Start by marking “Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3)

Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers #3)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  4,744 Ratings  ·  348 Reviews
They are masters of seduction, London's greatest lovers ...
Renowned for his bedchamber prowess, Ransom Seymour, the Duke of Ainsley, owes a debt to a friend. But the payment expected is most shocking, even to an unrepentant rake—for he's being asked to provide his friend's exquisite wife with what she most dearly covets: a child.

Living for pleasure, they will give their
Published June 28th 2011 by Avon

Daniella
Dec 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Warning: This review is filled with spoilers, profanities, and graphic threats of violence against a specific character that would make Hannibal proud. If you still want read on, go ahead, but don't say I didn't warn you. This won't be pretty, because I'm writing this while I'm mad as hell. In fact, here's a preview of what's to come:
description

I respect Lorraine Heath's storytelling abilities very much. So much so, in fact, that I always take a risk with her, even if the premise of her stories would norma
Katie Michaels
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
As much as I love Regency Romance novels, most of them have two things in common that I could really live without: A young innocent, virginal heroine... and a long, long wait for a sexual payoff. The first, I find unrelatable and get somewhat irritated that an insipid 19 year-old is the "woman" I'm supposed to rooting for. The second generally makes me impatient and frustrated.

It would be easy to say I was crazy about this book because it features a grown woman with a sexual history --and becau
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
I love this book! Lorraine Heath proves yet again why she is one of my top favourite authors with this beautifully written and wonderfully romantic love story.

Ainsley really made this book for me. He’s such a wonderful hero; a tender, sweet, caring man. I love how he treats Jayne with such patience and sensitivity; how he is totally devoted to fulfilling her every desire; how he makes her feel treasured.

He wanted her to have happiness. He wanted to give her what Walfort could not, regardless of
Christine
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I must confess that I had my doubts about this book from the moment I read the synopsis. I don't think I would have picked it up were I not familiar with this author, and particularly had I not read the prequels to this novel. Maybe that means it simply wasn't for me to begin with, but I did want to read Ainsly's story.

Here's the premise: Jane's husband is paralyzed and can't get her pregnant. He wants her to have a child, so he convinces his cousin, the Duke of Ainsly, to do the deed for him. J
Caz
The TBR Challenge for June was to read a book by an author who has More Than One book in my TBR pile. Having thoroughly enjoyed Lorraine Heath’s recent Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James series, I have purchased a number of her other books and picked this title from 2011, hoping for more of her excellent, emotionally charged storytelling.

Well. Emotionally charged it certainly was – and then some – and even though I got choked up on several occasions, Waking Up With the Duke was thoroughly enjoy
Duchess Nicole
This was SOOOOO much better than the first two books!!! And I suggest skipping them altogether if you are so inclined, just to get to Ainsley. The youngest brother, he has been the constant voice of reason, so steadfast and responsible in his Duke-ly duties. He is old beyond his years.

For the last three years, the Duke of Ainsley has felt responsible for the accident that robbed his cousin of his ability to walk...after all, he was holding the reins, and drinking while doing so. The acc
Dinjolina
I have waited so long for this book and the blurb for it made me pre-order!

But,but...but...oh...but!

After reading it I have this bitter sweet taste in my mouth and while I write this rew I almost wish I never read it. The love story between the hero and heroine was very sweet and it satisfied me. If I was to rate only them and maybe the duke's mother and Leo then I would have given it nothing under 4 stars, maybe even 5. But alas, as the author sates in the end of the book she was fascinated wit
KatLynne
After reading the synopsis I was a bit skeptical about the story but as soon as I started reading the book all my doubts were forgotten. It’s not often that I sit down with a book that involves infidelity. And what made this one work for me is the omission of the heartbreaking deception that is always present when a partner strays.

The betrayal of the wedding vows is proposed by the heroine’s husband, Walfort. Being paralyzed due to a reckless accident and haunted by guilt of tremendous proportio
*MariaA*
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"A RARE GEM OF A BOOK"
It's a 6 star book for me,,i have read countless historical romances and used to think none can match Judith Mcnaught's writings since she truly is queen of HR's but this is one book that really matches up her mark.
Lorraine Heath outdid herself in this one,i found the plot extremely different from the usual HR plots(and they are very predictable), i fell in love with Ainsley and Jayne ,it was so well scripted that one could feel the sparks flying and i hung on to everyword
Sammy
Dec 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book made me feel, for a lack of a better term, like crap. The heroine was stripped off her dignity by the betrayal of her husband and it was not fully restored by the end of the book. My biggest issue here is the lack of respect for the heroine. No amount of hot sex scenes, or passionate confessions could erase the fact that she was disrespected in such a bad way, and I just cannot tolerate that in a romance novel.
Buggy
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Opening Line: “I’ll consider your debt paid in full if you get my wife with child.”

