Start by marking “Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)

Fins Are Forever

(Fins #2)

On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.

Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almo
Published June 28th 2011 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Fins Are Forever, please sign up.
Sara No, it can be less beautiful than the first one (obviously just in my opinion) but it's quite enjoyable anyway.…moreNo, it can be less beautiful than the first one (obviously just in my opinion) but it's quite enjoyable anyway.(less)

Start your review of Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)
Brandi ;)
Not a bad 2nd book. It was cute in all the ways the first one was cute. The main character wasn't totally annoying, she was a typical teen with a little bit of extra resposibility. Sort of.

BUT

I do believe I am a little tired of reading about teens (girls) falling in love and declaring they have found their 'soulmate' before they have even begun to live life. High school is not real life. I know some kids have to grow up and have adult responsibilities before their time, but they are still teens
Lena ♫ ♪
Jun 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2011-release
With the holidays, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to finish within a week. After I picked it up, it only took me 2 days to gulp this delicious book up. I loved every minute of it!

Sequels can be fishy at times (heehee). Will it be good? Will it exceed all the expectations following the first book? Will new characters be introduced? The answers are simple. Yes, yes, and yes! I love Tera Lynn's writing. She can make you hate a character one minute and love him/her the next.

My only complaint is,
Mary
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fins are Forever hit the perfect spot with me and I enjoyed this one even more than the start of the series. The book starts out with Lily deciding she will give up her capacity as a princess on her birthday and live on dry land to resolve the conflict she has with her human side. Things are going swimmingly with Quince and she finds the perfect career to strive for as a marine ecologist. Of course, something goes terribly wrong when her wicked cousin, Dosinia turns up on her doorstep.

There are
Jesten
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book even more than the 1st somehow. They're all very cutesy and enjoyable to read, but don't look for major depth or you may be disappointed. This series is more of a vacation for the mind than a field trip. ...more
Courtney Robeson
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Still insanely cheesy, but somehow, this book seemed to have more substance to it. No, it's really not a good book, but again, I had fun reading it lol. ...more
Margaret Stohl
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
got these from my 10 y.o. who couldn't put them down. ...more
Ruby Rose
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lili and 13 and up!
This book was a wonderful addition to the series! I don't know if it is just me but I think that mermaid stories are always the most wonderful twist to actual life... add romance and you get this. I think this author deserves some kind of recognition. As her second seres I have read both have been wonderful. I plan on getting my hands on as much more of this author as possible.

PARENT NOTE: This one has some interesting things that happen such as finding your younger cousin making out with your
moviebunny
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
From my blog: (\__/)nymfaux

Ok, so the day I’ve been waiting for—ever since I pressed the page turn button and saw “EPILOGUE” written in bold letters in the upper-center of the page—And not the kind of EPILOGUE where everyone gets married and lives happily-ever-after, but the kind of EPILOGUE-cliff-hanger where it looks like something catastrophic may or may not happen, but you don’t know, because the page turn button appears to be malfunctioning and there don’t seem to be anymore words left at t
Garrett
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Son of a swordfish! This book was pure awesome-ness, even better than the first book! In the sequel to last summer's Forgive My Fins, Lily is forced to choose between her kingdom in the sea or life on land. I actually felt for Lily as she must deal with all these choices that no teenager should have to make. The most interesting part for me in the book was how Lily has become frustrated with having to hide the secret that she is a mermaid, and her yearning to come out of the ocean and reveal her ...more
Alyssa hoffmaster
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
more reviews here

I don’t usually read many mermaid books but this series has me blown away.

In the last book Lily ad drama unfolds, lily is crushing on the popular guy at school, while a Quince pines away for her every second he can. Quince and Lily bond and they have to go to the castle to separate. She doesn’t want Quince to turn into a merman.

Now we have the second book in the series where Lily and Quince are in love with each other, she has to make a huge decision in her life, she has to bo
Amy Jacobs
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I just love it when a sequel can live up to the expectations that a reader has after reading the first book in a series! With Fins Are Forever, the author did an amazing job of making the second book just a fabulous as the first!

