Start by marking “Knowing God, Knowing Myself: An Invitation to Daily Discovery” as Want to Read:
Knowing God, Knowing Myself: An Invitation to Daily Discovery

Knowing God, Knowing Myself: An Invitation to Daily Discovery

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Best-selling author Cecil Murphey ("90 Minutes in Heaven," "Christmas Miracles"), has enraptured countless readers with his lyrical style and deft storytelling, selling millions of books and winning numerous awards. Yet behind the scenes of his successful career, Murphey is on a personal quest for a deeper knowledge of God and himself. Out of this thirst for the transcende ...more
Published December 29th 2010 by Gospel Light Publications (first published December 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Knowing God, Knowing Myself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knowing God, Knowing Myself

Chris
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift. From the first story, God spoke to me regarding a situation I was in the middle of dealing with. There were many parts of this book that made me face my own sin or wrong thinking.

Cec Murphy presents himself as a vulnerable "work in progress" in order to help us identify with our own life struggles. For that some would say he is judging. I say he is willing to be judged so we might see the painful process God may require of us in order to shed bad behavior that hol
Ava Pennington
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Knowing God, Knowing Myself is an intensely personal book for both the author (Cecil Murphey) and the reader. The back copy notes, "Murphey is known for turns of phrase that startle the reader out of 'common wisdom' into 'uncommon reflection'..." and this especially applies to Knowing God, Knowing Myself. I saw myself on just about every page and started my own list of Cec's aphorisms before I realized he included a convenient list at the end of the book.

I highly recommend Knowing God, Knowing
Cheryl
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
While this should have been his insight into learning about himself and his relationship with God, I felt it was boastful. He places judgements on people he has known in life claiming it is to better understand them. I feel I would not like this man if I met him.
Beth Brandt
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

Thought provoking and inspiring words to live by. It was a quick read . I would definitely recommend this book
Virginia Pillars
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not sure the dates I read this, but gained insight into myself.
Gail Poag Smith
Aug 08, 2017
Betty Van liere
Jul 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Cecil Murphey has written or coauthored more than one hundred books, including the autobiography of Franklin Graham, Rebel with a Cause. A collaborator on the bestseller Gifted Hands with Dr. Ben Carson, Cecil resides in Georgia.
More about Cecil Murphey...