Start by marking “Breaking Down (Papercutz Slices, #2)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Down (Papercutz Slices, #2)

Breaking Down (Papercutz Slices #2)

2.92  ·  Rating details ·  173 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews

The fourth “Twilight Saga” film gets sliced up in this unauthorized parody of the blockbuster book and movie series! For fans sick of shiny vampires and wonky werewolves, here’s an hilarious antidote.

Published March 29th 2011 by Papercutz

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Down

Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)
In Papercutz Slices #2: Breaking Down crude has never looked worse. I did not like anything about this cheap piece of literature sorry can't call it that and in fact it kind of made me mad. Is this the way people feel is right to earn money? By slapping on some shoddily drawn characters into a parse story-line and market it out to the young public?

I say young because who else would pick up a book like this but teens who want to laugh a little at Breaking Dawn/Twilight? Unless you're like me of c
Monster
If you know anything about the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, then you know it is massively popular, but there are vastly divergent opinions of the series. Personally, I’ve never read them and have no desire to.
For those who haven’t read the Twilight series or seen the movies, I’ll give a brief rundown. Bella moves to Forks, Oregon to live with her dad. She meets Edward, who is a sparkly brooding vampire. They fall in love. There are the obvious complications and their relationship has its
San Frazier
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I laughed so hard. and what is up with the light socket. I am a big spoof girl so just about anything that makes fun of stuff i really love i tend give it a chance. I think that I liked that harry potty one better but this was still quite funny. So i think that if you want a good laugh as all of us die hard series fans need ( you as we really need to lighting up a bit because you know us being crazy and all) check it out I think it was worth it.
Merary
Oct 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Not only does it parodies the Twilight series, it also parodies other vampires in TV shows and books.
Bella is portrayed as Bleh-Bleh a "buzz" addict. Edward is Fredward a sparking, wimpy vampire. And Jacob is portrayed as J-Bob.
It wasn't funny, but at least it wasn't boring.
I'm still in need of a good parody.
Micheala Beth George
Jan 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
Don't waste your time.
When I saw this Twilight Parody I, of course, thought it would be funny... I can honestly say I didn't laugh once. The artwork was horrible, and what little bit of an actual story there was sucked. (No pun intended.)

I can usually find at least a couple of things about a book that I like but with this one... I just can't think of anything that I liked.
Ann
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
OMG this is soooo wrong it is right! A graphic novel parody of the book Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. Did I mention so wrong?! Bella is named Bleh in this book along with Fredward and T-Bob (ie Edward and Jacob). This book is for anyone who is tired of the Twilight series and just needs a good laugh.
Heather
Sep 07, 2011 rated it did not like it
parodies can be fun if done well. this one lacked all quality, humor, style, etc. It was just stupid.
Sherry
May 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-qp-shelf
So Twilight is cool and everything, but some take it way overboard. Loved the parady.
Ginger Woods
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: one-day-read
This is just hilarious! Some parts could have been better, but I've never found a book parody! I was so excited to read this! I want to collect all of the Papercut Slices parodys now!
Amanda-Lee (StoryWings)
Breaking Down was a quick, entertaining if slightly odd parody.

Breaking Down is narrated by Bleh-Bleh’s father Duck. He gives us an update on what’s been happening over the last few years and we get to see in pictures how the story unfolds.

Bleh-Bleh is quite true to her Twilight counterpart, being exceptionally dull and dim-witted. It is emphasised here in her addiction of sticking her tongue in light-sockets “for a buzz”.

Fredward and J-Bob have equal panel time to Bleh-Bleh in this parody and i
Tat
Originally posted at Read. Run. Study.

Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

I had a lot more fun with this one because I think Twilight lends itself well to parody. We follow the adventures of Bleh (Bella) as she meets vampires (including Fredward Sullen), werewolves (including J-Bob), zombies, and other monsters. And of course, she demonstrates her stupidity and she falls in love. There are some great scenes from the books that are included (I think it hits most of the big scenes) and there are some new scen
NaomiRuth
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
Before I say anything I would like to preface it with this: I met Mir Petrucha and he was an amazingly fun gentleman.

1) As I mentioned before, Graphic Novels freak me out a little bit. So I can't say I particularly enjoyed this book.

