Start by marking “Bossy Bear” as Want to Read:
Bossy Bear

Bossy Bear

Bossy Bear is very bossy. He wants everything his way and he wants it NOW! In his picture book debut, the founder of the hugely successful Uglydolls franchise has created an irresistible new children's book character. With bold graphic art and hilarious, simple text, this book will have young readers recognizing -- and laughing at -- their own bossy tendencies.
Published May 1st 2007 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about Bossy Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bossy Bear

Start your review of Bossy Bear
karen
Aug 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
my biography...
Caroline
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very cute and funny - enjoyable for all ages
Kean Soo
Jan 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Needs more Turtle.
Richelle
Aug 17, 2007 rated it it was ok
Bossy Bear. By David Horvath. Hyperion Books for Children, 2007. 32 pages. $12.99 ISBN: 142310336X

2006 Toy of the Year award-winner David Horvath makes his picture book debut with Bossy Bear, a colorful and humorous look at a bear whose To Do List reads, “Do what I want. Take me where I want to go. HURRY UP!” Fans of his Uglydolls will recognize many of the same design elements in his cartoon art illustrations. Throughout most of the book, the reader finds Bossy Bear with his hands on hips, poin
Sebastien
Nov 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I don't agree with the moral of this story. Don't let all the haters bring you down Bossy Bear, sharing is for suckers. Bossiness is what it's all about.
Ashley Allen
Bossy Bear would be a ok (I think there is better books to use) book to use when you notice children in your classroom not sharing or being in control. The students and you can talk about the behavior Bossy Bear has and what behavior they think he needs to change. The conversation can then be geared toward what actions and behaviors are appropriate in the classroom.

shui
Dec 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The first bossy bear book which is about a very bossy bear. Although bossy bear doesn't really change his bossy ways in the end, but he meets a new friend through which we see that Bossy Bear despite his bossiness , Bossy Bear really has a big heart . The characters are so precious and let's face it, we can all be a bossy bear sometimes.
Irina
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: friends, bossy
This book is about a bear who is very bossy and learns that he doesn't have to be that way. This book has very few words with some pages that consist of no words. It is very self explanatory, and children love reading the pictures!
Robina
Sep 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family-reads
while i don't think my toddler quite gets the cautionary tale that is "bossy bear," she does enjoy chanting "ceen my yoom! make my bed!", "gimme ever-thing!" and "bossy bear all alone!" as she turns the pages.
J-Lynn Van Pelt
Bear always tells others what to do until he gets a friend who tells him not to and then is happy.

The illustrations are bright, including a blank page to symbolize when bossy bear loses his friends and is all alone.
Thomas
Feb 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought it was fine/okay but after only one read my kids had memorized the entire story and kept asking questions about, "What's bossy mean?" and, "He took the balloon from the turtle, why?" So Horvath is getting an extra star for being that effective in a short amount of space.
Cara
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Not very good.
Tricia
Jul 01, 2009 rated it liked it
enjoyed more than the 2nd title by this author with the same character. bossy bear is well...bossy and suffers loss of friends because of it---until he finds a friend who accepts him as is.
Aphie
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wryly hilarious. Great for shoring up my beginner reader's confidence, and giving him a challenge or two, as well.
Kate
Aug 31, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: the bossy people in your life
Shelves: picturebooks
Loved it!
Erynn
Feb 13, 2009 added it
Bossy Bear's To Do List: 1. Do what I want 2. Take me where I want to go. 3. HURRY UP!
Sara
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think the pictures in this book are really cute. Plus Bossy Bear is really funny!
Karina
Dec 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Simple story but very profound.
rachel
Jun 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People with dominating friends, turtles.
So cute.
Maggie
Jul 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is about me.
Heather
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorite-kids
This is a book we get for each child from the library when the 'it's mine' stage goes around. Its been helpful for us.
Cat
Nov 07, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
how cute is this book?....and you can download the wallpaper. (thanks for the recommendation, lynette and derek)
Thia
Mar 17, 2009 added it
Shelves: preschool
manners
Marcie
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Choice Literacy
OK, but not my favorite. Perhaps preschoolers and their parents will go for it.
Jen
Aug 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Theo really liked reading this one, and I thought it was fun, too. The simple illustrations and life lessons remind be of Elephant and Piggie, but no quite as good. They are hard to top.
dara
Aug 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
I bought this for my cubcake, because he's a big, bossy baby. :P
Claire
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was alright... I don't really think that Bossy Bear comes out the other side a better bear. Maybe just more aware of his actions/behaviour.
Lrubin
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a fun read! Great for babysitting!
Rosa
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Bossy Bear is bossy and greedy so no one wants to be friends with him (and I can't say I blame them). The illustrations are cutesy and the colors are vibrant.
Eucaris Mercado
rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Say Hello to Zorro!
  • Be Quiet!
  • This Book Just Ate My Dog!
  • The 13 Nights of Halloween
  • If I Had a Dragon
  • How Do You Count a Dozen Ducklings?
  • Click, Clack, Splish, Splash: A Counting Adventure