Start by marking “Christmas with a Vampire” as Want to Read:

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  225 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews

Mass Market Paperback, 537 pages
Published 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas with a Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas with a Vampire

Dec 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: merline-lovelace
Merline Lovelace's A CHRISTMAS KISS was a solid little vampire novella. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing out of norm, just a straightforward little story of a Oklahoma Stat Trooper falling for a female vampire despite her strange lisp due to her recent trip to the dentist. ;)

Lori Devoti's THE VAMPIRE WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS was the strongest story of the bunch, still toward the end it slipped and didn't regain its balance. There was just something annoying about an "angel" trying to reform a vam
Ashley Gooding
Nov 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Christmas with a Vampire

Description: ( Prepare for an exhilarating journey across the boundary of death into a shadowy, daring new world. As darkness falls on another year, five fanged rebels are ready to celebrate like never before.

It's a time for bloodlust and stolen kisses, for clandestine bites and forming new bonds beneath the mistletoe. Succumb to the forbidden as these powerful vampires give you a Christmas you'll never forget….

From My Point of View: Christmas with a Vampire is an
Dec 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is an anthology of five different stories by five different authors about vampires and love. Each one was different and each one was either good or bad.

A Christmas Kiss by Merline Lovelace was the first story in the collection. Overall it was an okay story, but it had some problems.
First of all, the characters were a bit unbelievable. I didn't feel connected to either of the main characters. Brett, the officer, seemed to be less of the rough and tough character I believe he was meant to be
Nov 17, 2010 rated it liked it
In A Christmas Kiss, Delilah Wentworth never expected that an unfortunate fang-chipping accident would completely change her life. On the way to a mandatory meeting of her conclave, she finds herself lost and alone in Oklahoma,... until she meets Brett, a state trooper with baggage of his own. Neither one would have foreseen the changes that their chance meeting would mean for their lives.

The novel opened with humor after Brett comes upon Delilah, stumbling about the road in the snow, seemingly
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My thoughts:
This was a great read! I enjoyed each story very much. I found myself falling in love with the characters from the start of each new story. I kept thinking, "Oooh, this one is my favorite!" and then I would turn to the next one, fall in love with those characters and think that about that again.
I love vampire stories but had never read anything by any of these authors so I was excited to read "new to me" authors. (I am still trying to decide who I think is on the cover). Each short
Dec 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, vampires
I quite enjoyed 'A Christmas Kiss.' I thought it was sweet that they helped out the young family, though the ending was quite predictable. Delilah was a strong character and very entertaining. 'The Vampire Who Stole Christmas' didn't really interest me. There wasn't much of a story, and all the characters were self absorbed and dull. It also had nothing to do with Christmas... at all. Past of me wishes 'Sundown' was a full book. The plot was very solid, and the story had a lot of substance. I fo ...more
This rating is only for the vampire Who Stole Christmas. The plot of this short had quite a bit of potential but overall ended up being rather lackluster as a whole. The heroine is almost too much of a good thing...too good it comes off as a little annoying rather than super sweet. The hero is a basket case. He has tons of issues and is super broody but not in a hot way so much as im a sociopath and will kill my enemies kind of thing. The romance was rushed and underdeveloped and the sex scenes ...more
I only read the Lori Devoti and Linda Winstead Jones story. They were ok, nothing spectacular, but entertaining.
Dec 07, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a fun group of short stories, just right for this time of year.
Sep 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Really liked the one by Merline Lovelace, the rest were just ok.
nice anthology of PNR
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm almost embarassed that I bought this.

Jan 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not much to say about this one really. I didn't even finish it, to be honest - I found it was too much sex and not enough story. Just seemed like pointless smut to me.
Lee-anne Mager
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun read
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
festive based vampire sex stories, often featuring cops as well. yes I KNOW. Available at amazon, probably very cheaply now xmas is over ;)
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: misc-christmas
This book is a reprint of Holiday with a Vampire 2 and 3. It was delightful, but I'd read it already. =\
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it
not normally some thing that i would read but i enjoyed it but not something i would read again
Yanette Mantro
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Pretty ok short stories....something to pass the time while you have your ipod at work and down time but have to be discreet about it!!!!!!
Dec 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires, christmas
Wasn't too impressed with the writing in these stories. Half of the stories weren't really Christmas stories either, only mentitionning in passing that it was Christmas.
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Steamy collection of vampire love stories!!!
M (aka DarkBeauty73)
Mar 17, 2014 marked it as to-read
Read the short story Nothing says Christmas with a vampire, great story, I predicted the ending but it still kept me reading to see how they finally got there.
Sep 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Kiss- Merline Lovelace 9/6/2010

The Vampire who Stole Christmas- Lori Devoti
Carol Weldon
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Vanak story - vampire & werewolf, morphs, Adrian & Sarah.
Sharre Jones
Dec 08, 2010 marked it as to-read
need to read!!!
Dawn Lombardi
Mar 22, 2011
Mar 31, 2012
Jan 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (The Calling #6.5)
  • Christmas Getaway
  • Holiday with a Vampire III (Secret Vampire Society #2)
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • The Naughty List
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Winter's Desire
  • Deck the Halls
  • These Boots Were Made for Strutting: And Stunning and Knocking 'em Dead
  • Forbidden Passion
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • A Haunted Twist Of Fate
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Under the Mistletoe (Spencer-Nyle Co, #2.5)
  • The Widow of Saunders Creek
After a 23-year AF career, Colonel Merline Lovelace launched a second career as a writer, basing many of her tales on her own experiences in uniform and on her travels all around the globe.

The USA Today best-selling author now has more than 11 million copies of her books in print. Her works have won numerous awards, including the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA. Merline is especially
More about Merline Lovelace...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)