Start by marking “100 Bullets, Vol. 2: Split Second Chance” as Want to Read:
100 Bullets, Vol. 2: Split Second Chance

100 Bullets, Vol. 2: Split Second Chance (100 Bullets #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  6,096 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
Written by Brian Azzarello; Art by Eduardo Risso, and Dave Johnson The second trade paperback in the 100 BULLETS line, this book resumes the tale of the mysterious Agent Graves who offers ordinary wronged people the opportunity to kill with impunity using 100 bullets that he supplies them with. But even as Agent Graves continues to approach and manipulate his "clients," qu ...more
Published December 1st 2000 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about 100 Bullets, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Bullets, Vol. 2

Logan
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ya not really doing it for me! So I gave 3 stars for vol 1, it wasn't anything great, but I thought I would give volume 2 a chance, anddddddddddddddd they lost me! The problem is a lot of my gripes from the first volume continue into this one. The main premise of the book is kind of interesting but not too much; the art is absolutely fugly; and the characters aren't really interesting. This volume continues the method, of it switching between characters, each characters story only lasts 2-3 issu ...more
Sesana
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Volume two spends a bit more time delving into Agent Graves's identity and backstory, but only enough to add even more questions. I think I'm hooked to that mystery. But the writing is a little lacking for me. Too much dialect, too much fanservice. That said, Heartbreak Sunnyside Up is a real gut punch, devastatingly effective. It's the horrible, almost understated bright spot in the whole collection.
BellaGBear
In this book it becomes a bit more clear what the overall story arc is going to be, but somehow it still reads as an experiment into improvisation from the writer. The story, for now, lacks direction, which is a shame because the idea behind the story seems interesting with the bullets allowing people to avenge themselves. Also the characters were promising. Still, I think I'll give up this book because the idea of picking up volume 3 tires me, and that is a bad sign.
M. Ashraf
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 100-bullets
This is much more interesting than the first volume.
The cases are more fun. One of them opened a path to the organization we get to know a little about Agent Graves, the Minutemen and The Trust.
The ice-cream man ending was a twist.
Tina's story was horrible, the whole setting was weird especially telling it over an apple pie :/
I do not like the artwork.
To the next volume...
Colin McKay Miller
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso’s 100 Bullets: Volume 2: Split Second Chance takes the series in the right direction.

If you’re unfamiliar with 100 Bullets, it’s got a great premise: Throughout the 100 issues, the mysterious Agent Graves approaches people who’ve had their lives ruined by nefarious means. The victims get info on who did them wrong, a handgun with 100 untraceable bullets, and full immunity for whatever revenge they want to take, be it on one person or the whole unsuspecting worl
Ryan Mishap
May 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
Premise: A man named Agent Graves hands some ne-er-do-well an attache case containing a pistol, 100 bullets, and documentation that someone done them wrong--using these to kill the wrongdoer will result in no punishment, ever.

Thus begins a gritty, foul-mouthed, blood-soaked series that is as intriguing as it is trashy. While this second collection opens up the story a bit more--who is Graves, this Shepard guy who may or may not work for him, how does he get this authority--the gross caricatures
Andrew
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Slightly better than the first one, mostly because of the ice-cream-man story, but not by much. Azzarello seems drawn to that same cheap-hack-writing trick of punishing dogs to make the bad guys seem even badder. Either that, or the writer just hates dogs. Either way, the tactic isn't redeemed; highly overrated in my opinion, but then again, so many people like this series that I'll just stop reading (which is what one does when one doesn't like something) and move on to something elese.
Joe
Mar 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
i'm glad i kept reading this. the first volume wasn't very strong and i hated the dialog but it picks up in a big way in the second volume and a big part of it is risso's artwork. he's such a fantastic storyteller and is perfect for the book. i wish it was in black and white though.. the colors kinda detract from the storytelling and do risso's bold contrasting blacks and whites no justice for the most part.
Desiree
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Oooooo It's starting to get good. The conspiracy is starting to come out, and I am fully intrigued as to where this is all going. I also enjoy the little one issue stories that carry the colume along. I'm just waiting for the 3rd volume.
Lisa
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm done for. This is so good.
  • Scalped, Vol. 5: High Lonesome (Scalped, #5)
  • Criminal, Vol. 2: Lawless (Criminal, #2)
  • DMZ, Vol. 6: Blood in the Game
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 8: Dirge (Transmetropolitan, #8)
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 5: Smoke, Smoke (Ex Machina, #5)
Brian Azzarello (born in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American comic book writer. He came to prominence with 100 Bullets, published by DC Comics' mature-audience imprint Vertigo. He and Argentine artist Eduardo Risso, with whom Azzarello first worked on Jonny Double, won the 2001 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story for 100 Bullets #15–18: "Hang Up on the Hang Low".

Azzarello has written for Batman ("B
More about Brian Azzarello...

100 Bullets (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 8: The Hard Way
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 9: Strychnine Lives
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 10: Decayed
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 11: Once Upon a Crime
“You know what happens when you ask too many questions, Dizzy? Someone will ultimately tell you to shut the fuck up. (Mr. Branch)” 2 likes