Lily is getting ready to turn eighteen and give up her place as future Queen of Thalassinia. She loves the human world and is looking forward to a future with Quince on land. She thought she just had problems with trying to figure out the answers to the SAT questions, bu
Janus the Erudite Artist
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-hardcover
How fun was this book!

I liked Forgive My Fins, the first book, but I loved Fins Are Forever. This had more twists and turns than the first one.

I love Lily’s voice. She’s gotten funnier than she was in Forgive My Fins. I can see how she and Quince *sigh* were really the perfect match; jiving and taunting each other playfully then mushily cuddling and saying sweet-nothings the next. I also like seeing her struggle with the human customs such as tests, college, all that sort. She was just so cute
Andrea
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a great, fun sequel to Forgive My Fins! I had been so looking forward to reading this book, and it didn't disappoint! Lily is still such a fun character (and I love her little quips and sayings that have to do with the ocean...although I think there was more in the first book and would have loved there to be more in this one.) And Quince. Sigh. Another "bad boy" type that isn't really a bad boy. Loved him!

This book is definitely a light, fun read. I'm not sure if there is going to be a
Bees
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall Fine...nothing wow worthy.
Tia
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-series-fins
Final Rating: 3.5 Stars
Stephanie Allen
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as much fun as the first one! I love that this trilogy is simple, light-hearted fantasy without an epic villain to worry about. It makes for a fun escape from the world for a little while.
Jessica Buwalda
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Yet another great underwater story filled with adventures, love and many mishaps. I couldn’t wait to pick this book up after reading the first in the series and I have to say I have not been disappointed yet. I love Lily and her crazy life, funny jealous and sarcastic boyfriend Quince, and of course everything in her life is turned upside down in the novel where she begins to feel the pressures of her actions and choices and needs to decide what is best for both herself and her kingdom.
God, I c
Kyleigh
Jan 18, 2011 rated it liked it
So I devoured this in one sitting, and in just a few hours. One thing I love about Tera's writing is her ability to suck you in and never want to look away from the pages. I ended up having rather mixed feelings about this. Maybe it's because I just finished it and haven't had time to process. I just feel like this was filled with so much drama. Tera was feeding the drama llama as I like to say. It was a bit overwhelming to be honest. Lily and Quince overcame the biggest obstacles in the first b ...more
Anastasia
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fins are forever by Tera Lynn Childs
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews
Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal suc
Courtney
Feb 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OH WOW, I love this series!!! This book was Crabbtastic!! In Fins are Forever the story continues right where Forgive My Fins left off with Lily being madly in love with Quince but deciding that she is interested in giving up her crown in Thalassinia as future queen to stay as a human on land forever with her boyfriend Quince and seek out college and a new life.

Forgive my Fins was great and so I had high expectation for Fins are Forever to be equally good!! However, I think that Fins are Forever
Lucia
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Read the review at iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books.

Once again Tera Lynn Childs has spun a flippin' fantastic story with her hilarious writing. This sequel to Forgive My Fins is a little more dramatic than the previous, with more romances and a lot more pressure on Lily to make the right decision. Her life seems to be falling apart as she struggles to keep her cousin out of trouble while studying for her SATs, which will probably determine her future on Earth.

Lily has grown a lot, and I'm glad to see
Courage
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recently finished reading Forgive My Fins, and though it wasn't my cup of tea, I somehow found myself diving (haha) into the next installment. I will say this for Childs' series - it has me reading at a voracious rate. The writing is inexpert and the storyline is not particularly innovative.. and yet. It's just one of those things. Like you know how Lay's proclaims how you can't just have one? It's true. This is sort of the same thing, except the chips are books in the Fins series, and they don' ...more
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Posted on K-Books

I was really looking forward to reading this book. I really enjoyed the first Fins book and couldn't wait to read more of Lily and Quince's story.

Lily chose Quince at the end of Forgive my Fins, which meant she had to give up her roayl heritage and remain on land with him. However as her 18th birthday get closer she questions whether she has chosen the correct thing. Yes, she loved Quince more than anyone, she doesn't doubt that but is giv
Sandy
Dec 05, 2010 rated it liked it

This series should have ended with book one. Forgive My Fins was a fluffy, funny beach read, but the plot in this sequel has nowhere to go. Creating unnecessary melodrama does not a plot make. And based on the said melodrama, it appears there will be even ANOTHER book.

