Start by marking “Mad about Us: Moving from Anger to Intimacy with Your Spouse” as Want to Read:
Mad about Us: Moving from Anger to Intimacy with Your Spouse

Mad about Us: Moving from Anger to Intimacy with Your Spouse

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Practical steps couples can take to turn mad at you back to mad in love with you from a nationally recognized couple.
Published October 1st 2007 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Mad about Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mad about Us

Aubrey
Aug 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this on the bargain shelf at the local "Christian" bookstore. I try to look ahead for possible people I may see in a counseling setting, and I know marriage is always an issue. I also know how important it is for me personally in my marriage.
The authors also discuss anger in a general sense, and I learned a lot about anger management (another important topic)
Some of the quotes I recorded in my quote book:

"Dr. John Gottman found that the number one predictor of a couple on the road of d
IrenesBookReviews
Every married couple needs to read this book! Every engaged couple should read this book! The authors help you understand your differences in a positive light. As you read this book you may find examples that remind you of a recent argument with your loved one. There are many examples and these are discussed in an open and caring manner.

Both men and women will enjoy the steps to help with anger. Is it true that spiritual people don’t get angry or is that a myth? In the chapter titled The Myths o
Sean Seay
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: family
This is a really good book. Probably 4.5 stars for me. It's a fresh perspective on anger & how to make it work for you rather than against you in marriage. This book is highly practical. There are several really good exercises that are worth trying out.
Whether you think anger is a significant emotion in your marriage or not, this is worth reading bc it will show you some aspects of anger you probably didn't consider were there. It will also help you better understand your spouse.
Lindon Gareis
I purchased this book after meeting the author Gary Oliver at the 2012 ICCA conference on Branson Mo.
The author is an extremely humble, likable and intelligent man who truly loves serving the Lord and people through his counseling, writing, and teaching. This is a must read for anyone that is counseling or coaching couples. Lindon
Glenn Crouch
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Maybe it's a cultural thing, and the book doesn't translate well into my experience as a Pastor in Australia - but I found that this book seemed to trivialise things and I often felt like I was being insulted for being too much of a "cream puff" (author's words).

Whilst it does make many good points, I'm not sure how helpful it would be too hurting people.
Jul 10, 2012 marked it as to-read
This is the best book, probably the only book, I have read on anger. Super insightful. I don't agree with all the Christian applications, but the general ideas are worthwhile.
John
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found the descriptions of different anger responses interesting and helpful.
Bethany
Autumn
Sep 18, 2016
Richard Monyer
Sep 18, 2014
“SMALL BEGINNINGS 1. Identify the disappointments of the ‘‘ever after’’ in your marriage. What were your expectations when you got married? 2. What are some differences that seem to plague your relationship? Are there differences that you enjoy? 3. What are some of the issues in your marriage that you hide from or have decided not to address? 4. Do you tend to blame your spouse for the problems in your marriage? 5. How much is Jesus allowed into your relationship? How can you begin to change the level at which He makes a difference? 6. How can you become a better soul mate?” 0 likes