Start by marking “The Legend of Lady Maclaoch” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Lady Maclaoch

The Legend of Lady Maclaoch

A legendary love, an unforgiving curse, and the discovery of a lifetime ...
Centuries ago a vengeful curse buried itself deep into the history of the MacLaoch clan and become a legendary tale told by all those not cursed by its words.

In present-day Scotland, the laird and chieftain of the MacLaoch clan is an ex-Royal Air Force fighter pilot who has been past the gates of he
Published May 27th 2011 by Ha'iku Press (first published May 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Lady Maclaoch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Lady Maclaoch

Start your review of The Legend of Lady Maclaoch
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)

Untitled design-High-Quality
My Review

This one wasn’t really my thing on paper it had everything I usually like it just didn’t work for me at all.
The concept itself was interesting and it wasn’t badly written I just felt detached throughout and Couldn’t connect.

The main character American Nicole Baker who goes by Cole finds herself researching deeper into her family linage after her grandfather's death.
This journey brings her to Scotland and the Maclaoch family seat where she discovers the ancient legends and family curse that conne
Farshana ❤️rainnbooks❤️
Many Thanks to Book Sirens and the author for a chance to read and review this book. All opinions are expressed voluntarily.

Becky Banks, if these are the kind of stories that you have been writing, then I am gonna buy every one of your work and keep it on my shelf.

I am at a loss of words to describe this delightful romance based in Scotland. As it is, anything to do with Scotland and I’m a goner. There’s something so magical about the place that always fascinates me.

The Legend of Lady MacLaoch
Neda
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, arc
I read a free copy given to me through Book Siren in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this story. This is the first book that has kept awake until the early hours of the morning in a long time. The Night Owl Award is well deserved. And, it’s the first book I have read in a while that I would pick up again if I had nothing else to read. Overall, probably my favorite read of the year so far. But, I do have some complaints:
1. Pacing: Some chapters were short; and some were long, whic
Natasha
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was sent this novel to review by the author and boy am I thrilled I'm part of this tour. I started out this novel thinking it would be a good, light read and yes it was, but I never imagined how good it would be. The first few chapters were great to open up but I really got gripped when Cole landed in Scotland.

I love all things Scottish. The scenery is breath taking, the culture is fun and interesting and their accents are to die for. Whenever I read a book based in Scotland, I know I'm in fo
Alexia Chantel
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
As an American raised in the twentieth century we do not have the same veneration other cultures hold for curses and old tales. So if we were slapped in the face with one forcing us to believe we might handle it the same way Cole (Nicole) does; throw caution to the wind and follow the heart because the mind has no clue what to do.

Cole embarks on a seemingly normal trip to discover more about her ancestors. Little does she expect to get wrapped up in an ancient curse and in the arms of a handsom
Jade aka MrsTosh
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by BookSirens in exchange for an honest review.

I will admit first off that I a sucker for a highlander, so whenever I see anything like this book advertised I want to read it. After looking at the previous reviews on Goodreads I was excited to receive my copy.

A legendary love, an unforgiving curse, and the discovery of a lifetime ...

I love the cover, it does kind of suit the mood of the book you think you are going to read, however going in I was surprised to find the book
Brenda Lee
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I love this book..I didn't want to put it down.but I have to work.this is a page turner for sure.Will read many times.
Karielle at Books à la Mode
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog
The Legend of Lady MacLaoch by Becky Banks
Release Date: May 23rd, 2011
Publisher: Ha'iku
Page Count: 249
Source: From author, via Romancing the Book, for review as part of the Becky Banks blog tour

A legendary love, an unforgiving curse, and the discovery of a lifetime.

Centuries ago, a vengeful curse buried itself deep into the history of the MacLaoch clan and become a legendary tale told by all those not cursed by its words.