Big Sigh* Oh this was just so good. Absolutely perfect romance filled with great dialogue and moments of humour amidst all the angst. Loved everything about it, and really, really wondered how this couple was going to get their HEA? Totally surprised by the outcome. Did not see that coming! What does one read next after such a perfect story? Thank you Lorraine Heath.
Charlotte Featherstone
24 pages in and already my emotions and heart are engaged! I need to slow down, to take my time and absorb it, savor it like a decadent piece of chocolate. A nearly impossible task, Heath writing is that good! And Ainsley is that perfect!
Rach~The Highlander luverrr
SIMPLY AMAZING... one of the best HR's ive read in a long time
Elizabeth May
Oh my god, I have no idea how I feel about this. Heath's writing is immensely gorgeous as always, Ainsley is a lovely hero and my heart hurt while reading this. However, as I'm sure people can tell from the synopsis, this is a very morally complicated (dare I say, muddied) romance. So all I can summarize here is that I Have A Lot of Feelings, Perhaps Too Many.
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lindsay
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Bright Star Review
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! This is my first book I have read from Lorraine Heath and I really enjoyed it. I thought that this book was going to be a little different however, I loved the plot and the developement of all the characters.

-------- Spoliers!--------------------------------------------------
The story began when Ransom Seymour, the Duke of Ainsley known as Ainsley must repay his debt from his cousin/best friend Marquess of Walfort aka Walfort. Walfort requires Ainsley to sleep with his wife Lady Jayne Seym
Jacqueline
Wonderful. This is an angsty read about a woman married to a man who had been injured in a carriage accident and is unable to make his wife pregnant. In order to make her happy, he asks his cousin/best friend to give her a baby. Because the cousin, Ainsley, was the one driving the carriage, he feels guilty and agrees. He has also been almost in love with his cousin's wife for years and will do anything to make her happy. There is a lot of heartbreak and angst as the 3 of them arrange and commit ...more
Anne OK
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
Absolutely captivating and enthralling from cover to cover. I know there are those readers who gave low ratings because of the "other family" and the "adultry" aspects but I didn't. It was a part of the story and those things happen in real life, whether we agree or disagree. I don't like a full menu of this type of story but variety within my reading choices. Infidelities of these types certainly happened with frequency in the time frame of this book. All the characters satisfied me in their de ...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
5+++
This story ranks at one of the top of any HR story I have ever read. OMG, there was so much angst, emotion, secrets, betrayal and longing. I loved Ainsley, absolutely loved him. Could there be a more caring, loving, not to mention sexy hero as him? I don't think so. SIGH
I must say I was worried that this story wouldn't have a hea but I'm happy to say it does. Mercy, what they went through to get it though.
I haven't read the previous 2 stories but I just can't fathom how they could be as goo
Cynthia
A grand conclusion to the London's Greatest Lovers series. No action, adventure, suspense, swashbuckling. Only the total investment of the heart to see that the one you love is given whatever they need or desire; no matter the cost to oneself.

The romance of Ransom and Jayne is both exquisite and heart wrenching. Knowing the joy they find in one another at the expense of what must be sacrificed. An emotionally charged tale that will leave you well satiated.
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Reread and loved it even more than the first time I read it!!
Katherine 黄爱芬
Ainsley dipaksa oleh teman karib sekaligus sepupunya Lord Walford utk menghamili istrinya, Jayne. Walfort sdh 3 thn mengalami kecelakaan jadi tidak bisa menunaikan kewajibannya sbg suami. Jayne tadinya ogah dgn tawaran tsb, namun akhirnya tdk kuasa jg menolaknya.

Setelah rayuan dan bercinta selama sebulan, Ainsley dan Jayne mulai merasakan cinta pd satu sama lain, namun dgn berat hati mrk hrs mengakhiri hubungan mrk. Jayne memang berhasil mengandung. Tapi saat Walfort sekarat, mulailah terkuak ra
Spacklefritz
May 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Not sure what to rate it.

So regardless about my iffy status before reading the book, I ended up liking it. I wouldn't say was an incredible read, but it was good. I think Heath did a well job in portraying how the situation affected the three people involved, more focusing on Ainsley and Jayne.

