Start by marking “Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Vol. 2: Wearing o' the Green” as Want to Read:
Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Vol. 2: Wearing o' the Green

Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Vol. 2: Wearing o' the Green

(The Green Hornet #2)

Collecting issues #6-10 of the series based on Kevin Smith's unproduced Green Hornet film, this volume also features a complete cover gallery by industry greats Alex Ross, John Cassaday, J. Scott Campell, and more.
Published December 21st 2010 by Dynamite Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Vol. 2

Start your review of Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Vol. 2: Wearing o' the Green
Peter Derk
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This one, more than the first volume, felt like a storyboard for a movie. Which could be a good thing. But it definitely felt like "Let's check the boxes, get the beats in there, but not waste too much time on any one thing."

I think it's sort of weird that we didn't get this movie. It seems better to me. I know not everyone is a fan of Smith's style, but at least there was stuff happening in this story. I think Kevin has a love for the characters and sort of pulp-y comics characters in general.
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
An exciting conclusion that definitely makes more use of Kevin Smith's trademark humour than the first volume did. Loved the Britt/Kato interactions and the introduction of Clutch. Rather sad they don't appear to have done any more with this Hornet reboot.
Eric Mesa
This review applies to both volumes 1 and 2. It is a reprint from http://www.comicpow.com/2015/01/14/ke... Follow that link to see the article along with related images from the comics.
----------

As I mentioned in my John Carter first look, I’m somewhat new to Dynamite’s properties; more accurately, their licensed properties. When I attended the Pulp Panel at Baltimore Comic-Con 2014, I was interested in the Green Hornet for the first time. My only previous exposure was the trailer for the Seth
Mark Kosobucki
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Similar story points to the movie. This would have probably made a much better movie. And the black hornet is a great villain.
Sam Quixote
Jul 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Smith continues his Green Hornet story in this second and final part of his screenplay-turned-comic-book series. When we left off the new Green Hornet and Kato had accepted their roles and place within Century City and had begun their takedown of the bad guys, including the newest villain, the Black Hornet.

This book feels a lot more like a movie than a comic book. For instance there's the montage of scenes where Britt Reid Jnr tries on a series of new Hornet costumes interspersed with him
Eric Mikols
The first volume was stronger, for sure. A lot of this series is carried by the artwork, which works the action scenes better than most. The writing, well, it's not so hot. Kevin Smith has a sense of humor that really makes him laugh, but didn't work for me here. Very 90s, but unlike the first volume, it wasn't such a strong trait.
Andrew
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The first edition of Kevin Smith's limited series rebooting “The Green Hornet” only did a fair job of catching and keeping my attention. BUT it did it well enough to convince me to pick up and read the second edition (of 2).

And … my general impression of the 2nd book was pretty much the same as the first.

Nice art, helps tell the story. Lots of action sequences, perhaps even too much at the expense of character development. A fair tale, based in large part on stories you've probably read
Tony Laplume
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
The first volume (subtitled Sins of the Father) is worth reading. It adds insight into Green Hornet, Kevin Smith, and comic book superheroes in general. Positive insight, I should stress. This second volume is the whole thing collapsing into gibberish. I mean, it's not a complete waste. But yeah, it kind of is. At a certain point, because Smith loses faith in the basic concept, he tosses in a nod to WWII, and that's the biggest most ridiculous mistake to be found here. It would be one thing if ...more
Laurel
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
(This review includes both Vol. 1 and 2) Best way to describe this title? I got a kick out of it! Originally conceived as a movie, the story is an enjoyable action fest with enough emotion to flesh it out but not overwhelm. It's designed to be modern pulp fun with plenty of goofy scenes and one liners. It makes no effort to be more than that - a refreshing change from comics that try too hard to be 'deep'.

I thought creating a new Green Hornet for the modern age was a great way to update the
Willow Redd
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 of the comic adapted from Kevin Smith's fantastic Green Hornet movie script that didn't happen because Smith didn't think he could direct it. I disagree, but because he did drop out, we got Seth Rogen making an absolute mockery of one of my favorite old school radio characters. But at least we have the comic.