In present-day Scotland, the laird and chieftain of the MacLaoch clan is an
Romancing the Book
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Reviewed By: Stephanie G
Review Copy Provided By: Author on Blog Tour
Cole Baker has always been proud to be Cole Baker -- all-American, no-nonsense, overly frisky Cole Baker. It isn't until one Christmas evening when her grandfather breaks news that her name isn't Cole Baker at all. She's actually Cole Minary, and is introduced a Scottish surname she's never even encountered in her life. Curiosity and a hard head have Cole setting out on a quest to find about her bloodlines, but she discovers mor
Amy
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, signed
I want to go to Scotland and fall in love with someone exactly like Rowan!

Okay. Okay. I know, I'm not into cheesy romance novels. AT. ALL. However, this is not your ordinary cheesy novel. Becky Banks has conjured up a story so real and true that it's almost tangible. I can taste the Whisky in my mouth and feel the cool rain as it dances from the sky.
Banks has given us characters that jump right into our imagination. I've seen them, spent the day with them and even went with them exploring down
Syndey
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, signed
I want to go to Scotland and fall in love with someone exactly like Rowan!

Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all my friends
A Legendary love and a Scottish curse what more could you want from a book?

Oh I know...A hot Scottish man lol...Oh that's right that's defiantly in this book too!

Becky Banks, intertwines a great love story around an old curse that chokes the clan it is put upon! The only thing to break this curse is for the clan to feel the pain Lady MacLaoch felt. But what lengths will people go to break this legendary curse?

This wonderful book is written with such detail that it feels as if you are actually i
Lisa
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Cole Baker is a spunky American graduate with a passion for her family's past. In studying her ancestry she discovers a link to a Scottish clan with a strange history. Unable to sate her curiosity where myth and legends cross with reality she hops a plane overseas determined to find her family's roots.

Rowan MacLaoch is the modern day laird of the clan linked to the bizarre story that Cole uncovers of ancient star-crossed lovers. Curses should be a thing of fairy tales but Rowan's people have a
Dezra
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
There's a reason I don't read romance novels. Ugh. All the characters in this novel were flat. The nemeses were over-the-top psychos and the enmity was rather lame in comparison. I didn't think Cole was a strong woman (just because she can beat the hell out of someone doesn't make her strong). She was irritating. I think the worst injustice to the reader, though, was to switch to Rowan's point of view. It made him less interesting. The reader could have discovered his past and what he was feelin ...more
Linda
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! This book had elements that never fail to grab me.

1. An ancient curse
2. Takes place in Scotkand
3. Hunky Clan Cheiftan
4. Strong heroine

Nicole Baker an American travel to Glentree Scotland on the isle of Skye to research a family backound that she never knew about I'll the previous Christmas.
Her research into her family origin brings her into contact with Clan Cheiftan Rowan MacLoach one of the many Clan Cheiftans to be living under a long lived curse.
And Nicole may just be the o
Dawn
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I love books about Scotland! I enjoyed the basic storyline in this book. It has legends with lost love and curses. It has castles with a handsome chieftain. This could have been a favorite of mine except for a few things. There is very rough unnecessary language the pops out and surprises you because it is so out of place. The heroine in the book has some very immature moments that makes me think she is not so worthy of the chieftain. It makes you feel sorry for him that he is going to end up wi ...more
Annie
Oct 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Updated: Read the final edition of the now published novel. Loved the changes and tweaking (even if we don't notice Rowan's butt) Loved it, great combo of romance, myth, and thrills. The ,yth is beleivable for people who love paranormal and realistic for those that can't stand the paranormal as it is a science based explanation, mostly... The plot is such that I want to be in Scottland as the lead heroine...