Part of my problem with this series? I do not like Lily as a character. She whined and nagged and shrieked for most of book one, but I tolerated it because Quince's devotion was so adorable and there were some funny lines.
Meghan Delesky
This book was great. It was a great sequal to Forgive My Fins. I loved the journey it took me on :) With Lily's cousin, Doe, it definitely gave the book a little twist, especially when Brody got involved :P And then there's Tellin, Lily's long lost gubbyhood friend, and what he shared with Lily. And you can't forget the dreamy Quince ;) He spiced up the book a lot, not just with his..well, good looking-ness, haha, but the connection that Lily and him have.
I loved this book. I think maybe I liked
Amelia, free market Puritan
Flipped through this book at school one day. I feel the same way about it that I felt about Forgive My Fins. Lily is a tool, as is everyone else in this book. Quince is cool enough, but I wish he'd grow a backbone. And while I love Tera Lynn's "cutesy" style and think these books are perfect to recommend to students (due to their readability and no real content issues), it was a little too much cutesy for me. Probably won't be catching the third installment - I've had enough of Lily's nagging, b ...more
Gabrielle Carolina
Dec 30, 2010 rated it liked it
If this were a stand-alone I would give it 4-Stars, however, since it is the sequel to TLC's first Lily book, Forgive my Fins, I had to score it a bit lower.

The formula felt nearly identical to the first novel about Lily Sanderson, except it had a whole lot less of Quince, and a whole lot more about very convenient plot twists and turns that all in all left me wanting more.

I was very disappointed with this book.

Long Review TK
Sara
This is a cute mermaid series. I enjoyed the silly fish phrases that Lily uses when she is frustrated. This book brought in her annoying cousin, Dosinia, but it all comes together with a preposterous plan and the new guy, Tellin. Quince and Lily are a cute couple, and things seem to be working out for them. Can't wait to move on to book 3, so that I can find out how all this bonding business twist works out. Great clean series for teens and adults. ...more
Kimberly
Dec 29, 2010 rated it liked it
More annoying scenes than romantic ones.
The hard part about the sequel is sometimes it can't live up to the expectations of the first book.
Most of the time, Lily was thinking about terapped problems repeatedly which became irritating. She was irrational.
And what happened to the romance? I can't believe she bonded with Tellin. I know she wanted to help the kingdoms under the sea, but still. .
TJ
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
THE REVIEW

Why this book?

I liked the first book in this series

What I thought

I enjoyed this I just love Quince and I love his relationship with Lilly! just wish there was less of annoying little cousin and Brody; didn't we get enough Brody in the fist book?

Overall a cute read
Quince... 14 62 Jun 25, 2014 07:52AM
Book Discussions ...: * Fins are Forever 1 1 Mar 27, 2013 11:10AM
Should I read the 2nd and 3rd book? 3 12 Jun 20, 2012 03:36PM
When's Fins are Forever coming out? 2 26 Sep 24, 2010 10:06AM

• Tempest Rising (Tempest, #1)
  • Aquamarine (Water Tales #1)
  • Tempest Revealed (Tempest, #3)
  • Real Mermaids Don’t Wear Toe Rings (Real Mermaids, #1)
  • Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2)
  • Ripple
  • The Mermaid's Mirror
  • Hannah (Daughters of the Sea, #1)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2)
  • Spells (Wings, #2)
  • Ash & Bramble (Ash & Bramble, #1)
  • Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1)
  • The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1)
  • Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)
  • Vanish (Firelight, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • Dark Souls
  • My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1)
See top shelves…
Tera Lynn Childs is the award-winning young adult author of the mythology-based Oh. My. Gods. series, the Forgive My Fins mermaid romance series, the kick-butt monster-hunting Sweet Venom trilogy, and the Darkly Fae series. She also wrote the City Chicks sweet chick lit romance series and co-wrote the Hero Agenda and Creative HeArts series. Tera currently parks her laptop in Las Vegas and spends h ...more

Fins (3 books)
  • Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1)
  • Just for Fins (Fins, #3)