Start by marking “The Fury (The Vampire Diaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fury (The Vampire Diaries, #3)

The Fury (The Vampire Diaries #3)

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  24,078 Ratings  ·  741 Reviews

Love can kill

Elena: with Damon at her side, and wild with her craving for blood, the changed Elena struggles to control her desires.

Damon: his hunger for the golden girl wars with his hunger for revenge against Stefan.

Stefan: tormented after losing Elena, he will do anything to get her back. Even if it means becoming what he once despised. . . .

Getting what they want

Published October 26th 2010 by Harper Teen (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Fury, please sign up.

Maine Caulfield This is only the third book of the series. It was originally 3/4 until Smith decided to write more books after a 15 year gap.

Heather *live on coffee and flowers*
I can't say anything about this series I haven't already said.

I love it.

The end.

Heather Hamilton
After finishing book three of the Vampire Diaries, and liking it considerably more than the first two installments, I noticed the irony of the titles and how I felt about each book.

The Awakening - I never woke up for it.

The Struggle - I struggled to get through it.

The Fury - I was gonna be really irritated if this book wasn't moderately better than the first two.

Thank you! It was better! (Moderately.)

Even though I admire people who can put books down when they don't like them, I find that I lear
Mariah
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this in high school and really enjoyed it! That's about all I can remember.
Kate ♡
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
The Fury, The Vampire Diaries #3

Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this book a-lot more than the first two, it was constantly engaging and I found myself actually being excited and anticipating what was to come.

I had my theories of who the 'big bad' was in this book, and I was right! thank you TV show

I connected a-lot more to the characters in this one, and really just enjoyed them all a whole lot more!

My sister actually was my own personal audiobook and read aloud to me for about 30 pages becaus
Baneen
Dec 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-j-smith
The book was really nice. So touching. I didn't liked the end, though. Elena never actually got to tell Damon that she loved him. I would have like to see his reaction to those words. The Stefan-Damon end was really touching. The last line was really beautiful. There's not enough of Damon in the book as I'd have liked but I really hope we get to see more of him in the next.
Jamie
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am giving this book a generous 4 stars. 3.5 is most accurate. The onle reason its not a three is a semi-unexpected twist toward the end. Otherwise this book follows along the same lines as the other books.
Elena is less self-centered and Damon is more likable than he was previously. I hope to read more about him as the series continues. Stefan is way to angsty from beginning to end and I have a feeling he always will be. The story once again seemed rushed and too short. Lot of unnessessary tho
Santi
Feb 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
[Quoted from this book:]

Finish it, his weary voice said in her mind.

Elena hesitated for an instant. There was something about those eyes that called up memories inside her. Standing in the moonlight, sitting in an attic room… But the memories were too vague. She couldn’t get a grasp on them, and the effort made her dizzy and sick.

And this one had to die, this green-eyed one called Stefan. Because he’d hurt him, the other one, the one Elena had been born to be with. No one could hurt him and li
Jill
Dec 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is just for "The Fury" which is book three in the "Vampire Diaries" series. This series continues to surprise me. SPOILER ALERT I did not expect Elena to be turned into a vampire. I know it is the logical outcome of spending time with vampires, but when it happened in book two I was surprised. I kind of put the book down in shock at that point. Then the conclusion of this one was full of more surprises. It turns out I was totally wrong about who the Other Power was. Part of me hopes ...more
Samantha Tolleson
Aug 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans, Urban Fantasy fans, Smut fans
Recommended to Samantha by: fantasticfiction.cc
I don't know... When I started this series I guess I was expecting this quality.
 photo tumblr_l5n53m5kVE1qbqzj6o1_250_zpsbp8hdwm1.gif

And yes I know that not all vampire fiction can be as awesome as Vampire Hunter D, but I was expecting a lot more out of Smith on Vampire Diaries. Her Night World series was so much better in: plot, romance, and overall character. I'm baffled as to the reason why this show has done so well on the CW/WB.

