Start by marking “The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish, #7)

The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish #7)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,000 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Who is JWC and how was the One Last Wish Foundation created? Discover the tragic story behind a struggle for survival against impossible odds. Follow the interwining story of true love and friendships that compelled JWC to dedicate a life and legacy to helping others in this extraordinary novel of hope.You don't know me, but I know about you.... I can't make you live longe ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legacy

Jess
Without question, the best of her books.
Cassidy
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book "The Legacy" by Lurlene McDaniel is a book about a young girl named Jenny who is diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 16. Jenny Was a healthy girl who was care free and was so excited for the up coming summer. One of her best friends named Richard was coming up to visit and she was so excited. Right when Richard came to town Jenny Meet him and was eager to go off and make many summer plans. But when she suddenly gets sick there whole summer gets changed.
In my opinion this is one of th
Sara
I wish Ames of somewhere between ya lit and death was still updating her blog, cause I'd love to see her take on this one.

I didn't read Lurlene when I was a kid. My childhood and teen years were full of Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley and various kid and adult classics. So this was in essence my very first Lurlene book, and...it wasn't horrible.

It was cliche as hell, of course. Jenny's the kind of beautiful cancer patient Hazel Grace Lancaster was created to be the antithesis of, not that this m
Ashley

- There wasn't any one specific thing that I didn't like about this book. However, I think it could have been fleshed out more. I got this "Special Edition" vibe which makes sense since it discloses who JWC is and why the foundation was founded. So I would think it could be a little longer.

- This one definitely had a lot more to it. More characters and more back story.
- I really enjoyed the side characters: Noreen, Kimbra, and Elaine. They were great additions, especially since most the books in
Julie
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: engl-420
Eh. It was okay. I don't do so well with books about illness and dying right now so I stayed pretty far detached from the story. Jenny's battle with leukemia and her grandmother's struggle with losing yet another family member should have been more moving to me than it was, I suspect, especially with the love story of Richard mixed in there. I feel McDaniel probably did her research as far as some of the feelings kids have when they are faced with these kinds of diseases, but it felt a little gr ...more
Clarissa
Nov 27, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-420
Rachael
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Actual Rating: 4.1

This was my favorite book of the series so far. We finally learned who JWC is and how the One Last Wish foundation came to be.

I loved Jenny & it broke my heart to watch her suffer and succumb to her leukemia. I loved the romance aspect of this story. It was realistic and believable with just the right amount of angst. I also liked Jenny realizing the strength of good friendships and people who can empathize with you when you're going through something bad (or good). I
Annie
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved Lurlene McDaniel books when I was in Jr. high, and this one was my favorite. When I was a child a couple people in my family were sick and died. McDaniel's books were like therapy for me, they helped to understand and to cope, they made me realize I wasn't the only one who lost someone. These aren't the best in terms of writing but they are short and serve their purpose. I believe I read that the author started writing this series when her son was diagnosed with diabetes and she w ...more
Charissa
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Charissa by: Serena
Shelves: bla-bla-bla
This is the story of who the person who gave the sick children money and the chances to live their dreams. Her name is Jenny and she was battling leukemia, and there was also a little bit of romance with a certain somebody. Like the other books from Lurlene McDaniel, this was very heartwarming.
Anam
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazing
Made me cry and very emotional. I still remember this story form my childhood days. She is a rich heiress and the last of her name. Even though they never really dated, the guy never marries because of her.This book made such an impression on me back when I was ten that I continued reading her books for years!
Caroline
Aug 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the author, fans of the series, people who enjoy tearjerkers
Jenny is a rich girl who gets Leukimia, and suddenly her world comes crashing down. She knows she can never have a future with the boy she loves, and she knows she is going to die. So Jenny tells her grandmother to create a foundation for sick teens like her, and give them checks for $100000 to do whatever they want, for their one last wish.
Miranda
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You find out in this book who JWC is & how & why the One Last Wish Foundation was created. Taking a little break before I finish the rest of the series. But have liked what I have read so far. Can't wait to finish the rest of the series & see what happens
Natalie
Tears for days, you guys.
Kristen
fascinating..
Cws
JAR4-McD
Gloria Mccabe
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book!!!!
Judy
things from the OLW series made more sense when i read this book...and im glad that at the end Richard finds that bracelet
Morgan
Mar 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing and helps put all the one last wish books in perspective it's amazing
Lindsay
Jul 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
Finally we find out the story behind One Last Wish And JWC. This story has a little bit of everything in it. But ultimately sadness. This one is a real tear jerker.
Ke'mya Smith
it was like super beautiful and i read it over the summer i just wanna reread it. it is the only book i could read over again and not get bored its so awesome goodjob Mrs Mcdaniel:) :)
Erica Fortson
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Brittany
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good story, but sad. I wouldn't want to pursue the rest of the series.
~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~
read this before you start reading her one last wish sereis this book is how it started!!!
Beth
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know what you will get when you read Lurlene McDaniel, heartwarming and sad.
Melenia
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Arya
Nov 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sob-stories
Go back to where it all began. . .so sad, and yet so good!
April Barden
Jun 12, 2015
Jessica
Feb 21, 2012
Katalin Risner
Aug 06, 2009
Lia Fukada
Apr 04, 2014
  • Charlotte: Heart of Hope (Hearts and Dreams, #2)
  • Long Live the Queen (The President's Daughter, #3)
  • Facing Demons
  • The Wakefield Legacy: The Untold Story (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #2)
  • It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)
  • Silver (Sarabeth, #1)
  • Emily: My True Story of Chronic Illness and Missing Out On Life
  • Heart & Soul (Clearwater Crossing, #3)
  • Izzy, Willy-Nilly
  • Plain Jayne (Plain and Simple, #1)
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • A Heart Divided
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...

One Last Wish (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Time to Die (One Last Wish, #1)
  • Mourning Song (One Last Wish, #2)
  • Mother, Help Me Live (One Last Wish, #3)
  • Someone Dies, Someone Lives (One Last Wish, #4)
  • Sixteen and Dying (One Last Wish, #5)
  • Let Him Live (One Last Wish, #6)
  • Please Don't Die (One Last Wish, #8)
  • She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)
  • All the Days of Her Life (One Last Wish, #10)
  • A Season for Goodbye (One Last Wish, #11)