Start by marking “Routledge Philosophy Guidebook to Hegel and the Phenomenology of Spirit” as Want to Read:
Routledge Philosophy Guidebook to Hegel and the Phenomenology of Spirit

Routledge Philosophy Guidebook to Hegel and the Phenomenology of Spirit

The Phenomenology of Spirit is Hegel's most important and famous work. It is essential to understanding Hegel's philosophical system and why he remains a major figure in Western Philosophy.
This GuideBook introduces and assesses:
* Hegel's life and the background to the Phenomenology of Spirit
* the ideas and the text of the Phenomenology of Spirit
* the continuing importance
Published December 14th 2001 by Routledge (first published November 22nd 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about Routledge Philosophy Guidebook to Hegel and the Phenomenology of Spirit

Melika Khoshnezhad
دومین باری بود که این کتاب رو میخوندم. بخش دیالکتیک ابژه و دیالکتیک سوژه رو از خود پدیدارشناسی خوندم، ولی مابقی رو صرفاً از این تفسیر ازش اطلاعاتی دارم. پدیدارشناسی ترجمهی خوبی به فارسی نداره و کتاب بهشدت دشوار و سختفهمی هم هست، بنابراین خوندن تفسیری در کنارش بهنظرم قطعاً لازمه و این یکی از بهترین تفسیرهاست. روانه ولی سادهسازی بیشازحد نشده که جان کلام کشته شه.
اما دربارهی خود هگل، من شدیداً مخالف این باور هگلم که جهان ساختاری سراسر عقلانی داره و فقط کافیه ما به شیوهی درست بهش نگاه کنیم تا ساختار
Brian
Nov 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: philosophy
If one is going to tackle Hegel, this may be the way to do it. I enjoyed this companion guide as I was not interested in reading the difficult and dated text of Hegel. There are a few excellent analogies and quotations from other philosophers which do a trtemendously good job of explaining the phenomenology of spirit. I now have a decent grip on this much of Hegel's philosophy, why it is useful, and why it is outdated.
Alina W.
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I first tried reading Hegel's Phenomenology straight up; this was futile. I then looked for a summary of Hegel's main arguments, to prepare for the original, and found Stern's text. While I cannot evaluate how well Stern captures Hegel, since I haven't yet read the original, I can comment on some of its features. Stern's writing is well-structured and readable, and he touches on most of the topics in Hegel's work; but he leaves unclear what Hegel's actual ideas are.

The first chapter provides a
Seyed
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the best text to help understand the PoS I've found. I recommend reading the PoS first, section by section, then read this guidebook. Then go back to the specific paragraphs this guidebook mentions and reread them in the text.
Olivia Colville
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: academic
I don’t enjoy Hegel, but if you have to read the Phenomenology of Spirit, this is a good way to get through it. This is a very helpful guide through a difficult book.
M.J. Mandoki
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a must-have book to understand Hegel's work. It makes it much easier to understand The Phenomenology of Spirit, if a person reads this book first!
Dave Gaughran
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good intro to this book.
Effie
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the introduction part of the book, even though i had difficulties translating into Greek.
Michael Wyatt