Start by marking “Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness” as Want to Read:
Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness

Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  352 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
He first burst onto the scene in the nineties, covered in gold face paint and exhibiting a one-of-a- kind flamboyant style that bewildered his foes and thrilled his fans. Inside the ring, Goldust is as tough as they come, known for using outrageous mind games and taking down his opponents with unparalleled ruthlessness. It’s no surprise, then, that wrestling is in his bloo ...more
Published December 14th 2010 by World Wrestling Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Cross Rhodes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross Rhodes

Have a Nice Day! by Mick FoleyA Lion's Tale by Chris JerichoHitman by Bret HartFoley is Good by Mick FoleyUndisputed by Chris Jericho
Best Wrestling Books
253 books — 118 voters
Have a Nice Day! by Mick FoleyUndisputed by Chris JerichoA Lion's Tale by Chris JerichoCheating Death, Stealing Life by Eddie GuerreroHitman by Bret Hart
Wrasslin'
131 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Bryson McCheeseburger
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
A nice read about the rise and fall of Goldust in the world of wrestling. As a fan of his, I have to give the book a higher rating just for the fact that you know more and feel closer to him, but I can't give five stars as compared to other wrestlers' biographies this one is a little thin on details. Some of the story is told as if you already know the details and Dustin is just reminding you. The story is supposed to be more about his addictions and his fall, but he treats some of that as an as ...more
Chris
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Interesting enough story about Dustin Rhodes', a.k.a. Golddust, road through addiction and back again. However, while it's far from the worst book ever written (I'm looking at you Wuthering Heights!) it is written in a style that is so informal that it's at times off putting. Although the journey itself is interesting, Rhodes seems to repeat himself quite a bit and I would have enjoyed more insights his feelings about the business and other wrestlers.
Delbert
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Starting with the negatives, the biggest flaw here is that this book reads like a rush-job, and I found myself skimming parts here and there because it was very clear where the story was going and there wasn't much purpose in reading closely. There isn't a lot of content; the print is double-spaced and about 16 point font, and every 5th page is a photo, and the thing still clocks in at only about 200 pages.

Wrestling is homoerotic and homophobic, whether or not most of the industry or the fans c
Matt Murphy
Dec 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people struggling with addiction
Of every wrestling book that has been released, I've looked forward to none as much as CROSS RHODES. Dustin Rhodes grew up the son of a wrestling legend, quickly became a star, and transformed into one of wrestling's greatest characters during the WWF Attitude era; I thought he would have an amazing story to tell.

I ordered the Kindle version today (release day, 12-14-2010) and read the whole thing in about three hours. It wasn't because the content was so captivating that I zipped through it--t
Justin Sylvia
I wasn't quiet sure what to expect from the "Bizarre One" known simply as......Goldust. I was intrigued to discover that in this book, Dustin Rhodes, the grandson of a plumber, the son of the American Dream Dusty Rhodes, & brother to "Dashing" Cody Rhodes went through a lot of hills and valleys to achieve what he has achieved in his personal life. From what i could tell, it damn sure wasn't easy trying to live in the shadow of a man that america cheered and looked up to. From his early days ...more
Mira Sun
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Mein erstes englisches Wrestlingbuch. Warum wurde es gerade Goldust? Weil Goldust einer der genialsten Charaktere ist, die es jemals im Wrestling gegeben hat. Er ist der Prince of Perversion und unter dem gold schwarzen MakeUp wirkt er wie ein sehr netter Mensch.
Ein großer Teil des Buches ist Dustins Bedauern und seine Drogenerfahrung. Ich weiß das einige Leser dieses “Gejammer” nervt. Es kann schon sehr anstrengend sein, aber sein Leben ist nun einmal so verlaufen. Es tut ihm jetzt leid, außerd
Ashley Kelly Walton
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
When i first started this book i thought it was going to be weird and creepy but it turned out to be something way better. I've always liked Goldust plus the whole Rhodes family, so when i first red this is thought it was going to be nothing but Wrestling but it turned out to be something that made me respect Dustin so much more than i already did. He worked his ass off for what he's become and unlike some people it wasn't handed to him because of his famous father. It made me respect Dusty Rhod ...more
Bowie V.
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness' is another in a long line of entertaining bios about WWE stars that reveals their triumphs and demons on their road to pro-wrestling glory. Again, it's another example of how only the strong survive in the wrestling world. Travel, injuries, and running hard take its toll on many of the wrestlers, and Dustin was no exception. THankfully, he kicked his mega-bad habit, and we still have him around.
Joseph Lopez
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty good book. Really gave a inside look of the ups and downs of wrestling. He tackles his addiction to pain killers and drinking and how he came clean. Also he talks about how he had to step out of the shadows of his Dad and become Goldust and how he is helping out the younger talent today in WWE.
Cindy
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is a prime example of a wrestling biography that is tossed together in probably three days, published the day after and all with the main goal of getting wrestling fans to fork over money.

