Start by marking “Get Anyone to Do Anything: Never Feel Powerless Again--With Psychological Secrets to Control and Influence Every Situation” as Want to Read:

Get Anyone to Do Anything

The legendary leader in the field of human behavior delivers the national bestselling, must-read phenomenon that changed the rules. Utilizing the latest advancements in human behavior, Dr. Lieberman's critically acclaimed techniques show you step-by-step how to gain the clear advantage in every situation.

Get anyone to find you attractive
Get the
Published May 11th 2001 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published May 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Get Anyone to Do Anything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Anyone to Do Anything

Start your review of Get Anyone to Do Anything: Never Feel Powerless Again--With Psychological Secrets to Control and Influence Every Situation
Jen
Sep 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone needing to neutralize the Obnoxious
Recommended to Jen by: Frisco via Traci
You're a smart person, I think we can both agree. It's good to learn techniques that make your life easier, isn't it? You want to read this book, right? ...more
Molly Octopus
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
NOTES

[Law of Association] The circumstances/moods we are in color our perceptions of the people that are there at the time.

[Repeat Exposure] People like things that they are exposed to more

[Reciprocal Affection] We like people more when they like us.

Shared Experiences.

We like people who make us feel good.

We dislike people more after doing them harm.

Seeing someone you like doing something stupid or clumsy will make you like him more.

Adrenaline generates and intensifies passionate feelings.

People
Cecilia Burk Carter
Feb 03, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fic
Picked up this book while looking for a distraction. Been smiling the whole way through so far. Surprise!...It's not about manipulation. The phychological principles are natural things we do as humans and most of the time we don't even know it! The findings are based on research and every one of them rings true as I picture my own life experiences. It's all stuff most of us eventually learn, but I wish I'd had this book in high school and college. I'd have been less confused.

Still chuckling my w
K.
Aug 14, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a book on Influence and Persuasion - I'd recommend reading Robert Cialdini instead. If you're looking for a book on simple manipulative tricks... maybe this is the book for you. ...more
Amina
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome tips are given in this miraculous books. Most people already know half the things written in this book but the way David writes these in relation our day to day lives is amazing and very helpful... I would recommend it to everyone.
Carl
Feb 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of psychology; success leaves clues
Shelves: self-motivation
Practicaly psychology applied to everyday interactions. It's definitely worth reading. More than manipulation, it tells you how to control yourself, motivate others, and deliver the message that you want during an encounter.

B/B = BUY
Eric
Oct 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
"Get anyone to do anything" had a couple nuggets in it, but for the most part the author and title is promising more than the book can give. ...more
Amir Tesla
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology, favorites
Simple rules to achieve effective social life
Cornelius
Jan 03, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I remember picking up this book and wondering at all the possibilities. I figured most people were too stupid to pick it up, and gladly picked it out of the library.

As I read through it, I noticed the book was poorly written for the most part (subjects aren't really fleshed out, and everything is followed by "all the time!") It was easy to overlook this, as I imagined soon my attractive neighbor would be all over me and my boss would be doing my bidding.

When attempted in real life, it did not w
DC
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
It is reminiscent of Greene's The 48 Laws of Power, but while that book holds more principles, THIS book give you concrete tools on how to accomplish those principles.

It's a great hodgepodge of things you can do to get anyone to do anything, but I suppose it can sound ruthless to the meek. I personally thought it was great, and I liked the note at the end wherein the author noted how this book wasn't meant to fix deep-seated emotional problems, but can help in small everyday steps.
Card
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
The book have separated into section for each situation which easy to pick to use. You can read whatever you want not necessary to read from first to last. Many times, book link some chapters to implement together. However, sometimes I found it quite exaggerate for the name of this book. It not that magic, It quite depend on situation. The method is very good but with a limit of power. You can't really get "Anyone" to do "Anything" as you please. But It helps a lot. ...more
Anton Klink
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Having read it quite a number of years ago, I remember thinking it was OK but not much else. Neither can I seem to be able to remember too many specifics about it. Obviously it wasn't awful, otherwise I would have remembered that, but neither was it good enough to burn a vivid image into my mind, so two stars is the most I can give it in hindsight. ...more
Ivo Stoykov
Good reading. If you are interested in self developing and are curious why things happens read this book. It is not long so it even does not requires much time.

