Start by marking “Lion vs. Tiger (Who Would Win?)” as Want to Read:
Lion vs. Tiger (Who Would Win?)

Lion vs. Tiger

(Who Would Win?)

If you stripped the fur off these two giant cats, they would look identical and only a special person could tell them apart. The big difference is the tiger hunts alone and the lion is a pack animal.

They live on different continents. This fight would never happen in the wild.
Published December 29th 2015 by Scholastic (first published December 31st 2009)

Start your review of Lion vs. Tiger (Who Would Win?)
Brian M.
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The penta-star rating is the result of coercion and has not been selected using free will. I am under constant supervision from my progeny when assessing these books. There is real pressure to inflate my fondness for this book series. With that said, I did enjoy this required reading more than the others.
Sharon
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-lit
The realistic illustrations, maps, and facts found in this book help children to learn about both lions and tigers. The author compares fun facts about life span, food, hunting style, and even shows the actual size of the animals' claws. All of this leads up to a child-appropriate account of the epic battle between lion and tiger, but who will come up victorious? This series is a great way to get kids interested in reading non-fiction work. ...more
Cameron
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
who do you think would win? Tiger or lion?
Mr. Cody
A totally awesome series. The kids love it. Also, apparently I’m awful at choosing the winner of these battles. I’m 0/2...
Jessica
My 6 year old son is completely obsessed with the books in this series. He has requested to own every single one. This specific book is very good, and while my review is generically referring to all the books we’ve read in this series, I unreservedly give this specific one 5 stars. Very well done.

The premise is engaging enough: what if two equally matched and ferocious creatures met and engaged in a fight? Who would win?

I love that the illustrations and maps are detailed, accurate, and realisti
Taylor
Feb 06, 2020 added it
In this Non-fiction book the Author Jerry Pallotta and the Illustrator Rob Bolster take us on an adventure of facts. Using facts about each animal to not only give us information about each animal. But to also give us some informational hints to take a guess about who will win. The author gave us everything up to fun facts, precise size, facts about the body and more! While the illustrator gave us something to look at after reading. Everything up to fun pictures, example objects used with the bo ...more
Angelee
Who would win? Two different animals, but not so different after all. The fight between a lion and a tiger. One is stronger than the other but if so do still think it will win? Who do you think would win? If you want to find out more, read the book and see who would win?

I really would recommend this to anyone interested. It is based on animals so if anyone who is interest in animals then I would probably most likely recommend it to that person. It was cool learning some facts about these 2 anima
Justin
Feb 10, 2020 added it
The book lions vs tigers is about the two and how the fight at the end. They both have disadvantages and vantages both are very strong. The tigers are alone and shy and by themselves most of the time when they come in contact with other tigers they are friendly to each other. But with lions if you are not a part of the group you are a bad guy to them. At the end they both fight and the lion won the fight.

I thought the book was good and very cool. It would be a good book for someone that wants to
Cathy Sheetz
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
There are several in this series of "Who Would Win?" I looked at Woverine v. Tasmanian Devil and Hornet v. Wasp. Each series provides information about each type of creature and explains what they use to protect themselves or attack others. The author doesn't provide an answer to the question, but rather a checklist at the end to help the reader determine who they think would win.

Great for classroom library of 3rd through 6 grade. Could be used in a science study of particular animals or insects
Guadalupe
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The name of this book is Who would win? Lions vs. Tiger and the author is Jerry Pallotta. In this book the author gives you a lot of fact about the animal and then asks you who would win. My opinion about this book is really good book and you really learn about this two animals. I really like this book because it si really interesting book. I would recommend this book to the people like me that like this book and like to learn about this animals.
Relyn
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. They are powerful tools for capturing reluctant non-fiction readers hooked. For third and fourth grade library time I read this aloud and then let the students check out all the rest of the books in this series. To make it more fun, I had each student predict who would win and sit on that side of the room. As I read, they could switch sides if they changed their minds. It was great fun!
Lucas
Feb 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
In this book the writer describes both a lion and a tiger, he tells how they are different in size, shape and color. He gives the sizes and the sizes for female and male for both animals so you can have a back ground of how both animals are. The author goes into details about how tigers purr between their roars and that a tiger’s roar is not as loud as the lions. The illustrations are very well drawn and life like. This book is full of information about who is strongest and how tigers and lions ...more
LisaJ
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A colorful and engaging non-fiction series surrounding the features and skills of two animals debating who would win in a fight. This book provides descriptions of two different animals listing the pros and cons of their natural instincts and defenses. Moving along through the book provides the readers information in order to make an informed decision before reaching the end of the book.
VM
Feb 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book because they gave all false information.This book tells that lions could defeat tigers.Lions could defeat tigers but tigers win 70% of the time. So this book is kind of bad,I would reccomend it to people who like lions.
Robin
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like this series. Great for student writing prompts and applying facts they learn.
Bennet
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Mason
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
great!!!
Anthony
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
it had a lot of information.
Raymond Gonzalez
Eddy
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Karen
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These are really good books for grades 1-3 and higher. Reading level is 3rd.
Hailey Durland
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
My brother read this book and asked me to write his review...

Why did the lion win? The tiger should have won-it had the size advantage. That book was a joke... I felt the facts were not correct.
Adrian
Apr 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
cool
Ricardo
Leilani Silva
Oct 18, 2020 added it
Shelves: leilani
Gemini loves lions and guessed that the lion would win.
Sunrise, Prince  of the Skywings
the books are very educational
Lucy
Jan 08, 2021 added it
Shelves: charlie
school library choice for my son
Emerson and Theodore
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the way this series captures the attention of our little boys. Great animal facts (body weight, tale of the tape, diet, habits, teeth, claws) and then a fictitious fight at the end. The suspense!!
Sandy
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s the ultimate battle, lion and tiger, who will walk away the winner? That is the basis of this children’s nonfiction book. I made a prediction before opening the pages of this slim, colorful, paperback and by the time I finished reading I had learned a few things and I had found that my prediction was wrong according to this book.

Inside this book, the author compares the lion and the tiger side-by-side on each two-page spread. He compares their color, their size, their territory, how and wh

• Rhino vs. Hippo (Who Would Win?)
  • Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds (Captain Underpants, #3)
  • Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets (Captain Underpants, #6)
  • Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4)
  • Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)
  • Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties (Dog Man, #3)
  • I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (I Survived, #9)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (I Survived, #8)
  • Dinotrux: Fall 17 Reader
  • Sheep in a Jeep
  • Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman (Captain Underpants, #5)
  • The Super Side-Quest Test! (Press Start! #6)
  • Nate the Great
  • All Are Welcome
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens (The Bad Guys, #4)
  • The 40-Day Sugar Fast: Where Physical Detox Meets Spiritual Transformation
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to ...more

Who Would Win? (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Alligator vs. Python (Who Would Win?)
  • Hammerhead vs. Bull Shark (Who Would Win?)
  • Komodo Dragon Vs. King Cobra (Who Would Win?)
  • Polar Bear vs. Grizzly Bear (Who Would Win?)
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex Vs. Velociraptor (Who Would Win?)
  • Battle Royale (Who Would Win?)
  • Hornet vs. Wasp (Who Would Win?)
  • Rhino vs. Hippo (Who Would Win?)
  • Alligator vs Python (Who Would Win?)
  • Lobster vs. Crab (Who Would Win?)