Start by marking “The Seeing Summer” as Want to Read:
The Seeing Summer

The Seeing Summer

Carey fears her new neighbor Jenny, who is blind, will not be able to do everything she can but is surprised when both are kidnapped and survive the terrifying adventure.
Published 1981 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about The Seeing Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seeing Summer

Karen
Sep 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite books as a kid. I wish I still had it. Probably gave it away years ago.
Kayla Gunn
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aimee Massey
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
I read this way back in elementary school, and I forgot many parts of it, but I do remember enjoying this book. The main character befriends a blind girl, and she has to learn how to interact with the blind girl. She makes mistakes because she has never been with a blind person before, and has to learn that blind people do have certain disadvantages, but they're not completely weak and helpless, as she learns when she tries to help Jenny only to be rebuffed a couple of times because Jenny is fie ...more
Brittany Farr
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a simple read. It is also well written. It is about a girl who longs for another best friend since her best friend next door moved away. As luck had it, a girl her age moved in next door, but she is blind. Nevertheless, she eventually realized that being blind is not an obstacle to her friend. Together, they formed a new friendship that is to be cherished. However, one day, her blind friend was kidnapped, she eventually found her way to her because she was then kidnapped as well. They wo ...more
Denae Christine
Mar 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book about friendship. About hope and disappointment, and about pulling through when times are tough.
Jenny, the new girl, moves next door and shows Carey a truer meaning of friendship. When Jenny is kidnapped, Carey goes after her and gets caught as well.
By the end of the summer, it's Jenny, the blind girl, who helps Carey see.
Jill
Jan 04, 2010 added it
This book was a fav as a kid. Mom unknowing that it was mine got rid of my paperback copy (thank you very much) and so I went to the Library this weekend to check their copy to re-read. Want to see if it's everything I remember it to be.
Ms Threlkeld
Some of the language and references are very outdated (and the cover is just dreadful), but the story is entertaining, moves quickly, and helps readers understand what it can be like to be blind.
Sarahlynn
Nov 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Easy realistic fiction book, really short.
Shell Lonzo
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Saw this book again and was reminded of my childhood of sitting down and enjoying this book so much. This was one of my all time favorite books as a child.
MacKenzieLove
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! It relates to me in so many ways. I really did enjoy this book.
Kerri