Start by marking “Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?” as Want to Read:
Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?

Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  1,888 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
Having a rhino at home could be very useful. He could eat your report card before your parents see it; he could help your grandmother make donuts; and he could help you get more allowance out of your father. But best of all, he could be a lovable friend.
Published January 1st 1996 by Lumen Press (first published 1964)

To ask other readers questions about Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?

Caroline
Illustrated in Silverstein’s signature spare black-and-white ink drawings, Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros? is a straightforward tale that’s really a pros and cons list (to owning a rhinoceros as a pet) than a story with beginning, middle, and end. There’s no moral; this is for the grins only. The drawings are eccentric and wild and truly the book’s defining quality (unlike Silverstein’s famous The Giving Tree, whose prose easily can compete alongside its drawings). The illustrations are essential ...more
Anahita
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read. :))
Sahar Hamed
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
برای برادرزادم خریده بودمش.. نمیتونم بگم من بیشتر تفریح کردم یا اون!
Amy Forrester
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you looking for something new when it comes to pets? Done with goldfish, dogs, and cats? Well, how about a rhinoceros? Not only is he cheap, but he’s so helpful around the house! He’s an excellent coat hanger and he’ll help your granny make donuts. He’ll back you up when you want extra allowance and he’s great at intimidating a shark at the beach. Best of all, he’s easy to love.

The black and white pen and ink illustrations are hilarious and imaginative. Much like a classic boy-and-his-dog st
Ahmad Sharabiani
Who wants a cheap rhinoceros?, Shel Silverstain
عنوان: کی گرگدن ارزان میخواهد؛ اثر: شل سیلوراستاین؛ برگردان: رضی خدادادی (هیرمندی)؛ مشخصات نشر: تران، هوای تازه، 1381، در 54 ص. مصور، شابک: 9647222629، انگلیسی فارسی، این کتاب در سال 1378 با عنوان «کسی یک کرگدن ارزون نمیخواد؟» با برگردان «ساغر پژمان» توسط انتشارات کتاب مهناز به چاپ رسیده است. موضوغ: طنز آمریکایی، قرن 20م، کاریکاتورها و کارتونها، کرگدنها

Faeze Taheri
it is very comfortable when you sit on his(rhinoceros's) lap
but not too comfortable when he sits on your lap.
^_^
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
I love anything by Shel Silverstein. I never read this book as a child, but I will now recommended it to anyone who has children and wants them to experience 'Silverstenian' magic.
Lisa Carroll
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silverstein can do no wrong in my eyes. Everytime I made a trip to the library, I would always manage to come home with a Silverstein book. The Giving Tree and Where the Sidewalk Ends were always favorites for me. This is the first Silverstein book that I brought home from the library for my five-year old son to read. He was enchanted by the words, the silliness and by the simple black and white pictures. Who needs color when you can tell a story like Silverstein. He writes poetry for the child ...more
Sam Wilkes
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book you will follow a little boy that owns a rhinoceros that is trying to sell people on why rhinoceroses make the best pets. The book, in true Silverstein fashion, is extremely silly. This is one of the things that I always love about his books, sometimes reading a book that's just silly is good for you. It can show you that life isn't always really serious, and that silliness can be a good, refreshing thing. I've read Shel Silverstein poems since I was a kid, and I always loved them. ...more
Pouria Roshani
کسی یک کرگدن ارزون نمی خواد؟ / شل سیلور استاین/ ترجمه ی سیما مجید زاده/ نشر گل آفتاب/ چاپ هفتم / 58 صفحه / تاریخ تموم کردن کتاب: دوشنبه 27 دی ماه 1395
یه داستان کوتاه جالب با نقاشیای قشنگ از شِل. این کتابش مفهومی نبود و مخاطبش واقعا بچه های کم سن هستن البته سن های بالاتر هم لذت می برن ازش ولی چیز خاصی براشون شاید نداشته باشه..یعنی مثل اون سری کتاباش که هم بچه ها رو شامل میشه هم بزرگسالا رو نیست.

پوریا روشنی
Harun Harahap
Bahahaha..kocak as always.. paling suka gambar badaknya didandanin perempuan. Mwahahaha.. sakiiit jiwaaa...
Mitra
از تو کتابای بچهگیم پیداش کردم! ...more
Rick
Mar 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Loved this book!
Derrick
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having a rhino to help you work and play and learn to live with, and share with. To have as a pet and friend. A rhino to love and be loved in return.

Shel Silverstein amazes me! By such simple (but yet deep meanings) in his books and stories he shared with the world his abilities to use language, humor, and wonderful images and drawings to tell that through simplicity deep, meaningful things can be discovered and life is for giving of all that one has.
His books have been apart of my life for many
Jenica
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary:
Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros? It is a delightful book written in poetic form. In this story the author is trying to sell a Rhinoceros. He gives many reasons as to why the reader should buy it. The reasons include anything from it being used a coat rack to it eating your report card before your parents see it. The illustrations are very simplistic and in black and white, but it works for this simple poetic type story.
Response:
This book reminded me of the time I tried to convince my paren
Meaghan Grady
Who Wants A Cheap Rhinoceros? By: Shel Silverstein
Meaghan G., Spring 2015

**Author Study #3**

"Well, how about a rhinoceros? Not only is he cheap, but he’s so helpful around the house! He’s an excellent coat hanger and he’ll help your granny make donuts. He’ll back you up when you want extra allowance and he’s great at intimidating a shark at the beach. Best of all, he’s easy to love." After reading this Shel Silverstein classic, I most definently want a pet rhinoceros!! This book is such a cute y
Morgan Nelson
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summary:
This is a goofy book about all the reason a rhinoceros is a great purchase for the house. All of the reasons listed are not possible. What caught my eye right away was the amount of imagination going into coming up with each reason a rhinoceros is a great purchase. Shel states, “you can use him for a coat hanger”. That obviously isn’t possible, but it’s supposed to be that way. This book is definitely geared towards young readers from grades 2-3.

