Start by marking “Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground, #3)

Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground #3)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  1,862 Ratings  ·  162 Reviews
Special Agents for the Department of Diplomatic Security Taylor MacAllister and Will Brandt have been partners forever and lovers for three months, but their new relationship is threatened when Will is offered a plum two-year assignment in Paris.

Will believes the posting only means postponing what they both want. Taylor fears that kind of separation will mean the end of th
Published October 19th 2010 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Blood Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Heat

Baba
3.5 stars. Review posted January 2, 2014

photo oie_zFil73AUrpFs_zps8327f4c9.png
 photo oie_Sq4AE9aHkTGB_zpsjp8zt1ig.gif
 photo oie_w0APTlMqJZoz 1_zpsl2bscuxv.gif

Will and Taylor are in New Mexico, hot on the trail of alleged terrorist Kelila Hedwig. When they catch her, they are in for a little and very inconvenient surprise:

She began to struggle. (view spoiler)
Meags
3.5 Stars

Will and Taylor are slowly growing on me. Now an established couple, I like that they’re still fighting insecurities and trying to reassure each other that they’re all in, regardless of the seemingly insurmountable obstacles being thrown their way.

Once again, I enjoyed the fast-paced, danger-filled mission Will and Taylor found themselves embroiled in. Although, the abrupt ending left me with some questions about what happened to certain players in this particular story; I felt like I m
Ingela
Written September 9, 2014

4 Stars - As a (gay) weekly TV cop-crime show but in the audiobook form instead - Very elegant and nicely done

Book #3

Josh Lanyon is one of my favorite authors and this morning was it time for the third part, Blood Heat in the audiobook Volume #1 - Armed and Dangerous: Four Dangerous Ground Novellas. As a plus also a supremely good narrator (Adrian Bisson). It couldn't but be a fun ride.

The result was...of course..

Yet another fast-paced story-part with funny bantering, ac
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Might contain spoilers?*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Special Agents Taylor MacAllister (32) and William ‘Will’ Brandt (still don't know how old he is...?) are back in a third short story. Their relationship is still new, and things keep coming their way, putting it on the rocks. Will has a difficult decision to make, while Taylor is trying to not break over this decision. There's also a the problem of a pregnant woman they are trying to keep safe while others try to kill her... Overall, it was alright, but s
Trio
Best one of the series yet. I enjoyed the story and the relationship between Will and Taylor is starting to make more sense.

August 2017 re-read - oh man, I totally forgot Taylor shoots Will at the end of this one! So much better the second, third, fourth time around... oh who am I kidding, I love these guys!
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Oh Taylor! There's more in his silences, shrugs, head turnings, etc. than in a thousand words. I felt for Will, who offered his words of love and committment and got almost nothing in return, but I felt more for Taylor, who can come completely apart in his lover's arms and still be incapable of reassuring him.

The emotional part of the story plays on Will's future assignment to Paris and the fact that the two will be apart. I don't know if Will is really convinced that they can work it out. I'm r
Irina

Things are getting tense here.

Will and Taylor's relationship is about to face a serious trial. Would it survive? I guess, I'll find out soon enough.

***3.8 stars***
Kassa
Nov 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Blood Heat is the third book of the series and it does little to advance the characters, the relationship, or any general story arc. This offering is an amusing and entertaining romp as a chance to revisit favorite and familiar characters. That’s not a bad thing per se as the writing is very typical of Lanyon and the characters quite enjoyable to read. However, I’m left wishing the story had contributed something to the characters or even their relationship since if anything these two are headed ...more
Ilhem
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: josh-lanyon, m-m, mystery
3,5 stars but I have the feeling that we're inching toward 4.

This is the 3rd installment in the Dangerous Ground series and I liked it better than the previous ones. Will and Taylor are probably growing on me but I also liked the humor brought by their interactions with Kelila and the intrigue was neat even if it was fast in its resolution.
I liked that the problem raised by a lover/partner relationship was a strong element of the story and most of all, I liked the subtile shivers of angst. At la
Natasha
SPOILERS EVERYWHERE BUT MOSTLY HERE IN THIS REVIEW.

So in this book they’re protecting Harry Potter’s pregnant owl from some bro’s that wanna shoot her. They decide to capture her, while basically out of their jurisdiction, and then take her back to the bossman themselves. Foolproof right? Wrong. Because everyone wants this little chica dead. Through this book they’re struggling because Will wants to take a promotion with a minimum of two years working in Paris, oh-lala. Classic William. It’s tea
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • L.A. Boneyard (L.A., #3)
  • His For The Holidays
  • Nine Lights Over Edinburgh
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • 72 Hours
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
Bestselling author of over sixty titles of classic Male/Male fiction featuring twisty mystery, kickass adventure and unapologetic man-on-man romance, JOSH LANYON has been called "arguably the single most influential voice in m/m romance today." Granted, that was yesterday.

Today Josh's work has been translated into nine languages. The FBI thriller Fair Game was the first male/male title to be publi
More about Josh Lanyon...

Dangerous Ground (6 books)
  • Dangerous Ground (Dangerous Ground, #1)
  • Old Poison (Dangerous Ground, #2)
  • Dead Run (Dangerous Ground, #4)
  • Kick Start (Dangerous Ground, #5)
  • Blind Side (Dangerous Grounds, #6)
“She didn‟t look like the athletic type to me.”

“Maybe Nemov carried her. He looked like he could.”

“He looked like he could carry his SUV. I don‟t know why he didn‟t.”
8 likes
“The night was fading. It was too early to be called dawn yet, but Taylor could just make out the outline of Will's weary, unshaven face. His deep blue eyes were the only color in the gray world of rain and shadows.
Will leaned in, and his mouth covered Taylor's, rough but sweet, his tongue seeking Taylor's. Taylor opened willingly to that kiss, forgetting for a second his scratched, scraped hands and the rain running down the back of his neck. They kissed a lot these days, especially for men who had never been much for kissing. Taylor had become expert in all Will's kisses, from the hungry, lustful kisses that always made his own cock rise so fast it hurt, to the tender, almost cherishing kisses that Will generally saved for when he thought Taylor was sleeping. That dawn kiss beneath the pine trees rippled through him like an electric shock, a reminder that, tired, wet, and lost as they might be, so long as they were together, they were all right.”
4 likes