Start by marking “Black Butler, Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Black Butler, Vol. 6

Black Butler, Vol. 6

(黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji] #6)

The cheer of the holidays has passed, but the Noah's Ark traveling circus has been making the rounds, bringing fun and joy to children of all ages. However, as the ringmaster's cries fade away, a disturbing trend begins to surface in the wake of the colourful entourage. Children seem to disappear whenever the circus packs up for its next destination, and there are no clues ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Yen Press (first published January 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Black Butler, Vol. 6, please sign up.
Q At about episode 15, the plot diverges from the manga. There is a Book of Circus and Book of Murder Anime adaptation out though which are taken from…moreAt about episode 15, the plot diverges from the manga. There is a Book of Circus and Book of Murder Anime adaptation out though which are taken from the manga.

Otherwise everything after episode 15 in season 1 is anime original.(less)

Julia
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This arc is so much fun =D
Yvensong
I find, as I read further into the series, that I am appreciating the tiny notes and nuances more and more, even though they are difficult to read with these old eyes. They are like the fine lines in a piece of artwork. You can enjoy the work of art without studying the the parts that make up the whole, yet the elegance of those parts are worth noting.

This volume takes us out of the streets of London and into the internal life of a circus. A circus that may hold the key to several missing child
Aliaa
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sebastian and the tiger were hilarious :D
Claire
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-2015
Sebastian and cats! Hilarious!

All I can picture is this:
Alexxy
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Sometimes I really wish I could unwatch the anime so that I would enjoy the manga more.

I love circuses and circus-themed books are my guilty pleasures. I also did love the third season of the anime (the circus related one) a lot. Its just that, knowing everything that's going to happen really spoils the fun of reading. Still, the art was breath taking and Sebastatian and Ciel were as amazing as always.

Now, on to the chapter to chapter analysis. Contains spoilers
(view spoiler)
Soñadora
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comienzo de un nuevo arco argumental que la verdad está muy interesante. Tengo muchas ganas de seguir con la trama. Los personajes nuevos me llaman mucho la atención.
Loremar96
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un arco de trama muy interesante y divertido , pienso que la cosa va a mejorar mucho y se descubrirá algo más del pasado de Ciel.

#LovesexydemonSebastian
Cate (The Professional Fangirl)
The Book of Circus arc! The anime had my favorite group of seiyuu ever. I can almost hear their voices as I read this volume. Especially Mamo-chan!

WATCH THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtuDS...
Miss Ryoko
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Okay, there really is no way to say this without sounding like a creep, so I'm just going to say it... DAMN Ciel looks sexy as HELL on the cover XD Haha, thank you Japan for making us all creepers :-p

I really liked the circus theme of this volume (and no surprise, the circus crew is a bunch of sexy bitches too). Of course, it had a good balance of seriousness and hilarity that I enjoy while reading this manga series. I can't wait to they all come out in the US and I buy them all so I can read th
Nerdish Mum
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and the art as usual was stunning. I think I'm going to enjoy this story arc within the series, I like the idea of the travelling circus and I look forward to finding out what exactly is going on with the missing children. Sebastian is such a great character, I wish I had a butler like him minus the whole demon thing.
Maria Kaye
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New content that wasn't in the anime. Finally ^-^
Fatemeh
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
این داستان سیرک رو دوست دارم.
+ چه عجب شیل یه تحرکی نشون داد از خودش :|
Annie
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, manga
Reseña completa-- http://bit.ly/2r5XwEK
Más mangas--- http://bit.ly/2oSbJo2

¿De qué va la historia? Nos remontamos a la antigua sociedad londinense con nuestro protagonista, un joven (creo que tiene entre 11 y 13 años) llamado Ciel Phantomhive, mejor conocido como el Conde Phantomhive o el Perro Guardián de la Reina. Ciel se quedo huérfano a muy temprana edad cuando su familia fue asesinada en un misterioso incendio, a raíz de esto el joven conde realizó un pacto con un demonio prometiéndole su al
Itzel
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En serio adoro ver a Ciel pretendiendo que nada lo afecta, pero que lo que realmente es, un niño aún, se deje ver por las cosas que le pasan.

Amé este tomo, ver sufrir a Ciel porque no sabe hacer cosas de personas comunes, la escena de Sebastian y la tigresa, la pésima infiltración de Suit, cómo se lleva con Sebastian. Y además tengo una debilidad por los circos así que más perfecto todavía.