This book is filled with vague details, quick stories and a bunch of blah blah drugs, blah blah blah, can't live up to my dad's rep. Blah blah.

Overall, huge disappointment.
Eric Smith
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a very good autobiography! If you are a wrestling fan you will for sure appreciate this book! Tons of insight and information. I read this book front to back within 2 hours and could not put it down! One of the best wrestler autobiographies out there in my opinion.
Jesse
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome, he let you into his life & his struggle with addiction. If you are addicted to drugs alcohol etc. I would recommend you reading this. He expressed himself well. Really easy read.
Ben
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
A pretty good biography, but not nearly as good as most of the other wrestling biographies. Definitely lacking on wrestling and much more of a "daddy's issues" and "road to hell through drugs/alcohol and redemption" story than anything else. Still a quick and fun read overall.
Guin
May 05, 2011 rated it liked it
The style of this book was interesting. It was more like sitting down with Dustin in his living room and listening to him tell the stories of his life and career than it was like reading a memoir or autobiography. I enjoyed it, but not everyone will like the stream-of-thought way it is written.
Benoit Bilodeau
Feb 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not too many insight into the world of wrestling, more a book about painkillers and vodka
Randy
Jan 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
A quick read. Not only peers into the life of a pro wrestling superstar but more importantly overcoming personal demons.
Eric Kennedy-smith
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great autobiography for any wrestling fan! Couldn't put the book down! Very well written and informative.
Tim Dunn
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Pretty decent book, but too short a read and not enough back stories, very vague. There needed to be a lot more to it than this. Almost like a summary of what should be his actual book.
Trey Nowell
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved his honesty throughout this book, really impressed by his new outlook on life and it obviously has paid off. Never knew the struggles he was having.
Barry
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
great information, horribly written.
Leebob Holland
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Far too short but enjoyable while it lasts.
Elina
Sep 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Eye openning but it has no dates for anything. No timeline or concrete dates.
Al Smith
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Stilted ghostwriting and barely any depth.
Scott Fishman
  • Countdown to Lockdown: A Hardcore Journal
  • Hardcore History: The Extremely Unauthorized Story of the ECW
  • Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps
  • Bobby the Brain: Wrestling's Bad Boy Tells All
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • Wrestlecrap: The Very Worst of Pro Wrestling
  • My Life Outside the Ring
  • All By My Selves: Walter, Peanut, Achmed, and Me
  • Heartbreak & Triumph: The Shawn Michaels Story
  • National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly That Strangled Pro Wrestling
  • Adam Copeland on Edge

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Shakespeare Never Did This
    $6.99 $1.99
  • No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
    $18.95 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours
    $7.95 $2.49
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Life of Lobsters: How Fishermen and Scientists Are Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Favorite Crustacean
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Patriot: The Tangled Lives of William Tecumseh Sherman
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
  • The Reaper: Autobiography of One of the Deadliest Special Ops Snipers