Start by marking “100 Bullets, Vol. 6: Six Feet Under the Gun” as Want to Read:
100 Bullets, Vol. 6: Six Feet Under the Gun

100 Bullets, Vol. 6: Six Feet Under the Gun (100 Bullets #6)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  3,387 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
This sixth trade paperback features six stand-alone chapters, each focused on one of the story's main players: Dizzy, Cole, Benito, Lono, Graves, and Wylie. And behind each individual's story, the war between Shepherd and Graves continues to escalate, and the uneasy alliance of the 13 Families continues to fracture. Featuring an introduction by fan-favorite writer Greg Ruc ...more
Published October 1st 2003 by Vertigo (first published September 2003)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Bullets, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Bullets, Vol. 6

M Al Yahmadi
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime
Well, I think that I'm too old for comic books!
Jeff
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
For this reader, the sixth volume of 100 Bullets is the best one so far. While there is no strong central narrative at work this time around, the volume does succeed mightily in advancing the larger meta-narrative of 100 Bullets. And to top it off, Eduardo Risso is in unusually fine form when it comes to the artwork. He manages to go beyond eye candy into the realm of genuinely thought-provoking layout and graphic presentation. What is most remarkable about 100 Bullets as a series is the fact th ...more
Brian Longtin
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
At this point in the series, as they say, "Shit just got real."
Terry
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Six stories, each primarily about a single character - Dizzy, Cole, Benito, Lono, Graves, and Wylie. Because it has been a while since I started the series, I'm a touch hazy on some of the antecedents to this collection. The dialogue seemed a bit more stylized, the outcomes at range from terminal to ambiguous, and the art remains remarkable. Still enjoying this, even as it rambles about a bit.
Annie
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brian K Vaughn is a new fav. I love this series because it is so balanced. There's not too much of Hundred using his powers, not too many outlandishly grotesque or awkward moments (although they are there to season the stew), and not too much history or backstory fighting for attention. There's just enough of everything, and by everything I mean the things that don't make it into most graphic novel stories, things that make it worth being a graphic novel as opposed to just prose. Very expressiv ...more
Emily Green
Oct 04, 2012 rated it liked it
In 100 Bullets: Six Feet under the Gun Brian Azzarello presents five vignettes which use both recurring characters and those we will never see again. The volume begins with a tale of Dizzy going home, in which she not only does not find what she is looking for but she also discovers her old friends muddling in a state of which she does not approve, though the alternative seems outrageously difficult. Confronted with the near impossibility of working their way out of poverty, Dizzy sees that most ...more
Travis
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This collection of single issue stories has some truly outstanding moments for the 100 Bullets series. Each story focuses (sort of) on a single character, which I think really helps each story since my usual complaint is the sprawling interconnected plots and casts.

Dizzy's story starts off the volume weak, though. It's a very familiar retread of the old "can't go home again" tale.

Cole's tale was much better and revisits his ex-fiance from his "origin" story. The transition panels between the par
JK
Jan 15, 2015 rated it liked it
In this volume, Azzarello revisits the stories of six characters we have met before. In doing so, he allows us more insight into their motivations, and successfully foreshadows the direction of the plot. Although there doesn't seem to be any plot direction here, the exploration of the characters does it job in creating tension, and driving the story into unknown territory.

The artwork in this volume was particularly attractive, and I'd go as far to say the contribution of the artists here was mor
Craig Williams
Nov 15, 2011 rated it liked it
I started reading 100 Bullets in college, but stopped collecting the trades due to... well, interest in other titles really. The premise is really clever, the characters are memorable, and the artwork... Eduardo Risso's artwork is outstanding. Risso's contemporary noir style suits Brian Azzarello's gritty writing so perfectly it'd be hard to imagine this series without it. Speaking of Azzarello, the guy does a great job of getting the dialect of his characters perfect, but personally, I can't st ...more
Angel
Another excellent collection. In this volume, Azzarello takes us back to some of the characters we have been exploring. The collection is a set of stories each focused on a character in the series. In one, Dizzy finds out there is a price for her new life when she tries go back home. We get a story of Lone and Graves, and some others. Each one is very good with a blend of the high level conspiracy and the low level street stories we have come to enjoy from this series. And then, there is that re ...more
Erik
Dec 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
In Six Feet Under the Gun, Azzarello shakes things up a little in his mega-narrative. That is, instead of multi-issue story-arcs, he delivers instead six single issue stories; each devoted to a single character – all of whom have appeared in this series previously. Needless to say, the mere fact that he turns individual spotlights back on Dizzy, Cole, Benito, Lono, Graves, and Wylie all belie the importance that they will no doubt play when this series escalates to its fevered and long-promised ...more
M
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Azzarello takes a break from story arcs in this volume, allowing some of his players to get a little more screen time. Dizzy continues to explore the mystery behind Graves and his misson, Cole and Wylie explore their Minuteman pasts, Benito handles a family matter, and we get a peek behind the curtain at Agent Graves himself. A nice set of stand-alone tales to help interweave the 100 Bullets cast.
Felix
Jul 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A nice series of one-shots, each taking a more detailed look at the background and motivations of one of the main characters: Dizzy, Cole, Benito, Lono, Graves and Wylie. Though the focus of these single issues lies on characterisation Azzarello manages at the same time to let the series gather momentum and raising the tension. The intrigues between the various factions inside and outside the Trust become clearer and some characters are caught in the crossfire...
Du4
Feb 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, crime
Now that the series is in its stride, Azzarello takes some time to tell a series of one-shot stories about the important pieces of his 100 Bullets chess game. This volume is also where we first hear Graves' and Shephard's code names for the Minutemen: The Rain, The Dog, The Monster, The Saint, and so forth. And since we have not yet seen or ID'd all the Minutemen at this point, it's fun for the reader to try and match the names with the characters.
Brendan Nicholls
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This chapter was well written with a lot of setting up for further stories. It comes of the noir and brilliant previous chapter so it some sense it was disappointing. I enjoyed a story that isn't full of pointless setting up and I think the series needed this chapter to setup for the next arc. I'm half way through the series and I don't predict the conclusion but I'm interested enough in this series to keep going to find out what is going to happen.
Zoli
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The pieces of Brian Azzarello's puzzle seem to be coming together slowly. While this is yet another volume that's more of helping bringing forward the story than something else, it's adding some important pieces to the bigger picture, as well as killing one of the characters and building up some future kills. Definitely another volume you have to read to get to know the whole story, but I liked it.
Robert Wright
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Stand-alone stories fill in around the edges of existing characters. A welcome respite from the propulsive pace of the storyline. Knowing Azzarello, this is just the calm before the storm.

