Start by marking “To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)” as Want to Read:
To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)

To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish #3)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  279 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews

Erin Hollister is waiting for her big breakor even a small one. She's been dumped by her boyfriend, canned by her employer and it doesn't seem that her dream of making it on Broadway will come true either. But then she's given a lanterncomplete with genie!and it looks as if a little magic may be in store.

That is, if she can decide what to wish for. There's the rub. Career?

Published October 1st 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about To Wish or Not to Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Wish or Not to Wish

Chibineko
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Sophie Kinsella? Like Meg Cabot? Longing for your next Kyra Davis fix? Then you'll love Mindy Klasky. Mixing everything that is so much fun from each author (minus Davis' mystery themes) & adding a sizable dollop of magic, Klasky manages to create a book that 'chick-lit' readers are sure to love!

Aspiring actress Erin Hollister believes that bad things come in threes. First she goes to an audition where she's sent packing before she's even able to complete the first sentence. Then she lo
Drebbles
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Erin Hollister is waiting for her big break on Broadway but all she seems to have is bad luck – bad luck that comes in threes. Her luck seems to change when she is given a lantern that comes with a Genie, who is granting her not three but four wishes. Erin has to decide how to use her luck wisely, but she might just discover that she doesn't need a Genie to be lucky.

“To Wish or Not to Wish” is a delightful book that is part romance/part fantasy. I've not read the other books in Mindy Klasky’s “A
Diana Blick
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Memorable

Don't get me wrong. I love Ms. Klasky. I love her work. I liked this book. So I have to be forgiven for one tiny complaint. I absolutely despised the heroine's sister. I also know I wasn't supposed to dislike her. But I know her type--Miss Know it all with everyone else, pushy and controlling, big business student but whining and helpless and unable to be a strong military wife--can't manage the kid, hates the separations, can't wait till he quits. But totally unable to manage her own l
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Erin needs a break, not only in her career, but from her jerk of a boyfriend. Finding a genie in a tarnished lamp gives her four wishes, but Teel, the gender bending genie, is pushy and Erin doesn't know what she wants exactly. Her sister, Amy, is happy to tell her but The Plan doesn't seem to be going well. When Erin meets Timothy, it's in danger of falling apart all together.
Erin's not the most sympathetic of characters, she is a little too self centered and shallow. Her first two wishes didn'
Terra
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Mindy Klasky! It's funny as I'm not into chick lit but this author writes in a way that no matter who you are you will surely chuckle if not down right laugh out loud with some of the antics. I think this is her best so far.

Erin is our heroine and oh what a poor dear she is. She thinks she pregnant so her boyfriend up and departs, she loses her job, has no money and worst of all has a know it all sister who happens to be somewhat of a pest.

Erin ends up being in the right place at the supp
Jay
Nov 24, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, ebooks
published on romancereaderatheart.com

To Wish or Not to Wish is the last in Mindy Klasky’s As You Wish series. To Wish or Not to Wish picks up right where When Good Wishes Go Bad left off, but there’s enough new material that readers who are new to the series won’t feel lost. Likewise, there’s very little rehashing of plot points to annoy veterans to the series; in fact, we get some updates on past characters.

The unifying theme in these three books has been Teel, the gender-bending genie. In thi
Jamaie
Sep 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Deborah
I was rather surprised by this book. I was expecting a romantic comedy, but it was more along the lines of "chick lit". That being said, I found this book very entertaining. With the premise of the genie and the granting of wishes, I expected a more frivolous read, but I was surprised with the direction the author took. The central character, Erin, really thought through her choices and learned about the repercussions of those choices. I also enjoyed that this book was written in first person na ...more
May
Aug 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-chick-y
I really was excited about reading this one - sadly it really didn't work for me. With a heroine who is both selfish and flakey and a story that doesn't really go anywhere or have any good depth or detail this wasn't much of a read.

