Start by marking “The Companion Bible ” as Want to Read:
The Companion Bible

The Companion Bible

4.83  ·  Rating details ·  118 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A classic one-volume study Bible in the King James Version. Helps include: 198 appendices including explanations of Hebrew words and their use, charts, parallel passages, maps, lists of proper names, calendars, and timelines. Burgundy hardcover with 10 point font size.(Notes and appendices by E. W. Bullinger)
Hardcover, Large Print, 2154 pages
Published August 12th 1999 by Kregel Publications (first published April 9th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Companion Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Companion Bible

Mom
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
I started my studies of the Bible in the original languages in 1998. However, even though I have studied all books of the Bible, it is a continuing process. Each time I study one of the books again, I learn new things, understand things that I did not see in a prior study and continue to grow in the Word every day. I highly recommend this Companion Bible as it reveals more truths through the comments in the side margins and the indexes in the back. If you are interested, have any question or wou ...more
MyVa
Jul 16, 2009 added it
Don't be fooled by the title "The Companion" Bible. This King James, authorized 1611, version, is not a commentator Bible. The side margin gives in-dept understanding of the Hebrew and Greek language structure.
This version does NOT include comments/interpretation of the author (which I dislike with a passion).
But, don't stop there...look at the definition (of the Hebrew or Greek) word for yourself in the Strong's Concordance.
Susan
Sep 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I have learned so much from this english version because it refers back to the original hebrew and greek texts. It clarifies the meaning of certain words and phrases. It lets you know how the same verse was written in other texts such as the Septuagint among others. It has an appendix full of information that you cannot learn simply from reading the text. I study it almost daily and have learned more from my own study than any church ever taught me.
Samantha
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bible is the best book there is... and even though I've read it through many, many times, I find it can never be exhausted. I am always learning and growing through it. I especially recommend the Companion version as it contains wonderful side notes and appendices to help you understand as you read. This is especially helpful for those who are fairly new to reading the Bible.
Belinda Dickerson
Bullinger, an 1800's linguist, who helped Ginsburg with translation of the massorah footnotes which are included, that lock in the scriptures. Chapters are outlined. A great study tool for the student (novice/educated) who seeks in-depth study of the scriptures.
Jaclynn
Jan 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I learned again this year the importance of reading even just a little of God’s Word everyday. It comforts me, lifts me up, is a way for me to send praises forth to the Lord, and most of all helps me understand Him better and draws me closer to my Maker.
Darren
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I love this study Bible. It offers a lot of information that is very helpful. I would have given it 5 stars were it not for a few of Bullinger's highly unconventional views. However, for a serious Bible student already grounded in sound doctrine, this Bible is a winner.
Sue
Graet Bible!
Dan Haley
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bibles
One of the most valuable study tools around! Mr Bullinger is exhaustive in his appendices and research.
Angela
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Knowledge

The Companion Bible is a wonderful tool to help anyone who wants to know the truth of God's Word. A must have!
Samantha
I read my Bible through every year :), but I especially like the Companion version. If you haven't heard of it, I think you should look into it! As always, I highly recommend reading through the Bible every year or even in a period of 6 months or less. It is well worth it and yes, somewhat challenging at times. Contains a total of 66 books- 39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament

Update April 2011:
I finished The Bible on April 23rd.
With the 90 day plan, I should have finished on the
Ron Ancell
I have an regular size , indexed version that I like but, the print size is a problem so I ordered a Large Print version , unfortunately the large Version did not have an Index feature.
Other than that problem with Indexes and small print, I like the Companion Bible with the Appendices .
I have and in my right eye so I need larger print size. I would like to see Kreger offer the Appendices as an additional compatible book with the Companion in order to increase the print size.
The last item that
Simona
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only reason l give only 3 stars is because the print is so tiny.
I did buy the large print btw.
You are best of reading his Bible online.
Laura M Tibbs