Not a great intro to the series, as its very much dependent on some reader familiarity, but I good entry in the overall story trajectory.
Kelly
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
I get so confused reading these novels. So many characters. So many cross overs and faces, so many relationships and so many goodies/badies.

I can't remember it all. I love the short stories we get within the books though, the individual characters that are shown, how they have ended up where they are and how they get out.
Cameron
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Again really good everything. This volume could only be carried out in a well established story that knows where it is going. 6 1-episode stories about main characters setting them up for longer archs. If this was any other comic it would be a 5 star, but I can only give this 4 as the series has hit higher notes earlier on.

Joseph
Jun 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of the things I love about 100 Bullets is the ease with which it transitions from a long, complicated arc to smaller character pieces. Azzarello seems completely comfortable telling a wide variety of stories, and in a wide variety of styles.
Matt
Aug 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
A lot of different one-shots of various characters. The word play slows me down so I have to focus, which I like.
I like the moral of one of the stories: if you're gonna do something bad, do it or don't. Hesitation makes you lose.
waits4thebus
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Taking the time to add depth to characters whether they are good or bad, gives you a chance to risk attachment & be elated or heartbroken later. This story continues to engage and enrage at the same time.
Trey
Dec 14, 2011 rated it liked it
This volume is missing the traditional multi-issue "give someone a gun and 100 untraceable bullets" plot, instead using each issue to shed more light on one of the mysterious figures introduced in previous volumes, while simultaneously advancing the background plot of Agent Graves versus the Trust.
Mark Desrosiers
Nov 10, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Here's where all hell starts breaking loose. Or all hell starts getting conjured anyway. I usually love Agent Graves because he seems omniscient: here he seems to be frowning in the only directions he can think of, thinking on his feet.
Sharon
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
(Almost) everybody gets a story here. You can't go home again, and you might not really want to, either.
I am more in awe of the art in this collection than in a few of the previous ones. I'm not sure why; maybe it has more to say here.
Taylor
Feb 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
The collected issues in this volume are a series of character studies that are all quite illuminating...this series just gets better and better. On the surface the storytelling appear to be over the top but there so many subtle touches that really elevate this series above so many others.
William Thomas
Nov 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
the more i read of these, no matter how good they are, i can't get past the fact that more and more, the inbetween stories feel like the Stray Bullets stories david lapham penned almost 15 years ago.
Jason
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best in the series so far, and I can honestly say that none of these collected volumes has been weak...
Allison
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the vignettes on Dizzy, Graves and Cole in particular.
Jdetrick
The exact opposite of the previous trade, this one is made up for all single issue stories, but that means more answers and pulling back the curtain, which is always cool.
  • DMZ, Vol. 4: Friendly Fire
  • Scalped, Vol. 6: The Gnawing (Scalped, #6)
  • Criminal, Vol. 2: Lawless (Criminal, #2)
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 5: Smoke, Smoke (Ex Machina, #5)
  • Gotham Central, Vol. 2: Half a Life
Brian Azzarello (born in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American comic book writer. He came to prominence with 100 Bullets, published by DC Comics' mature-audience imprint Vertigo. He and Argentine artist Eduardo Risso, with whom Azzarello first worked on Jonny Double, won the 2001 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story for 100 Bullets #15–18: "Hang Up on the Hang Low".

Azzarello has written for Batman ("B
More about Brian Azzarello...

100 Bullets (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call