Start by marking “Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 2

Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 2

(Death Note: Black Edition #2)

Killer 2-for-1 value on the hit thriller Death Note!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for audiences T+. Contains Volumes 3 and 4 of Death Note!

Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and hes bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook
Published March 1st 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Death Note, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Note

Start your review of Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 2
Caz (littlebookowl)
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
4.5/5 stars!
Things are getting insane, and I LOVE IT! I have no clue where this story is going to go, and I can't wait to see where it takes me :)
Raeleen Lemay
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, graphicomanga
*4.5*

I liked this one a BIT less than the first one, but I still loved it. On to the next volume!
Chloe
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2018-reads
THIS SERIES IS JUST SO SO GOOD AND MESSES WITH MY FEELINGS
Amelia
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, manga
Manga is so easy and quick to read!

I'm really enjoying reading this series after watching the anime a few times.
Giovanna
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Final rating: 3.5/3.75 stars

I think I liked it less than volume 1. I mean, Light and L's rivarly is really pure gold, but this one has some flaws.

First: it's sexist. Yes, even volume 1 was, but in this case we reached whole new levels. In my review of Vol.1 - which contains the first 2 volumes actually - I complained because there wasn't a good female character. Nor an important one. Well, it seems like my wish was answered and destroyed at the same time. Misa is the silliest character ever. All
Maria
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When L said that he hoped Light wasnt Kira because Light was his friend... I dont remember feeling this shitty when I watched this scene in the anime. 😩 The tension is so strong in this series, it keeps me on the edge of my seat the whole time. So good. ...more
Lauren
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah, what can I say?

Actually, I have quite a bit to say...just not right now but I will say...this is AMAZING. The cat and mouse dichotomy is nail-biting and oh so tense. I love it!

More to come
Harley
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-and-4-5-stars
4.5 Stars.
This was dark and tense and I am left craving the third volume! Most definitely better than the first and I can only hope that after this cliffhanger, it gets better.
Sonja ✧・゚。★*☾
⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 / 5
"I've never once considered finding that notebook and gaining this power a misfortune. In fact, it's made me happier than I've ever been. And I'm going to create a perfect world."
Death Note is a rollercoaster ride. Seeing as the foundations for the story's world had already been made in the first volume, in the second volume many complex details and properties of the Death Note and the Shinigami are brought to light (there's a very intentional pun in here :p).

Death Note: Black
Cori Reed
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Didn't love it quite as much as the first volume, but still super entertaining. Can't wait for volume 3!
Nerdish Mum
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Oh how I love these books and this story. The logic gets more and more twisted and convoluted but I just think its so funny. These two "boys" (Light and L) making things more and more complicated for no other reason than their own weird logic. Things certainly get moving a lot more in this volume and again the anime has pretty much followed word for word, which I think is great. I look forward to continuing with the series.
Katherine
EPIC

The battle of intelligence just exploded between Light and L and I find myself in dire need of the third book.

I can't believe I have to order for it and wait for how many months to read it.

Tsugumi Ohba introduces more characters in the story, saving it from getting stale and pages just fly.

Misa is kind of your typical girl manga with her energy and boy obsessions and bad ass "devil may care" attitude. I can see why some would be annoyed but in favor of enjoying the concept and story the
Joss
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
September 2013: 5 Stars
The plot thickens! Although the introduction of a new villain is an old trick in the manga world, Misa is so different a villain that we can't help but wonder about her. And her relationship with Rem is bizarrely intimate compared to the bond between Light and Ryuk.
Is it bad that I found Light's manipulation of Misa... kind of cool? I know! I know! It's a horrible thing to do to a girl, but it's so true to his character, that I couldn't help but admire it.
That's one thing
Ashrakat Deyab
description

Also this part hurt a little.
description

It's not your fault your first friend is a manipulative murdering asshole babe. Hold on there.
Agnė
3.5 out of 5
The story is as good as in the previous volume, but the sexist portrayal of female characters bothered me a little.
Destiny (bibbles 'n' babbles)
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, own
★★★★★ / 5 out of 5

description

Under the pressure of sixty-four surveillance cameras and all-hearing wiretaps, Light Yagami manages to function as Kira without being uncovered, forcing his investigators to remove the equipment after a week without leads.

But L isnt done with Lightor his suspicion of guiltyet. When the enigmatic detective enrolls at Lights school for the deliberate purpose of getting close to him, the would-be god finds himself treading on dangerous ground. Even worse, L reveals his identity
⠀annie⠀✧*ೃ༄
⠀⠀✧ ° . ◦ *⠀┊ three and a half stars.

