and kind of diminishes any hot sexual tension by resorting to telling, rather than showing. As well, it shows Keely in a rather unflattering light, when she grumps at Jack near the end.

YMMV, but I wasn't a big fan.
Anna
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Too slow of a ride if you're asking me, straight to the point of boringly uneventful.
However, the overal good impression that I got from Mr.Yummy and Steady make up for the digressions and indiscretions of Ms.Drunk and Mouthy.
Robin *loves sexy books*
Nov 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
sexy and super sweet just like keely and jack. only 4 stars because i wanted it to be soooo much longer!
Ivana Azap Feješ
It takes place during Keely McKay and Jack Donohue's (All Jacked Up) wedding reception and honeymoon. Keely is hungry for her bridegroom. She can hardly wait to get through her wedding reception--she wants her sexy groom now! Oh poor, poor Keely. You married a doting, sexy-as-sin stud who wants to romance you off your feet by whisking you to the exotic island of Tahiti to give you the perfect, memorable wedding night of your life and two weeks of pampered honeymoon bliss, including a secluded vi ...more
Yogi
Did I just give a Rough Riders book 1 stars? Yep, I sure did! I'm not really sure what in the hell this was supposed to be about, or what value this added to the series. Keely's whining was outrageous and she was a total and complete Cee. U. Next. Tuesday.! Thankfully this book was free and short, or I probably wouldn't have finished it.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A great little story about Jack and Keeley's wedding. Their's was one of my favorite stories in the series. This was short but sweet. That Jack is one hot man. Whew.
Curlyhairlass19
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need so much more of Keely and Jack. They are my undoing. Sexy as hell!!
Leah
I couldn't decide if I wanted to give this one 3 stars or 4 because my actual rating is a 3.5. However, I went with a 3 because of how bitchy Keely was just because Jack wanted to do something romantic for their first night together as husband and wife. The sweet moment with AJ and Cord was nice, it was awesome of Carson to deed some of the McKay lands to Keely and Jack, and Jack was just amazing. Keely just put a little bit of a damper on this for me. She seriously can't go a few hours without ...more
Riverina Romantics
Dec 14, 2010 rated it liked it
WHAT THE HELL

I usually get an inkling of how many stars I will give a book in the first quarter of the book, and I had this one set at a definite 4. Until.....I'm sitting in the car, listening to my Kindle read it to me (on a long trip home), patiently waiting for the scorching sex scene.....& it didn't fu*king come!!!

One minute I am listening to them undressing, ready to get all down and dirty on the sand, then next I am listening to "About the Author". I was completely dumb founded and had
MBR
It was so good revisiting Jack and Keely in this short story which takes place after Keely and Jack says I do. A battle of wills take place between Jack and Keely because Keely wants the hard, fast and slow brand of lovin' that only her husband can give her and Jack wants their first time as husband and wife to be something special.
Since Jack and Keely are my utmost favorite couple from the Rough Riders series, I loved revisiting them and finding out that they have stayed true to their form wit
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
AMAZING short story, this is a follow up to Jack & Keely's wedding. And LOVE seeing Cord and AJ ;-)

I fell in love with Jack all over again =)
Amy
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Poor Keely just wants to jump her new hubby....if she can only convince him to abandon his plan!
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboy
What an amazing wedding reception and honeymoon journey for Jack and Keely!! I love how hard Keely fought to bring out the caveman in Jack.
KatLynne
Dec 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Rough Riders Series
This short, free ebook gives a look at the wedding reception of Jack & Keely, from Book #8, All Jacked Up. I enjoyed this brief glimpse into their HEA.
Monique Pearson
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
This story seemed unnecessary. Keely was acting like a spoiled pain in the a**. The best part of the story was A.J.
Sandy M
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hardly anyone can tease her characters or her readers better than Lorelei James. Of course, depending on where the teasing is going on depends on the reaction you’ll get. We met Jack and Keely in their book, All Jacked Up, earlier this year, and I had been anticipating Keely’s book for a while. She’s the only female in a horde of brothers, all of whom are very dominant, alpha, sexy, the whole nine yards. She was also a wild child character when she showed up in the previous books in this series. ...more
Autumn Review
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm not sure exactly what my thought process was, but I read this one without having read any of the books in this series. I know this was a free novella on Amazon and this author comes highly recommended by trusted friends. So, I gave it a go.

I admit that I was a tad bit lost, not knowing any of the other characters or even the main characters of this novella. But, what I saw, I did like. Keely and Jack are fun, flirty, and know how to push each others buttons. *wink* They think back to some o
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am a fan of Lorelei James Rough Riders Series and Slow Rider is a short story of Keely & Jack’s wedding which takes place after book 8 and if you have not read them and just want a quick and hot, sexy and steamy tale, then you will enjoy it, otherwise you might get lost in all the going-ons and all those dozen characters you are not familiar with.

This series is truly fabulous…hot cowboys and sexy women, steamy and unconventional sex encounters of two really interesting cowboy dynasties – T
Dee
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
What happened??????? That's all I could think when reading this. Yeah, I know it's a short story, but I LOVED JACK AND KEELY in their book. What the hell happened to them in this story? Where did Jack get the idea that Keely needed this elaborate, sweet, romantic so they could have sex. I really don't understand! It left me quite speechless and I thought it was a bit out of character for my hunky Jack!
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's nice to have a short story after Keely and Jack book. LJ doesn't usually do a epilogue so I love this book. This is a really funny sweet short story of Keely and Jack wedding/honeymoon. I love it show Keely and Jack out of their elements but still being there usual self. Aj and Cord are hilarious especially Keely's reaction, she's was more upset of not getting any.
They both have incredibly sweet moments in this book which I really enjoyed.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This was a free read from Amazon. This slow ride was more like a slow torture. Keely comes across as an immature nymphomaniac. Jack comes across as a loving husband trying to make something special for his new wife. Her lack of appreciation and turning it on to him for being the bad guy shows her self-centered attitude and lack of communication skills. Jack, I hate to say this, but I think the woman you married is going to be a bitchy nag in about a decade. Good luck.
Shelly
Jul 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I haven't read the series yet, but decided to give the short story a try. I liked it, it was fun and interesting, but from what I've read of this series, the lack of a steamy sex scene at the end is disappointing. It feels undone, but I haven't read the others.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Lorelei James & O...: Slow Ride~Book 9.5 12 13 Jul 10, 2013 03:42PM
Brand New Free Read And Book Release In Lorelei James' Rough Rider Series 1 19 Nov 09, 2010 09:05AM

• Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Breaking Brent (Roped, #2)
  • Hooked (Studs in Spurs Book 4)
  • Snowy Night Seduction
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch #3; Rocky Mountain House #3)
  • Three's Company
  • All in Time
  • Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • Northern Exposure (Compass Brothers #1)
  • A Tall Dark Cowboy
  • I Thought It Was You (Grimm's Circle, #2.5)
  • The Matchmakers
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • Guns and Roses (PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher, #8.5; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Lipstick and Leather (Rough and Ready, #7)
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.

Rough Riders (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1)
  • Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2)
  • Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3)
  • Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4)
  • Rough, Raw and Ready (Rough Riders, #5)
  • Branded as Trouble (Rough Riders, #6)
  • Shoulda Been a Cowboy (Rough Riders, #7)
  • All Jacked Up  (Rough Riders #8)
  • Raising Kane  (Rough Riders, #9)
  • Cowgirls Don't Cry (Rough Riders, #10)
“Her skin beaded from his steady, gentle touch.” 3 likes