Start by marking “Northern Escape (Harlequin Blaze, #581)” as Want to Read:
Northern Escape (Harlequin Blaze, #581)

Northern Escape (Alaskan Heat #3)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Nobody in Good Riddance is wondering how world-class chef Augustina "Gus" Tippens ended up running the local diner. No, but everybody's dying to know the identity of the mysterious, sexy stranger who's eyeing her like she's scrumptious creme brulee...Travel journalist Nick Hudson loves coming across the unusual--and the annual Good Riddance Christmoose Parade definitely fi ...more
Published November 16th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Northern Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Northern Escape

Lisa Malmquist
Dec 19, 2010 rated it liked it
I thought this was a cute story about a world class chef who ends up in Alaska. Four years after running away from New York and her former life there, she meets Nick Hudson, a travel journalist who is writting about the Christmas festival in the Alaskan town of Good Riddance, where Augustina, the chef is now residing.
Of course Nick and Gus hit it off...anyway, I don't want to spoil it for anyone but there is a pleasant Christmas romance with a touch of mystery. Just the right thing before Christ
TINNGG
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it
2.5 actually. I confess to skimming.

Let's see... h was previously engaged to some guy whose family was influential. She broke up with him, and he started stalking her. So she's been living in bumblefart nowhereville off the grid for 4 years.

H is a travel reporter. He comes to bumblefart nowhereville for reasons I never really understood. Something about doing an article on some Christmas celebration there. Why, I dunno. I mean; I'd imagine off-the-wall Christmas celebrations are pretty common in
Mitch
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh, Harlequin. You feel-good easy reads have pulled me in, since it allows me to read while maintain a busy life. I can seriously complete half a Harlequin in one bathtub session. So yes, I've been devouring them like a box of Fanny Farmer chocolates. Shush up and don't judge. These last two bathtub sessions have brought me to Good Riddance, Alaska in Jennifer LaBrecque's "Alaskan Heat". Yay, here come the holiday reads!

The following may or may not contain spoilers.

A few years ago beautiful and
Kerry-Ann McDade
Jan 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Northern Escape was such a quick read for me simply because I couldn't get enough of Gus and Nick. I was so intrigued to find out Gus' secret that when I did I wanted to read more!

I loved the atmosphere of the small town which is Good Riddance and the way everyone knows each others business the story itself based in that town truly amazed me at how much I loved it. There are a couple of quoted from the novel which I adored.

"The loons and many other birds fly south for the winter. They knows whe
Kay
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gus's story... the third book in the Alaskan Heat mini-series takes place around Christmas and New Year. Because it builds on characters from the previous two books, it would probably be best read after them, although it gives enough detail to work as a book on its own, this info could be seen as something of a spoiler if you want to read the other two books.
Donna
Nov 26, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked this story the least of the three books in this series. I just didn't really find the romance between Gus and Nick that interesting. The author spent too much time on filling in the back story and not enough developing the romance. Also, I'm not sure why the story about Jenna and her unsuccessful pursuit of Nelson was thrown in this book...it just didn't seem to belong.
Krystean
I really enjoyed this mini-series by Jennifer LaBrecque that included Northern Exposure, Northern Encounter and Northern Escape. Romantic, fun, and good stories. I'll look for more books by this author.
Wminbc
Jan 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This last one in the Alaskan heat series made me soooo hungry...the kitchen scenes and food descriptions should be banned from pre-CHristmas books...can't diet and read!
Maureen Wilson
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
great food, love, and story!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Alaskan Heat
Kimberly
Jun 10, 2011 rated it liked it
An okay story.
Tricia
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, alaska
Alaskan Heat Series #3 - Jennifer LaBrecque is awesome. I love her stories of Alaska.
Sue
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
The characters in the town were a hoot!
Robin *loves sexy books*
3.5 stars. My favorite of this little series was the 1st book. But i likes all of them and it was a great little series.
Rochelle
cute. short and sweet.
cover is pretty ridiculous-looking, though!
Tremont G
Dec 24, 2012
Andrea
Jan 20, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Rebel
  • Caught on Camera
  • The Mighty Quinns: Dermot (The Mighty Quinns, #19)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • A Man for All Seasons
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze #292)
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Taking Care of Business
  • Red-Hot Santa
  • Face-Off
  • Making a Splash
  • No Going Back
  • The Real Deal (Harlequin Blaze, #573)
First, let me say this is how I show up at my desk every morning to write. Dahling, I couldn’t possibly write a word unless I was wearing 3-inch heels with a Martini at hand. NOT!!! But it’s so different, and face it, infinitely less scarey than the way I usually work, running shorts and t-shirt with a cup of tea nearby, that I had to put this picture up.

I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was g
More about Jennifer LaBrecque...

Alaskan Heat (6 books)
  • Northern Exposure
  • Northern Encounter (Harlequin Blaze, #575)
  • Northern Fascination