⠀i hate doing this but damn... i cant give it a four star rating. i really want to. i feel like this could be a four / five star series. this volume just wasnt it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ you cant ever win if youre
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ always on the defensive. to
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ win, you have to attack.

things i really enjoyed:

❥ ┊the premise.
⠀⠀⠀⠀as seen in the last review, i love the premise. this deserves to be noted especially since we continue to discover more about the death note & its
Ola Magick
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how the complexity of this story, characters and their backstory get more and more intense... and a bit too fucked up but still fun and overall the themes of this series are genius
Alissa
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aaaahhhh that ending!! Damn those cliffhangers!
Regitze
Full review is up on Bookish Love Affair.
Every time I look away, this story takes another twist or turn. I quite liked the whole friendship thing between Light and Ruyzaki, and Misa seems to be kinda stupid but I can't help but love her. I'm glad I have the next bind up coming in the mail, because this one ended in a way I did not see coming at all and I really want to know what happens next.
Elin (Tickmicks bokblogg)
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars.
Chloe
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just a quick warning to say that this review may contains spoilers for Death Note: Volume 1!

I absolutely loved Death Note Volume 1, so much so that it might even have been my favourite read of 2016 (or at least tied with Six Of Crows). So before I moved on to start another manga series, I thought I would continue with Death Note. However, although I enjoyed this volume I did not like it as much as the first one.

The plot was much like the plot for the first volume, following Light in his quest to
Christina (GoodGirlKills)
I adored the first Death Note. It was so intriguing and imaginative. This Volume on the other hand, dragged a little bit for my taste. The whole back and forth about being Kira between Light and L was exhausting. It got boring pretty quickly. It also took me out of the story and made me put the book down a lot. I do hope this will stop in the next volume because other than that the story was amazing and I can't wait to see where it will go.
Josephine
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
5 stars.

OH MY GOD

Holy crap. This was absolutely amazing. God I'm squealing like a child.

Sorry, excuse my fangirling, but this just had me shook.

It's safe to say that when I started reading this I would never have guessed where the storyline would go. And just like with the last volume I've no idea how there could possibly be four more bind-ups to go through before I reach the conclusion.

The plot is so clever. There are so many twists and turns and you keep going in directions you hadn't
Mel
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These are just so amazing. They keep getting better and better!!

Around The Year in 52 Books Challenge #2 - A book set in a different continent
Lizor
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get into this and remember what had happened in the previous volume, but in the end, I really did enjoy this again, maybe even more than the first one. However, I wish the only girl in this book wasn't all dependant of the Main Characters and well kind of stupid. I don't mind if there are characters like that in a book, but she is basically the only girl of importance and she doesn't really have a lot of self-respect. Besides that, I liked this volume and the way the two ...more
JD Estrada
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just when you think the series will hit a snag and stop surprising you, bam, plot twist. And not a lame plot twist but a good one. As we get deeper into the story of Death Note, it's very possible you'll like Light less and Ryuga more. At least that was the case for me, and truly some interesting plot twists on several occasions. In addition, unlike the first volume, I don't feel anyone got disposed of too easily or quickly.

If you liked the first installment of Death Note, there's a LOT to like
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this series. It just gets more and more in-depth, so much to think about
skylar
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, manga
*3.75 stars

This collection was not as strong as the first one. Some interesting elements were introduced, but all in all, I wasn't to impressed. I am excited to pick up the next volume as soon as I can!
Svetlana Chernega
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Still good, but I like it less than the first volume.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1 (Orange: The Complete Collection, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 2
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 2 [Tokyo Guru 2] (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 3 [Tokyo Guru 3] (Tokyo Ghoul, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 4 [Tokyo Guru 4] (Tokyo Ghoul, #4)
  • 暗殺教室 1 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 1] (Assassination Classroom, #1)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 8: Open Your Eyes!! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #8)
  • Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 5 [Tokyo Guru 5] (Tokyo Ghoul, #5)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 6 [Tokyo Guru 6] (Tokyo Ghoul, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 6: The Dark Tournament (Yu Yu Hakusho, #6)
Tsugumi Ōba (Profile in Japanese: 大場 つぐみ), born in Tokyo, Japan, is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His/her real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ōba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is

Death Note: Black Edition (6 books)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 1