(Además, me encantó la sección de Yana, pobrecita xD)
The circus arc is my favorite arc
Elias Alexander
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This volume was great. So much better than the last two. Feeling a lot more excited to continuing this series now.
Always Reading
3.5/5 Sternen
Achillia Herondale
The Art is so pretty I can't handle it... In times like this however I wish I could unwatch the anime so as to enjoy the story more...love it nevertheless
MissAnnThrope
17 January 2013

Ciel is sent on a mission to uncover the mystery of missing children in Black Butler, Vol. 6 . The children coincidentally disappear around the same time that the traveling Noah's Ark Circus arrives in town, so Ciel and Sebastian must go undercover to solve the case.

The mystery and humor was nicely balanced in this volume. I enjoyed Ciel's humbling training a little too much. I like to see him brought down a few notches because he always has a stick up his butt.

This volume was qu
Lanie
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
What is UP with the Undertaker?! I do not like him!

But! I do so love Ciel & Sebastian. :D Ciel is such a little brat, but with some very good reasons & Sebastian is just so bad ass, but so very polite while he does it. Is it weird to think a cartoon is sexy? Cause he really really is. :) loved seeing Ciel so far out of his element. Poor little guy, don't know how to do anything for himself. & having such a hard time. & that tiny flash back! :,( my heart hurts for him! But maybe d
K.
Ah, the circus. Tightrope walking, fire eaters, knife throwing, dangerous wild anim-

oh.

So Sebastian and Ciel infiltrate a circus on the Queen's orders in search of a large number of missing children. Ciel has to pass an "entrance test" to prove that he is worth taking on and Sebastian, wonder butler that is he, is all too happy to help Ciel keep his balance on the tightrope.

And then a wild reaper appears! As quite possibly the world's worst "spy". I legit snorted aloud when I saw this panel, th
Yue
I have always been attracted to circuses, so a circus + Sebastian + the grim reaper definitely deserves a 5 star rating. Sebastian is so natural as a member of the circus. And poor Ciel, it was so funny to watch him forced to be independent, not knowing how to cook, perform or dress! And I was not expecting the grim reaper in the same tent as Sebastian, nice surprise!

This was a very funny volume, I was laughing out loud several times. Wow, Sebastian between a girl's legs... Lucky girl! And when
Rena
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, series
I take it all back. Any and every foul word I ever uttered or thought while reading this. I take every single piece of it back right now. I absolutely love the Phantomhive servants! Ciel is clever and cold, but I adore him none the less. Sebastian is... growing on me. Hard to really learn to like a demon. But back to the servants. Most FANTASTIC beings ever!!!! Even if the mysteries are not your cup of tea. Read this simply for the shock value of the true potential of the Phantomhive servants. T ...more
Kelsey Hanson
The plot of this volume is a bit more exciting than the last volume. I'm glad that it's back to Ciel and his butler solving mysteries again. It ended in an exceptionally evil cliffhanger. I found this one a bit harder to follow due to some of the drawings which feature lots of movement, but overall it seems like the series is starting pick up again.
Danielle
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I devoured all six volumes that the library owns in four days. This ends in a cliffhanger. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW??

Faith
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga Lovers 'Round The World
Recommended to Faith by: Lindsey D.
Manga's end way too quickly...

I loved the illustrations of all the circus characters. Mmmmm I just eat it up like, like, some kind of magical cereal. I can't wait reading more of this circus segment of the B.B. series.

* -1 star for swearing ;)
Casey
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this manga!

...Except for the plentiful supply of sexism and sexual harassment. I could do without that. Sebastian, if you're such a gentleman, even if it is a devilish one, you should know better.
Christina
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, favorites
I love all the characters and cant wait to read more. Fabulous.
Gabi
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Okay, this just got really interesting. I love all these mysteries!!!

Reread: CIEL!!! My precious child! I love seeing him grow. And Snake! He is so intriguing.
  • Pandora Hearts, Volume 6
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. #4 (D.Gray-man, #4)
  • Godchild, Volume 04
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15)
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail.

黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji] (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 2 (Black Butler, #2)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 3 (Black Butler, #3)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 4 (Black Butler, #4)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 7 (Black Butler, #7)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)