Instead by the end of this installment I literally was like Captain Kirk throwing a fit because the laser beam miss
Cal
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's YA Reads

4.75/5.

I just can't give it that extra .25 star, and I don't know why. I just know it isn't exactly a favourite like my other 5 star books. Or maybe it is. I may change it in a couple of hours.

This book was haunting. It had brilliant writing, and nothing was predictable. It had angst and comfort, and tbh the romance was at its low. But I'm not complaining. Because we got an amazing dose of Katherine.

Oh, Katherine. What a treat she is.

Abso
Sarah ~
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it

يبدأ هذا الجزء حيث انتهى الجزء السابق ..

تتحول الينا لمصاصة دماء ...
وتواجه البلدة خطرا كبيرا ..
تقرر الينا ان على الثلاثي
الينا ، ستيفان، ودايمن التعاون ..
تعاون قد ينهار بأي لحظة نظرا لخلافات الأخوين سلفاتوري ..
ومع تحريات أصدقاء الينا بالمدرسة تتأكد الشكوك .
هناك قوة جديدة وخطيرة ومعادية للبلدة ككل ..
في لحظة درامية يتم اشراك أستاذ التاريخ الجديد " ألاريك "
لن استرسل أكثر ..
هذا الجزء كان أفضل بكثير من الجزأين السابقين ...

رغم غموض النهاية ...

سأقرأ الجزء الرابع قريبا ... :)
Janani
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
I.HATE.KATHERINE
Shakira
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THESE BOOKS ARE SO CONFUSING but creepy and very clever. The foreshadowing is on point.
Alana
Sigh. When people talk about paranormal YA these days, there's a lot to choose from in the genre and even if I haven't read it all, I get the sneaking suspicion that most of it isn't brilliant. When it comes to The Vampire Diaries, however, I knew that LJ Smith and her series had been around before Twilight and that claims were made about how it seemed hard to believe that Meyer hadn't read Smith's series, given certain similarities. So while fishing about for something to read in the wake of th ...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
Elena wakes up from where she has been pulled out of the river – she’s not dead; or rather she is, but she’s a vampire. Which means she has a whole new life to prepare for as a blood drinking creature of the night. Further, she’s in Fells Church where everyone believes she is dead – an act that is causing all kinds of drama and grief.

And then there’s Stefan and Damon – though betrothed to Stefan she now looks at Damon and finds him unnaturally compelling because… I don’t know, just run with it.
Jime
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,8/5 :p

Esta saga va mejorando con cada libro.
Furia tiene mucha acción, tensión, misterio, romance y es muy atrapante, desde que lo agarré no lo pude soltar.
Elena ya no es tan molesta. Las primeras páginas hasta que Elena entra en razón fueron muy entretenidas [si han leído el libro, saben porqué y si no, lo sabrán] y se comportaba como una tonta PERO CON UNA RAZÓN ENTENDIBLE. Pero lo que más me gustó fue la gran evolución que demostró al final, la madurez que había adquirido.
Si bien Stefan no
Tatiana
I am…content with how things wrapped up in The Fury. It all made sense. The characters were left in plausible places within the plot. Elena's journey as a newborn vampire was interesting. Her evolution from self-centered Queen Bee to self-sacrificing vamp was well done.

I would have liked a bit more Damon, as always. I am curious to see how it’s possible to have more books in this series, though, with the way it ended. (I guess they could continue without Elena.) Also, with Katherine returning o
Praveen Alluri
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book was awesome and i am not saying that just because of it's plot twists but also because of it's ending.Now as much as i would love to hate the ending i just can't force myself. It turned into a really nice trilogy with a good ending.
Nikoleta
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Αφελέστατο και πολύ σύντομο. Η πλοκή θα είχε αναπτυχθεί καλύτερα σε περισσότερες σελίδες.
Miglė Keliotytė
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I probably liked this part the most. Elena has really grown as a character. Plus, the ending was cool. Hah, I already started reading the fourth book. That says something, I guess.
Ray
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vamp-romance
I read this third installment. I found it okay. I didn't think it was amazing. I liked the ending. I wasn't blown away though. I don't find the plot to be as blazing as I had hoped. I am still struggling with whether I am more affected by the tv show and therefor the books are a let down? I would love to hear from anyone who has read one and seen the show. I am at a crossroads as to whether or not to read any more.
Blodeuedd Finland
Stefan
Tormented after losing Elena, he's determined to end the feud with his brother, Damon--whatever the cost.