2) I know it was supposed to be funny, but I don't believe it matched my humor, which I found to be quite sad. So when I say I didn't find it funny it's not because I thought it was rude of them to make fun of Twilight (when done tastefully and well I dont' care what
Ash
May 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: do-not-recommend
Y'know looking at these reviews and seeing one of the authors comment on their reviews and being so childish about it explains a lot. Just look at the reviews from 2012 and you'll see what I mean.

Honestly, this has probably got to be one of the worst book parodies I've ever read in my life. With third grade humor,and art that's rather terrible, this book brings the satire genre to shame.

When a parody is done right, it can be done right. It doesn't mean watering it down to stupid and adding jo
Andrea Stone
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was okay. Maybe it would've been better if I actually read the actual books but since I didn't, I don't really understand. I know kind of where the whole story revolves around to because I watched some of the movies. I just picked up the book and decided to read it because I love comic books and it mentioned being a parody, I expected to be laughing but I didn't.
Chechoui
Jan 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
This graphic book was horrible. The art was ghastly and the parodies were not funny whatsoever. I was hoping to get a good laugh poking fun at the Twilight saga, but this book was just plain stupid. It seemed to be targeting 9 year old boys with potty humor as its target audience, but even that might be a reach. This comic is not even worth a library checkout, trust me.
Emma T
I am a big Twilight fan,but I thought it would be fun to read a book that messes with Twilight. But with this book it kinda made me mad. I love twilight and all the characters in it (even edward at some points) but this books was just badly written and made all the characters look like idiots. I know thats what books like these usually do but this one took it alittle to far for me.
Wendie
Oct 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Well- I can say Breaking Dawn was better than this graphic parody. Which says a lot if you think about it.
Sarah Mohamed
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING BUT ITS NOT FOR KIDS UNDER 13
Dionna Bliss
Jul 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE
It was a lot stupider than most Twilight parodies that I've either read or seen I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
Blake Norby
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Pretty funny, but overall just kind of dumb. Had to read it to make sure it wasn't inappropriate for the collection.
Dawn
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-book
MAD magazine-type parody of the Twilight genre. Not my cup of tea... It was not particularly well-drawn or well-written, but I guess it's not really supposed to be...
Dana
Apr 28, 2011 added it
This was the stupidest thing I have ever read. Almost more stupid than twilight itself lol.
Ross
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Funny parody for Twilight fans. This was a quick graphic novel read.
Elsa
May 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-gn, qp-2012
I never made it past the Twilight book so I really didn't get most of what was supposed to be parodied. Oh well.
Christina
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Very silly, but entertaining :-)
Christine
Dec 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one.
Utter and dismal crap.
Sandy
Sep 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
This really wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't find it particularly funny. The jokes kind of fell flat for me, and I was disappointed.
Brittany Utley
rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2014
David Wardrop
rated it did not like it
Mar 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
PART 2 TRAILER! 1 2 Mar 27, 2012 05:45PM
Graphic Novel 1 3 Nov 30, 2010 12:22PM
  • Adventures of Dr. McNinja: Night Powers
  • Marathon
  • Moonlight Bleu
  • I Love Him to Pieces (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #1)
  • G.L.A.: Misassembled (Great Lakes Avengers)
  • The Lovecraft Anthology, Volume 1
  • Spell Checkers, Vol. 1
  • Fractured Fables
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer and the Great Puppet Theater
  • Spirits of the Noh (The Waking, #2)
  • Cuba: My Revolution
  • A Sickness in the Family
  • 21: The Story of Roberto Clemente
  • My Favorite Band Does Not Exist
  • 13th Boy, Vol. 1 (13th Boy, #1)
  • Made for Each Other (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #2)
  • Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever.
  • Thor the Mighty Avenger, Vol. 1
Stefan Petrucha (born January 27, 1959) is an American writer for adults and young adults. He has written graphic novels in the The X-Files and Nancy Drew series, as well as science fiction and horror.
Born in the Bronx, he has spent time in the big city and the suburbs, and now lives in western Massachusetts with his wife, fellow writer Sarah Kinney, and their daughters. At times he has been a tec
More about Stefan Petrucha

Papercutz Slices (4 books)
  • Papercutz Slices #1: Harry Potty and the Deathly Boring
  • Percy Jerkson and the Ovolactovegetarians (Papercutz Slices, #3)
  • The Hunger Pains (Papercutz Slices Series #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)