Start by marking “Long May You Run: all. things. running.” as Want to Read:
Long May You Run: all. things. running.

Long May You Run: all. things. running.

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
You are a runner. You know how hard it is to make time to run. So you go out at 5:30 a.m. . . . in the rain. You remember every strain, sprain, ache, and pain you’ve ever felt. You ran through it then. You’ll run through it now. You have great runs. You have not-so-great runs. You run fast. You run slow. You race for a personal best. You race just for fun. This is your tim ...more
Published October 19th 2010 by Touchstone (first published October 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Long May You Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long May You Run

Feb 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Very basic - perfect for a beginning runner, though there are tips for everyone given that it's a quick read. I liked that each section was only one page - made it easy to stop and start. Would be a great gift for someone just getting into running.
Beth
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: running
I actually have this in hard copy.

Interesting quick read and I think will be a good reference. Of course, I am now thirsting for more similar books.

Gives me something to think about on how to improve my training program. I was disappointed Cooper didn't discuss yoga and running and the benefits of Yoga as a meditative tools as well as enhancing core strength. Never-the-less a book I will be sure to spend an afternoon with on many occasions.
Brian Walker
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: running
Lots of fun facts and suggestions. I think I'll skip the running in the buff, though. A fun topic: You know you're a runner when...you give up running for Lent...you can easily convert kilometers to miles and vise versa...you use "easy run" and "five miles" in the same sentence...you're envious when you see runners on the road and you're driving a car. Enough spoilers. Good read.
Alice O'herin
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
This is not the kind of book that you curl up with like a novel; it's a mish-mash of running quotes, races to try, trivia, and advice. It's not particularly deep or comprehensive, but accomplishes what it sets out to do as a compilation of interesting running-related nuggets of wisdom.

I found it inspiring, informative, and interesting.
Mar 05, 2011 rated it liked it
This book is broken up into several small chapters that focus on nutrition, recommended races to try, great running music and movies, different training strategies, famous runners, etc. The short chapters make it read like a magazine. Fun read full of inspiring quotes.
Doug
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Essentially a pretty lightweight, quick read that was, nonetheless, full of great ideas on places and races to run, books to run, movies to see, etc. Not a hallmark of running literature, but still a lot of fun and tons of great information.
Leonard
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very informative book with concise and pointed information and advice about runnning. In addition to valuable points about actua running, it includes lists of books, movies, shoe information, nutrition, interesting trivia, and personailites all about running.
Shannon Cullifer
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good quick read.
Dana
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
This felt more like a long running magazine article than a book ... I wanted to like it more than I did.
Mary
Dec 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
It was a collection of one- to two-page essays on the topic. I pulled a few ideas and only skipped a 3 or 4 essays.
Mark Yoshida
Dec 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Had some helpful advice and interesting tidbits, but not really a lot of training info.
Regina Hunter
i only liked the website with running goals and few guotes.
Elizabeth
More like a magazine than a book. Very quick read.
Erin
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Suggestions on different things you could do with running such as the different types of races, places to race and other opportunities. It was informative and somewhat interesting.
Paul Martin
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good read.
Laura Hoffman Brauman
Fun, quick bits of info about running -- more like reading a collection of magazine articles, etc -- Enjoyed it.
Missy Porsch
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Missy by: Brooke Porsch
Quick read full of lots of inspiration and information! Useful info for myself and my cross country team. Great reference with lots of sources to find more info.
Danielle
Mar 06, 2012
Jen Amunategui
Aug 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A runner, wine lover, and author of MY BEST RACE and LONG MAY YOU RUN who enjoys continually rearranging the 26 letters of the alphabet
More about Chris Cooper...