Analysis:
The book doesn’t have any colors
Brenna Mclean
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros is one of Shel's Silverstein's unusual, funny tales of kids rebelling against the norm. This book is a story about a boy who has the most unusual of pets: a rhinoceros! He goes around trying to sell it, and comes up with unordinary reasons as to why he would be such a good pet. It is a funny book that young readers would definitely enjoy!
I like pretty much all of Shel Silverstein's works. I always find myself laughing at how weird the tales are, and I really apprecia
Mariah Olson
This story is about a child selling a rhinoceros and it begins by naming off a few typical traits of a rhinoceros and then the story goes into all of the silly things you can use him for if you were to buy him. Silverstein was creative with coming up with so many ways that you can use a rhinoceros in everyday life and all of the fun adventures that you can have together. The very end of the story is that a rhinoceros is easy to love and you can tell that if anyone went through all of these antic ...more
Catherine Toca
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rdg-291
Who Wants A Cheap Rhinoceros? is a great classic from Shel Silverstein. The book features all black and white hand drawn illustrations, as is typical of the author. Although it appears long, there are very few words on each page so it is a quick read. The texts features quips narrated by the child in the story. Each picture has it's own page and is not bordered, but rather takes up as much space of the page as it needs and the words are placed in the free space.

This story is about a young boy w
Vanesa Salazar
This book was so enjoyable! There's nothing like a book with little to say, so much to look at with little color, but incredibly funny! Having a rhinoceros as a pet seems like a horrible idea, but who knew that there were all these great things one could enjoy with one! This book perfectly portrays the imagination of any child that could want such a massive animal. There hasn't been one point in my life where I haven't wanted a giraffe as a pet and this book humors my everlasting desires and onl ...more
Genie
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
I love Shel Silverstein, and this book was one that my students loved as well. It's got rhythm and rhyme, and allows for readers to imagine having a wild animal in the home! One way to extend this text is by having students think of their own wild animals to have inside their home and write their own poetry or animating it like Silverstein did on his website [http://www.shelsilverstein.com/html/b...].
Heather
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
24 months - picked this one up at Goodwill and wasn't sure about it but was hoping the author of The Giving Tree wouldn't disappoint. Olivia really enjoyed this book from the first read and has asked for it over and over. My first reaction was it's ok but not a book I could read over and over... well we've read it numerous times and it's growing on me. I'd give it a 3, Olivia would probably say a 4 but neither of us would want a cheap Rhinoceros in the house.
Peacegal
Very silly and absurd like most of the Silverstein’s books, and filled with his signature fun, scibbly illustrations.

The only part I didn’t like was when the text suggested that the rhino was “good to yell at.”
Lesley Looper
This book is pretty clever, would probably give it 3.5 if available. If I were still teaching, this story could be the start of a lesson on creative writing--something about thinking outside the box. I enjoyed all the different "uses" for a cheap rhino! Fun illustrations too.
Cassandra Gelvin
But if it's such a great pet, why is it being sold cheap?

Weird, albeit cute, book. It starts with a poem and then continues into a list of various things you can do with a rhinoceros around your house. "He can open beer cans for your uncle." "It is very comfortable when you sit on his lap, but not too comfortable when he sits on your lap." Shel Silverstein's outrageous drawings are hilarious. "He is careful about not leaving rhinoceros tracks around the house," is accompanied by a drawing of sho
Vicki
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture, pre-school
This is a fun filled book about things you could do with a rhino-however this book was written in 1964 and some of the items and things in the book are out of date, yet could provide an opportunity to talk about the unknown items with a young child who may be listening to this book.
TJ Shelby
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read with the kiddos tonight.
Jessica
Cute, but far from my favorite Silverstein book.
Karina
  • Dinothesaurus: Prehistoric Poems and Paintings
  • قصه های بهرنگ
  • حدیثِ بی قراریِ ماهان
  • حسنی نگو یه دسته گل
  • My Dog Does My Homework!
  • Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do
  • Flap Your Wings
  • Guess Again!
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be an American Pioneer!: A Wilderness You'd Rather Not Tame
  • قصه‌های خوب برای بچه‌های خوب --- ۶
  • زمستان
  • Sam and the Tigers: A Retelling of 'Little Black Sambo'
  • Cinderella's Rat
Shel Silverstein was the author-artist of many beloved books of prose and poetry. He was a cartoonist, playwright, poet, performer, recording artist, and Grammy-winning, Oscar-nominated songwriter.
More about Shel Silverstein...