Damon
Mocking Stefan and Elena, he laughs in the face of doom.

Elena
Wild with her craving for blood, she confronts the ultimate evil.

The terrifying story of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.

Genre: Paranormal romance, YA
Pages: 256
Published: 1991

The Vampire Diaries #3

Something evil is in town. People think Stefan is a murderer, and Elena is a vampire. So everyon
Kathy Horsman
If I could only give you one reason to read this book, I would tell you read it for the ending. It was tragic, intense and so filled with emotion that it really turned the whole series around. Of course, it also made me want to pick up #4 immediately, so DAMN YOU!

Elena is a new vampire and she goes CRAZY with bloodlust. She doesn't even remember who Stefan is! For that matter, who anyone is until reality starts to come back a few days later. The most tragic part of the whole thing was the fact t
Nicola
Well, this was definitely better than the first two books in the series! It was MUCH more entertaining to read and I found less of an urge to just skim. There was a lot more happening than in the previous books, the characters were a lot more intriguing and the writing itself just felt better. These books are pretty short so perhaps that's why it's taking L.J Smith so long to actually get anywhere in the story! I'm still not a huge fan of Elena... or Stefan. However, I really think Damon is a fu ...more
Sara
this book better than serial
at least Elena doesn't be in love with Damon
i was wonder what kind of drama makes Elena leave Stefan after 2 seasons of sacrifice and love , to be in love with his brother Damon , after Stefan sacrifice himself to save Damon!!
this story based on drama , so if it haven't a good drama why i see it for 7 seasons ?
Ev
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Fury was really good. I mean really, really good. First I wasn't sure if I like it or not but it turned out good. Not as amazing as the previous books but still. And damn how much I want to know what will happen next.
Darlin'
Dec 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh why younger me? Why? Think of all the money you wasted on these things....
Sam Willows
This is not good
Matthew
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love can kill...

The Fury
is miles ahead of its predecessors. With the first and second entries to the series, The Awakening and The Struggle, the focus is predominantly on romance, with a hint of the supernatural thrown in for good measure. Well, The Fury decides to up the stakes dramatically, giving me what I've been asking for since the beginning: A big, brazen plot with an actual big bad to face down.

And while of course the gooey, addictive love triangle still weaves its way throughout, it's
aiman.
Actual Rating: 4.5

This book was more engaging than the first two.
Elena was very much better and for the first time she did sound like heroine.
Stefan was still trying hard.
Damon did care for Elena but he needed more scenes since he is one of the protagonists.
Bonnie was annoying. (I like Meredith more.)
  • Evil Thirst (The Last Vampire #5)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • Crimson Night (Crimson #2)
  • Blodsøstre (Blodets Bånd #1)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Die Sternseherin (Licht & Schatten, #2)
  • Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)
  • Reckoning (The Fallen, #4)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

The Vampire Diaries (4 books)
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #2)
  • Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #4)
“Very touching. Do you want me to imitate a violin?” 127 likes
“Something was shining on Damon's face. She reached toward it, touched it, and lifted her fingers away in wonder.
"Don't be sad," she told him, feeling the cool wetness on her fingertips. But a pang of worry disturbed her. Who was there to understand Damon now? Who would be there to push him, to try to see what was really inside him? "You have to take care of each other," she said, realizing it. A little strength came back to her, like a candle flaring in the wind. "Stefan, will you promise? Promise to take care of each other?”
98 likes