Start by marking “Lunatics and Luck (The Raven Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lunatics and Luck (The Raven Mysteries, #3)

Lunatics and Luck (The Raven Mysteries #3)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Join the wonderfully weird Otherhand family and their faithful guardian, Edgar the raven, and discover the dark secrets of Castle Otherhand. Solstice and Cudweed are appalled to find their father has appointed a new school master. But things get even worse when the grumpy, viciously mean teacher actually arrives. The Otherhand children are sure there's something more to hi ...more
Published March 3rd 2011 by Orion Children's Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lunatics and Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunatics and Luck

Robert
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Edgar is back and in fine fettle...for his age, which is more than considerable. The Guardian of Otherhand Castle is alarmed when kitchen maids start dying in extremely unlikely ways and an extremely hairy tutor arrives to bore the two older children of the household with such things as geography homework.

Matters get ever stranger, what with coins coming to rest on their edges and a certain sticky monkey ceasing to harass all and sundry...so not everything is going badly, but still, there is a M
M. Jones
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
P.G. Wodehouse meets the Addams Family. And if you don't think that sounds brilliant, you have my sympathy. And yes, you have to wait but (view spoiler)
Zayneea
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not sure I liked this one as much as the first 2, but it was still a fun read which I enjoyed.

- - - - -

Here are some quotes from the book which sort of tell you whats it's about without actually giving too much away...

"Lunatics! I thought.
Lunatics and luck! A twin curse upon Castle Otherhand!"

"Luck of Otherhand was a single solitaire diamond the size of a good raven's head at least, but which, despite its obvious and enormous value, was cursed."

"'I don't get it,' said Cudweed. 'None of that make
Lezz Zeppelin
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autumthon
Las cronicas de Edgar el cuervo son una de mis series de corte infantil-adolescente que más amo, por las referencias que hace a Poe y porque es como recordar los tv show de La familia Monster una familia oscura un tanto gótica con costumbres extrañas pero es divertida y entretenida y su vida esta sumergida en eventos y sucesos misteriosos que auque caoticos le dan esta emoción a su vida.

Me gusta mucho por los elemntos de terror-cómico que tiene este ambiente oscuro que envuelve todo y sobre todo
Jenni
This time the foucs is on a "fake-werewulf" and a "cursed diamond". As the 2 former books, it's still the maidens who suffers from the death, and I still dislike the attitude from the absent parents.
Solstice and Edgar are just growing on me with each book and for me, their relationship is the highlight. I don't know why, but maybe because of the author's description of Fellah (a money), it seems like he dislike monkeys in real life :o
Natasha
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
There's all kinds of strange goings on in Castle Otherhand, even stranger than usual, there's mysterious deliveries of square footballs, Fellah the monkey wears a dress, and a very hairy school teacher turns up just as Lord Otherhand is about to advertise for one.
Katie
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
- very strange and peculiar
- funny and weird
- enjoyable
- full of mystery and wonder

Very nice pictures good to read to children or let them read alone
very strange book about a kind of 'nightmare before christmas' feel to it.
Josette
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable, no matter how young you are :)
Taranpreet
I got bored at the start but then it was OK.
Sara
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the book and the other ones I have to finish the three other ones
PWRL
Sep 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Emma
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why but I just looove this series even if it's not the best in some way.
Chloe Clik
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-gems
Very young for a 18 year old to read I know but I'll just say I was reviewing it for the younger generation. Nah, actually I'll confess, I really enjoyed it, especially the illustrations.
Rebekah Zammit Munro
it was a great book especially because there where so many pictures and interesting words
Thomas Watson
Nov 04, 2016
Maša Brglez
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Marcus Sedgwick was born in Kent, England. Marcus is a British author and illustrator as well as a musician. He is the author of several books, including Witch Hill and The Book of Dead Days, both of which were nominated for the Edgar Allan Poe Award. The most recent of these nominations rekindled a fascination with Poe that has borne fruit here in (in The Restless Dead, 2007) the form of "The Hea ...more
More about Marcus Sedgwick...

The Raven Mysteries (6 books)
  • Flood and Fang (The Raven Mysteries, #1)
  • Ghosts and Gadgets (The Raven Mysteries #2)
  • Vampires and Volts (The Raven Mysteries, #4)
  • Magic and Mayhem (The Raven Mysteries #5)
  • Diamonds and Doom (The Raven Mysteries, #6)