They didn't jump into the situation immediately, and neither did they completely forget the world that they were in. They thought about it. Of course initially, Ainsley and Jayne were like wth?! (like the
Ang
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Waking Up with the Duke

Well I did not expect to LOVE this book but I absolutely did and did one thing I have not done in a long time...read this book in 24 hours. I could not put it down.

Ainsley is a Duke we have been reading about in the first two books of this series that starts with "Passions of a Wicked Earl" and follows with "Pleasures of Notorious Gentlemen". The series was published in 2010 - 2011 and I started reading it over Thanksgiving wanting to catch up on some of Lorraine Heath's
Tina
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Intensely romantic.

For me, the hero made the book. That is not to say I did not like the heroine Jayne. I thought she was pitch perfect. First as a wife who loves her husband through the 'sickness' part of 'sickness and health', second as an individual who has to weigh her wants and needs against loyalty and what she feels is conventionally proper, and finally as a woman who has to come to terms with a lot of emotional turmoil. Really Jayne did most of the emotional heavy lifting in this book.

B
Novia Liu
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stay-in-heart
I always love Ainsley character since the first book,
that's the reason I couldn't give 1star for this book or neither burn this book when I really want to

description

Ms. Heath is a good author, her books always catch my emotions and sometimes left me with a big anger stuck in my heart like this one

okay, Walford the heroine husband
at one time I really want to strangle him hard, but at one time felt so pity with him
he is trying to make everything right at the end but man, you've missed one big point !! you ju
Tracy Smith
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awakening desires and total fulfillment begins with "Waking Up With The Duke."

Guilt and a treasured friendship leads the Duke of Ainsley to make one of the most difficult decisions of his life. He must seduce his friend's wife, Lady Jayne, and give her a child. The Marquess of Walfort feels that he is owed this debt after being cut down in his prime resulting from an accident he claims is the fault of Ainsley. Will Lady Jayne and the Duke go through with such an unheard of request? How will the
Elise

This was my first time reading a Lorraine Heath book , when I first found out about it I got super excited about the plot and decided to buy it right away, forgoing my huge “to read” list I already have. It took me longer to read than other historical romances (which I usually engulf). I found myself skimming over certain parts because I just wanted to get to the ending.

The hero of this story is basically just perfect. He would do anything for the heroine… and he wasn’t afraid of falling in lov
Sort of sane theme but ........ 1 7 Sep 24, 2016 04:42PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 06, 2015 10:52AM
  • Pride & Passion (The Brethren Guardians, #2)
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • All About Seduction
  • Midnight's Wild Passion
  • One Night Is Never Enough (Secrets, #2)
  • What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
  • Scandal of the Year (Abandoned at the Altar, #2)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • Her Notorious Viscount (Stoneworth, #1)
  • Ravishing the Heiress (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #2)
  • How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #3)
  • How to Marry a Duke (How To #1)
  • Silk Is for Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1)
  • The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)
  • A Lady's Lesson in Scandal
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Soldier of Fortune (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #2 )
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® durin
More about Lorraine Heath

London's Greatest Lovers (3 books)
  • Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)
  • Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman (London's Greatest Lovers, #2)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Calico Palace: A Novel (Open Road)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Seeing Red
    $9.99 $2.99
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Absolution
    $3.99 $1.99
  • My Dearest Love (Longing for Home)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Choices (The Love's Valley #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Secrets in Summer: A Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Walkin' on Clouds (Angels & Outlaws, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)
  • OBSESSION
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Chances (The Love's Valley #3)
  • Nearlyweds
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Sweet Resolve (Lucky, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Promises (The Love's Valley #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I would rather be a cripple and have your love for all of a single moment than to live as I am without ever having it.” 21 likes
“She angled her chin proudly. “Very well. If you insist.
I’ve come to invite you to my wedding.”
He shook his head sadly. “That I cannot do, my
love.”
“But it shall be the talk of London. I want you there.
Desperately.”
He gazed out to the sea. “I never thought you to be
cruel, Tess. I can deny you nothing. But please don’t
ask this of me.”
“But if you’re not there, my dear, dear Leo, then
however shall I marry you?
She watched as the shock of her words rippled
over his beloved features.
“Me? But you always said no when I asked for your
hand.”
“I was a foolish woman. Lynnford was the love of my
youth. And as we have talked these many weeks as
we’ve not been able to talk in years, so we
discovered that neither of us is the person that each
of us fell in love with. We were holding onto someone
who no longer exists.” She took a tentative step
toward him. “You love me as I am now. And I shall love