Start by marking “Tall Tales of the Catskills” as Want to Read:
Tall Tales of the Catskills

Tall Tales of the Catskills

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  7 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Published 1968 by New York Atheneum

To ask other readers questions about Tall Tales of the Catskills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tall Tales of the Catskills

Walt
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: other
It is difficult to classify this book. I was expecting mythology of the region. However, this is just the tall tales from the imagination of a long-time resident of the Catskills. The stories are absurd, if a little entertaining. Many of the short stories show man conquering nature, which seems a little disingenuous, because nature is usually depicted as antagonistic to man, and needs to be conquered.

The stories begin with the a game of cat and mouse between a young boy and a pack of wolves. Th
Stephen
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
2004 wrote: I used to be mesmorized by these tales as a kid. I found out that I still was, after re-reading it for a speech on folklore for a Communications class.
Kim
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Written by my grandfather, who was a marvelous writer. So glad that people here are finding the book and reading it. I always wished I could meet my Great-great grandfather on that side.
Crystal Bianucci