I've read it twice. After the first reading I've became aware of commented situations and now I can easily note when they occur. The second reading helped me to note also my reaction in these situations and to correct some of them.
Joshua
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty good book about persuasion as it offers tactics and strategies to persuade people rather than just the larger theory of the matter. While for many people who've read a lot of these books this one only has a little to offer, that little is worth the effort as it's a short book and the tactics are good. ...more
Alice Verberne
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
David Lieberman seems too young to have written such an insightful book on human behavior. It is a great quick-reference to keep at the office when folks see a bit out of control and you need a little help in understanding how they tick.
Christine
It is really an interesting book on how to handle a specific situation and how to influence people. This book will help you to become a better person with self-esteem and you will never feel powerless again upon reading this book.
Nate Hewitt
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really liked this, and is a great starter for those interested in influence, psychology and body language. Will definitely put you in the right direction of that field. Useful , everyday tools to use.
Waseem Abunnadi
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good read. It covers what it claims to cover. Patience is key. Every tip in this book needs a fair amount of patience to be properly executed. I would recommend this to anyone planning to use it for good.
Topolub
May 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I bought copies of this for my whole family at christmas. It is not an evil manipulative book, but a good thoughtful manipulative book.
Krys
Jul 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
I got this one on audio CD back in 2003. It was really good. I want to find it again.
-Marisa -
Generally the point of this book is similar with another Mr. Lieberman book "Agar siapa saja mau melakukan apa saja untuk anda", but still interesting for me. ...more
Arminius
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
It offers some good ideas about how to handle difficult situations. I don't think they all will work but it is never-the-less interesting. ...more
Amir
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology
Simple rules to achieve effective social life
G Scott
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that after I read it, I think: "Why didn't I read this,say, 15 years ago." Simple to understand. ...more
Mary
Mar 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
I let the title 'grab' me. While it was a quick read (45 minutes on audiobook), it is not worth the time. I can't say there is a single new thing I learned from this book. I realize if I had read the reviews with the high stars I would have been even more disappointed that I wasted my time. I think my background helps me see through the ridiculousness of the tips suggested. While the tips are reasonable to have normal discussions with someone, they have zero practicality in real life when you ar ...more
Lora Shouse
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is a series of short psychological tips and tricks for getting people and situations to work to your advantage. Most of them are key words or phrases you can use to set up a situation to go the way you want it to, although there are other tactics too, such as smiling to make a great first impression. Some are most useful in business-type situations, such as things that can be used to help in selling, to help you land a job, or to get someone to help you with a project. Others are most ...more
Monkey
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. It wasn't as hokey as I thought books like these are supposed to be. It's a little weird at times, but I think this might be worth people's time, especially if they feel like they need to learn how to be a better social animal. I think some of this stuff comes naturally to people so it might not be for them.

I'm glad the audio book is abridged, I really feel like the full book would have been full of fluff. As it was, I felt like every minute was pretty good (less than 2 hours to list
Marcie Lovett
Mar 25, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
This book came highly recommended; however, I couldn't finish reading it because the techniques he described seemed manipulative. What was I thinking with a title like that?

Allegedly, he provides "psychological secrets to gain control of any situation." The "secrets" either were commonplace behaviors or downright deceptive.

I read the paperback book, but it wasn't one of the choices from goodreads. I wouldn't recommend it.
Carrie
Nov 05, 2015 added it
Lucas Truax
Jun 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Got it for the section on how people manipulate you but was pleasantly surprised by how many of the chapters had good, practical advice. Much of the content centers on improving your personal effectiveness in different areas such as negotiation, public speaking, and peer interactions. There are several chapters that seem to advocate for a winning at all costs mindset and questionably motivated tactics and I rate it 3 stars accordingly.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
  • Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
  • How to Be a People Magnet: Finding Friends--And Lovers--And Keeping Them for Life
  • Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
  • How to Argue & Win Every Time: At Home, At Work, In Court, Everywhere, Everyday
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
  • How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less
  • Fascinate: Unlocking the Secret Triggers of Influence, Persuasion, and Captivation
  • Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change
  • How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships
  • How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You
  • Time Management from the Inside Out: The Foolproof System for Taking Control of Your Schedule--and Your Life
  • Never Get Angry Again: The Foolproof Way to Stay Calm and in Control in Any Conversation or Situation
  • Words That Change Minds: The 14 Patterns for Mastering the Language of Influence
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • The Fine Art of Small Talk: How to Start a Conversation, Keep It Going, Build Networking Skills and Leave a Positive Impression!
  • How to Be Better at Almost Everything: Learn Anything Quickly, Stack Your Skills, Dominate
  • The Power of Charm: How to Win Anyone Over in Any Situation
David J. Lieberman, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized leader in the field of human behavior and interpersonal relationships. He is the creator of NeuroDynamic Analysis for short-term therapy.