It wasn't bad - if you're looking for a light tale of an aspiring actress who wants to find love and herself (with tiny doses of genie magic) then this is your book.
Erika
It was different. Erin is a little whiny and repetitive, but then everyone probably whines in their inner monologues. I did want to smack her though, because (view spoiler) What Teel does for Justin and Amy was sweet though, and different.
Chrystal
Not as good as the middle book of the series, but still very enjoyable. I liked the new character because she reminds me a lot of myself, plus she was just kind of adorable and made cute and not annoying mistakes. Well, not *many* annoying mistakes. Definitely good quick fluff reading, and a nice vacation book.
Cathi95
Jul 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
First of all, it was book 3 of a series, and the first one I had read, so I could feel that there were points that I was missing. Other than that, it was a fun story. Erin, eager Broadway star-to-be, is given four wishes by a genie. How many she uses, and why, is the crux of the story - which was funny, thoughtful and romantic. Maybe I'll find the other two someday.
Kim
Apparently the end of the series. It was o.k., but I felt that Teel was too over powering as a character and that the character was too pushy and overt the top. The series as a whole was fine, romantic and moralistic at times, not too preachy, but still "be careful what you wish for" and all that.
Liam Smith
Actual rating 2.5 stars. The whole 'master plan' frustrated me and I was glad at one point a character pointed out how stupid it was.

I was kinda hoping the third book would entirely focus on Teel and while there was a bit more information on her/him it was a little disappointing in that regard.

Couple of way more serious scenes than either of the last books.
Mel
Being the 3rd book in the series the plot and the main character's troubles are fairly predicable (job + men). However, it was still a highly amusing and easy read. Started and finished it all in one day =)
Autumn
Apr 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely an airplane/beach/vacation type book - mostly fluff, nothing very memorable, but kind of fun. Pretty clean.
Jeannie Lopez
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She is a awesome writer .. Great writing Teel
Christine
actress finds genie in a bottle, saves her career and love life
M.T. DeSantis
Read this in one night and stayed up to do it. I also haven't read the first two. I didn't realize this was book 3. So now I have to go read the first two because this was a wonderfully fun story.
Shelby
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the whole series. Although I think the middle book was the best, this was a satisfying ending to the Genie trilogy.
Leah
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought the first book of the series was better, even of it was very predictable.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: As You Wish
Lexi Vick
Great ending to the trilogy.
Edwina Triwibowo
Fresh and funny!
Kimberly
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
what a fun story. I have enjoyed watching the characters evolve throughout the series. i hope Mindy continues write about Teel and his/her adventures as a Genie.
Keely
Dec 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
The wishes series by Mindy Klasky were a nice read. Not too sappy, and I learned a lot about the theatre world I didn't know before.
Karin Crimmins
This one was not as light hearted as the others. It was a little hard for me to get through it.

Saikhnaa Ch
Nov 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Light, funny novel without mentioning unpredictable genie Teel
Cara
Nov 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the last installment of the Wish books. I read it in about a day. It is a light, fun read that kept my attention.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 11, 2015 08:35AM
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #1)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Flowers for Her Grave (Grim Reaper Mystery, #3)
  • Kiss and Spell (Enchanted, Inc., #7)
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • The Double Cross (Someday Quilts Mystery, #3)
  • Ghost in Trouble (Bailey Ruth, #3)
  • Murder in Vein (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #1)
  • The Price of Freedom (Out of the Bottle, #1)
  • Valley of the Soul (Dubric Bryerly, #3)
  • Genie Knows Best (Bottled Magic, #2)
  • Hex Education
  • The Demon Redcoat (Traitor to the Crown, #3)
  • Tricks of the Trade (Paranormal Scene Investigations, #3)
  • Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)
Mindy Klasky learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her that she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. She never forgot that advice.

Mindy's travels took her through multiple careers, including copyright lawyer and law librarian. Mindy now writes full time. Her books fall in a number of genres -- including traditional fantasy, urban fantasy, and category
More about Mindy Klasky

As You Wish (4 books)
  • Wishful Thinking (As You Wish, #0)
  • How Not To Make a Wish (As You Wish, #1)
  • When Good Wishes Go Bad (As You Wish, #2)
“Isn’t that supposed to be my line?” he asked ruefully.” 0 likes