Currently unpublished asI add this but loved the chemistry with the main characters, I wp
Cheri
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of Scottish romances
This is one of those books that I just adore diving into. It's got everything I like: an exotic locale, a kick-butt heroine, a historical element (a delicious and ancient curse), a Scottish hottie, and even a fancy dress party. Sweet! I spent the better part of three hours last night reading it to the end (even though I had piles of work to do *pout*). But I had to find out how it would all turn out, so I skipped dinner and my workout and read right in front of the fireplace. Ahhh...Highly recom ...more
Liza
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a little bit of everything…romance, mystery, violence, sci-fi, humor. The story took place in Scotland, involving a legendary curse linking the main characters in present day. The author did a great job at making the Scottish dialect enjoyable to read and the story more authentic. Plus I love a good accent ;-) Excellent characterization and a great writing style. I really enjoyed it!
Janey Herrera
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you always wanted to go to Scotland, this book will transport you there. Be prepared to read this book in one sitting - you definitely won't want to put it down. In fact, just a few months later, I am ready to read this again. The characters come alive and by the wonderful descriptions, you feel like you know them and what they look like. Can't wait for the sequel (s). Good job Becky - Proud of you!
Diane Banks
May 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, loved it. Nice combination of history, romance and mystery. There was enough to satisfy a wide range of readers. I love the details like blowing moss off rocks to leave a trail for the hysterical lover or rattling off scientific names by the heroine to show she doesn't mind being known as intelligent. Good job now where's the other books?
Toby Neal
May 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Totally enjoyed this paranormal/historical romance set in Scotland ( who doesn't love a laird in kilts with a war wound?)I gobbled it up in two days. A curse, a legend, a fated love thwarted by sleazy sidekicks, oddball scientists and bad Scottish weather... adds up to a rollicking escape read that once again makes Scotland a favorite imaginary destination.
Mary Lou
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fun book that a read completely because it was written by the wife of one of family friend. It ended up being a quick, fun, read ( a must in my house of small children - I don't have a lot of free time). The language was worse then I like, and there was a bedroom scene & and not quite to the bedroom scene but if you don't mind those it was a great story. ...more
Ayn Generes
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great story! One of those books that is hard to put down until you are finished and then you are sad when it is over. Love the strong female main character. This novel has a little bit of everything - romance, intrigue, good vs evil, curses and mystery.
Deb Novack
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book had a little bit of everything romance,hate,paranormal,mystery and handsome men. When I started reading this book I found that I could not put it down, I wanted to just keep reading. The plot had some twists that I did not really expect but I truly enjoyed this book.
Briana
Dec 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Definitely a fun read by a great new author! It took me by surprise when I got hooked and couldn't put it down! Becky Banks does a great job making the Scottish dialect easy to read so that you're right there listening to all the delectable things coming out of a hot scotsman's mouth. :)
Kate
May 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great beach or vacation book! Entertaining and engaging, and easy to put down and pick back up right where you left off.
Vickie
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Romance and mystery at it's best. Old world curses roll into the modern world for the characters to sort out and overcome. Can't wait for Becky Banks to write another book!
Terri M.
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as deep of storyline as Gabaldon's Outlander series, but a good quick fix if you are missing Scotland and a strong-willed couple in love.
Corinne
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Brought this along for one of my summer beach reads,and enjoyed it very much. Can't wait to see what Ms. Banks has in store for us next.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Baron and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses #3)
  • The Earl and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses, #1)
  • Summer with the Marine
  • Tru Blue (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #1)
  • Doors Of Gold And Rust (Byrne House, Book 2)
  • Bedhead
  • Fix Her Up (The Fix, #1)
  • In the Arms of a Stranger
  • Baking Bree
  • A Good Marriage
  • The Long Call (Two Rivers, #1)
  • Robin's Blue
  • Clay's Hope (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #1)
  • In the Shadow of Vesuvius (Lady Emily #14)
  • Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six #1)
  • The MacInnes Affair
Becky Banks grew up, like the generations of Bankses before her, in the Hawaiian Islands. With the Islands as her roots, Becky was raised within the time-honored tradition of “talking story” amid a backdrop of grassy fields, blue waters, and cloud-clad mountains. She moved to the mainland after high school to attend Oregon State University, where she studied forestry, natural resources, and scienc ...more