This is the culmination of the story started in Volume One where Britt Reid Jr. takes the mantle of the Hornet from his father. It keeps everything light and humorous after all the
Cale
Aug 31, 2014 rated it liked it
The banter and the action pick up in this second volume, which really complete the first major story arc. Young Britt Reid is now taking on the helm of the Green Hornet, although he's basically second fiddle to the new Kato. The conspiracy that led to his father's death is ratcheting up its goals, and Britt and Kato must stop them before it spells the end of the city. The stakes go much higher, although it kind of seems out of the blue when they do. But it's all an excuse for the action scenes, ...more
Angel
Nov 27, 2011 rated it liked it
An entertaining read with a nice campy pulp feel to it. Readers who may have liked things like the 60's Batman TV show, or The Green Hornet of that era, may enjoy this as well. It keeps that campy feel with some modern sensitivity. This is a comic where the children of the heroes take over the mantles of their parents, and they do so pretty well. The Black Hornet takes on the role of the megalomaniacal villain pretty well. Ok, so the typewriter thing is a bit cheesy, but that is part of the ...more
Jake
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Reading volume 2 of K. Smith's Green Hornet was akin to getting papercuts on my balls from old Rob Liefeld comics. I guess I got my hopes up because volume 1, unlike pretty much every other thing Kev has written in ten years, wasn't half bad. I love the fat bastard, but only when he's yapping and not writing.
Bradley Farless
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, comics
I never was into the Green Hornet. I never even gave it much thought. I got this volume and volume 2 as part of a digital bundle (Humble Bundle I think) and gave it a shot. I'm glad I picked it up because it was very entertaining. It would have made a great movie.
John
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it
This is based on an introduced Kevin Smith script and it reads like a typical Hollywood blockbuster. that is not a compliment. But when Smith breaks free of Hollywood cliches, especially in the way our hero defeats the villain, it shines.
Stephen
Oct 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun read, but you can tell it was originally a film script for a early to mid-2000's comic movie. That's not to say it is bad or anything, but superhero movies have come a long way since Marvel lit a fire on the genre.
Shannon Appelcline
Generally, continues to be enjoyable, but I think the high-octane action of this volume would have worked better on the movie screen than in comics.
sixthreezy
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kevin-smith
All of the crash, pow, and bang noises got a little tiring after awhile.. Would have been better with more dialogue, and the first volume was much better.
Ronald
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Oh YEAH, this was more of what I was expecting from a Kevin Smith comic book. The introductions are all done in the first volume and the real action happens here. I liked this.
Dave
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A worthy conclusion to volume one. Fairly predictable plot, but well executed and just plain fun.
Art
Jan 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Kevin Smith captures the true essence of the character while adding his own brand of humor in the mix. The artwork was stunning and the story was gripping. A shinning reason why I love this medium!
Patrick
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Totally enjoyable! How can one go wrong with a giant typerwriter (holy editing, Batm...)!?!?! Beautiful glossly artwork - this is how a comic should read!
Jim Black
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun pulp story. It would have made a fun adventure movie.
Jarlos
Aug 07, 2011 added it
post-modern superhero humor makes this second half of the story soar beyond some of the obvious conventions of its finale. and towards the end it gets a bit too jokey. but all in all, a fun ride.
David Cole

• Batman: Earth One, Volume 1
  • Batman, Volume 1: The Court of Owls
  • Batman: Hush
  • The Ultimates
  • Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?
  • Batman, Volume 3: Death of the Family
  • Batman, Volume 2: The City of Owls
  • Hawkeye, Volume 3: L.A. Woman
  • Batman, Volume 4: Zero Year: Secret City
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 1: The Assassin's Road (Lone Wolf and Cub, #1)
  • Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K-2SO #1
  • Kevin Smith's Kato #1
Kevin Patrick Smith is an American screenwriter, director, as well as a comic book writer, author, and actor. He is also the co-founder, with Scott Mosier, of View Askew Productions and owner of Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash comic and novelty store in Red Bank, New Jersey. He also hosts a weekly podcast with Scott Mosier known as SModcast. He is also known for participating in long, humorous ...more

The Green Hornet (6 books)
  • Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Vol. 1: Sins of the Father