Start by marking “Wanted” as Want to Read:
Wanted

Wanted

Diane Wellman was in the wrong place at the wrong time. On patrol one hot night in Texas, she happened across the scene of a chilling multiple murder. An idealistic young police officer, Diane questions the nature of the open-and-shut case. She knows the prosecutor has put an innocent man in prison for the crime. And Diane saw someone else that night.

Gail Rubin has been i
Published September 1st 2004 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanted

Elly
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Ik las eigenlijk van deze schrijfster het boek: De aanklacht. Maar omdat dit niet voorkomt in de databank heb ik deze beschrijving maar even gepikt.
De aanklacht gaat over een structureel door haar (voor de buitenwereld uitermate charmant overkomende) echtgenoot mishandelde vrouw.
hij mishandelt haar niet alleen geestelijk en lichamelijk, maar isoleert haar ook volledig van haar familie en vrienden. Hij dreigt met moord van niet alleen haar zelf, maar ook van haar familie als zij dreigt weg te lop
Robin
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, enjoyable, fast read. I’m not sure why it has several bad reviews. Yes, it was an improbable scenario but it was fun. The writing was descriptive and the author did a good job of weaving the characters thoughts into the story line. Couldn't put it down.

Diane was a very bright police officer. It should have been obvious to her who had set her up. It was obvious to this reader. However, the author kept the reader guessing as to whether Gail’s friends could be trusted and whether Re
Julie Lauer Anderson
Jan 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
What a frustrating book. It was an ok story, but the premise was not believable...that these two cellmates would escape together after knowing each other for a nanosecond and then try to stick together on the run. Gail's storyline was weird - she has been in prison for 18 years, yet has this group of people waiting to help her escape, yet they have never contacted her in 18 years?! And, someone from her network was obviously ratting them out, but the Author never followed up on that storyline... ...more
Deanna
Jan 02, 2008 rated it did not like it
It took me just over a month to finally finish this book. Needless to say, I didn't really like it. I should've quit reading after the first few chapters, but for some reason I just kept reading... slowly, but I kept at it. I guess it was because, on the cover of the book someone named Tess Gerritsen said "Will blow you away". Hmph. I wasn't blown away at all!

A couple chapters in, the book takes a sudden turn. Totally unexpected and not very believable, in my opinion.

I wouldn't recommend this b
Gj
Jul 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
nice premise. the author seemed to feel she had to hammer some points repeatedly. there were a lot of unanswered questions at the end of the story. but it's an easy read; you can pick it up and put it down.
Meghan
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Author must be in la la land cause this book dosnt happen in the real world. I felt that is was a little far fetched. I liked the idea the book was heading in the beginning then it took a turn than ruined the whole thing. Id try another of this author to see if I like it better.
Lindasueanne
Oct 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Quick read, not bad.
Denisa
Another rating: 8/10
Daelith
Apr 30, 2008 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: borrowed
Another one I just could not get interested in.
Gil Reavill
Jul 16, 2008
Nereida
Sep 21, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
KIM WOZENCRAFT is the author of five novels, including the internationally best-selling Rush, which was adapted into a major motion picture starring Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Her work has appeared in The Best American Essays, Texas Monthly, the Los Angeles Times, and numerous literary magazines and anthologies. She was executive editor at Prison Life magazine and has written for HBO Films. Kim holds a