Start by marking “Baking with Cookie Molds: Making Handcrafted Cookies for Your Christmas, Holiday, Wedding, Party, Swap, Exchange, or Everyday Treat” as Want to Read:

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Beautiful to look at but hard to use. That's the reputation of cookie molds. But should it be?

In this groundbreaking book, Anne L. Watson restores cookie molds to an honored place in the baker's kitchen by revealing long-lost secrets of their use. With Anne's techniques and recipes, tasty cookies with lovely, detailed designs will literally fall from the mold into your han
Published September 20th 2010 by Shepard Publications

To ask other readers questions about Baking with Cookie Molds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baking with Cookie Molds

Babs
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cooking and baking
This book is wonderful. The step by step directions and pictures are priceless. No baker should be with out this book. The recipes are as added bonus. The author does a great job in making the directions sound so easy even a beginner taking their time could make molded cookies with ease. White Chocolate Lime Cookies right now are my families favorite. This is a must have.
Darren
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cookies or biscuits - easy to make as a basic product in itself but if you want to make something a little more delicate and fine you can soon end up in a world of hurt and frustration if you are not careful. Many people think that only cakes can be really decorated yet the decorated cookie is, itself, a real wonder of art… and often tasty too should you dare to break it up!

Anne L. Watson has, in this reasonably slim book, managed to lift the lid on a whole unseen world of biscuit baking that is
Jen
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, baking
Professional Reader

(I originally gave this review on NetGallery in return for a free copy)

So in the last Christmas season, I was reminded of some intricate cookies that I had someplace when I lived in Germany as a child. It was either some sort of ginger bread, or maybe the recipe in the book for anise cookies? Either way, it inspired me to go on a hunt for cookie molds. I found some beautiful ones on Etsy, but I talked myself out of getting them because I was sure I'd just end up with a blob of dough.

I'm so glad
Alyson
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Professional Reader
Excellent read. A pleasure!! I find myself wanting to run into the kitchen and bake!!!
Before reading this cookbook I thought the topic was extremely narrow, I don't know why I thought this but I did. After reading this book I realize it is so much more. Firstly, I would like to say I wish all cookbooks were this well done. A clear step by step with pictures from her own kitchen will have you cooking beautifully in no time.

A nice surprise was also the trip thru time story with St. Nick visiting a
Linda B
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy to find this how-to book on cookie molds with detailed step-by-step instructions. The author, Anne Watson, guides the reader through the proper types of ingredients to use, mold preparation, mixing the ingredients, and removing the cookie from the mold. The purpose of the book is to enable even a novice baker to be successful at baking with cookie molds and enjoy this wonderful hobby.

Baking With Cookie Molds starts with a history and use of cookie molds. There is an important sect
Janis Hill
I would like to thank Shepard Publications for providing me with a free ARC of this book, via Netgalley, in exchange for an open and honest review.

Sadly this is a DNF book as I just couldn't get into this book. I have tried for a few months to get into it and just can’t seem to connect and get interested.

I know other people will give a book a bad/low mark for being a DNF, but as an author myself I know how bad that feels. So I hope my no score is less painful. I’m not going to score this book as
Michelle
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
As a child I always loved shortbread and the gorgeous moulds necessary to bake it. In later life I discovered "Speculaas" and St Nicholas cookies and the fascination continued. I often buy these cookies but have never until now seriously considered trying to bake them. I often see these moulds both second hand and new but look at them as more decorative than functional.

For a nation reawakened to the joys of baking or watching others bake this book is nice surprise. This book is bundle of informa
Apryl Anderson
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: what-s-cookin
I hardly believe that I'm giving a 5-star review to a cookie book, but seriously, those lovely hand carved wooden molds that I bought in Munich 25 years ago were languishing for far too long. It's somewhat gratifying to read that I'm not the first to be defeated. None of my 100% Bavarian neighbors could fathom the technique either; all putting it down to grandmother's secret.

Thank-you Ms. Watson, for throwing wide the doors and inviting us to come in! The first batch that you walk us through met
Martine Bailey
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 18th-century
Having recently bought some wooden gingerbread moulds of traditional figures and animals, I was finding it difficult to get the technique right to make well stamped biscuits. This inexpensive kindle book gave me some good pointers to actually pressing and rolling clear shapes (using parchment paper backing like a sandwich, rolling, and then holding the mould up at an angle and encouraging the mixture to drop using gravity). However, even now my technique is better I still haven't found the perfe ...more
Janet
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this book whole-heartedly...but the only cookie molds I own are from Pampered Chef and did not work well with the recipes for some reason.
(and I was stuck with left-over dough that I could not make into regular cookies so I ate it like that, raw eggs and all!!! It tasted like Speculoos "butter" that you can get at the grocery store so it was not a total disaster.)
Will stick to my cookie cutter collection for making cookies --- I have about 200 or so but really wish I knew how to adapt t
Cat
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really need to buy this book for my own collection! I remember seeing these molds growing up and not having a clue as to how to use them. I've even seen the cookies made with these molds! I want to make them myself and the recipes seem simple enough for a non-baker like myself to follow. I mean, my cakes ALWAYS get stuck in molds. If I can get a cookie out of a mold with this book, there's a chance I may have luck at getting cakes out, too! Bakers will love this book It's a wonderful addition ...more
Leyla Johnson
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I looked at this book, I was not sure whether I would find it useful. How wrong I was - such a enthralling book with a little about the history, a lot about moulds, type, how to look after them and use them. There are recipes which are very easy, and now I am looking at buying some wooden moulds - what lovely ideas for making biscuits for very special occasions.
This book was supplied for free in return for a honest and unbiased review.
Eileen Hall
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great mixture of antique and modern cookie, (biscuit/shortbread in UK) moulds.
The history of these moulds is fascinating, beginning with shop signs to religious designs.
The recipes are very tasty and there will be some feturing on my Christmas table!
I was given a digital copy of this book by the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review.
Alexandra Kocik
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I recieved a free copy of this book from Net Galley. So glad I found this! I am excited to try out Anne's cookie mold techniques on the ones I've had for years but could never properly use. Lost me a bit at the story eith Saint Nicholas traveling around with me to show their history, but the recipes and rest of the book are fantastic!
Michelle
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book. Clear and easy to follow instructions. I now feel more comfortable using my clay cookie molds. Recipes in back are varied and tempting.
ReviewsByMatty
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in awe of how cool the molds were and those cookie recipes looked heavenly. Definitely need to get an e-book or print version of this.
Cindy Laing
Oct 12, 2015
Astrid
Jan 02, 2016
Melanie Williams
rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2017