Start by marking “Entangled (Fredrickson Winery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Entangled (Fredrickson Winery, #1)

Entangled

(Fredrickson Winery #1)

A Minneapolis attorney inherits a small California winery, reawakening memories that have lain dormant for twenty years. One summer of her childhood is a mystery she intends to solve. But digging up her past also lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother’s. Entangled between what she once believed and a new reality, will she be able to live with the consequen ...more
Published September 6th 2010 (first published January 1st 2010)

Start your review of Entangled (Fredrickson Winery, #1)
Barbara Brink
Sep 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Entangled is mystery, romance, mother/daughter issues, and repressed memories, all fermenting at a California winery. Where else can you get a great vintage for so little!
Taste and enjoy!

Available as an ebook or paperback. Hope you'll check it out.

Thanks,
Barbara
Loraine
SUMMARY: A Minneapolis attorney inherits a small California winery, reawakening memories that have lain dormant for twenty years. One summer of her childhood is a mystery she intends to solve. But digging up her past also lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother’s. Entangled between what she once believed and a new reality, will she be able to live with the consequences of full disclosure?

REVIEW: This is the first book in Brink's Frederickson Winery Series. I love books set in win
Nike Chillemi
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes long past memories are like ghosts coming back to haunt us.

Minneapolis divorce attorney, Wilhelmina "Billie" Fredrickson, inherits her adventurer uncle's Californian winery. She's determined not to leave her present life by moving to the left coast. She's merely going to attend to all the legal details and then put the winery on the market. She soon begins having the reoccurring nightmares she used to have as a girl after a boy in her high school attempted to rape her at a drunken part
Michelle
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: forpleasure, e-books

The cover is kind of dark, so I'm not fond of it, but it does show that there is some darkness to this suspenseful novel. However, a light shining through the grape leaves would have depicted the heart of the story more, because the light from discovering the truth casts away the darkness and provides healing. While this story had its terrifying moments, it left me feeling good at the end because of the resolution and healing message that was (thank God) not sappy or forced. I loved that. Quite
Nancy
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
What an absolute jumbled mess. There is a possibility that this would have made an adequate short story, but somewhere along the way, Barbara Ellen Brink was told to add a little here and a little more there and we will call it a book.

A very bad idea.

Ms. Brink will add long meanderings that add absolutely nothing to the story. Her main character arrives as a wine novice and then suddenly waxes on about wines with no training, skill or gained knowledge and poof she is a winemaker. No. If you are
Debra
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Twenty-eight-year-old attorney Billie Fredrickson is shocked to learn that she’s inherited her Uncle Jack’s winery in the Napa Valley. Billie only met Jack once and that was twenty years ago during a family vacation. She doesn’t have any clear memories of the winery or Jack, but when she returns for his funeral, Billie has recurring nightmares she thought she’d put behind her. Why have the nightmares returned, and why are winery employees, including its handsome lawyer, reluctant to answer some ...more
Dava Stewart
Feb 27, 2012 rated it liked it
I may be giving this one an extra star just because it's way better than the book I read right before this one. It did keep me interested, but there are some problems:

-the regular old typos that show up so frequently in ebooks - in one paragraph the word "winery's" was used when it should have been "wineries" twice, but then it was correct the third time. There were actually quite a few apostrophe errors. When those kinds of things occur often enough to detract from the story, it's a problem.

-th
Shannon
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book had the potential of being really good, but I found it boring because it was so predictable with monotonous discriptive dialogue. I had the mystery figured out almost right away.
Marie (UK)
protracted story line just not for me
Tracy Smith
Will read at another time
Tocci
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Suspense

A good mystery that keeps you guessing. The clues are misleading on purpose. All is untangled .... if a bit much.....at the end.
Maryam
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-reads
Started the book as a lazy plane reading but eventually liked the story of middle aged woman revisiting and tackling her past demons on a California winery. Downsides lack of character depth and store pace could have been better along with more imagery of vineyards and California landscape.
Glynis Smy
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am not a huge fan of prologues. They have to have a great hook to draw me into them. I skip to the first chapter. Entangled has a wonderful prologue. It drew me in, I wanted to know more.

For years I’ve had nightmares. They started when I was fifteen--after the night Paul
attacked me and tried to rape me. I dream of wine, and blood, and a desperate struggle.

The nightmares relating to the attack and blood, I thought, yes I would have those dreams. Wine? I had to read more to find out why someone
R.G. Phelps
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
What is the whole story about Billie's inheritance?

Barbara Brink's storyline seemed so simple at the beginning when her main character Billie inherited the Fredrickson Winery. But, it took awhile for the memories of Billie's visit to the winery when she was eight to come totally back to her. All of her memories of another eight year old, Handy, also took time to unfold. Barbara's book, Entangled, was appropriately titled as you will soon see as your reading progresses. I was certain I'd solved t
Romancing the Book
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Review by Zita

Synopsis: Minneapolis attorney inherits a small California winery, reawakening memories that have lain dormant for twenty years. One summer of her childhood is a mystery she intends to solve. But digging up her past also lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother’s. Entangled between what she once believed and a new reality, will she be able to live with the consequences of full disclosure?

I very much enjoyed this mystery. It was easy to engage with the main protagonis
Sheri
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Entangled (Barbara Brink)
Mystery/Romance

An attorney from Minnesota (Billie) learns she inherited a winery from her recently deceased uncle, so she goes to California to try and settle the estate.

Soon she is reunited with people from her past, also with nightmares of an unmentionable event that happens there when she was a child. As she struggles to figure out what her nightmare means, she starts to unravel family secrets.

There is a love/hate relationship with her mother and a potential romance w
ValerieC
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
A good thriller/mystery. Well worth reading and I will be looking for the next book about the Fredrickson Winery.

A few things about the relationship between Jack, Sean Parker, Simone, and her husband didn't add up if you think about them carefully, but if you don't, the plot works pretty well. This lack of clear explanation kept me from enjoying the story as much as I would have otherwise.

The author also made a one-time mistake with Handel's car that had me wondering for a while how many he own
Lynelle Clark
The elegant writing within this book was just a joy to read. The easy and orderly fashion allowed each word to flow with a rhythmic pace, keeping you glued to the story.
And what a story. It is unique and from a different point of view without the violence one would expect with the topic. But subtle and empathic as the author takes you into the mind of an abused child from the eyes of a grown-up.

Once I started with the book, I simply good not put it down.
This book has been on my Kindle for seven
Deb
Mar 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Mystery with a little romance set in Wine Country. Divorce attorney Wilhelmina (Billie) Fredrickson inherits a winery from her uncle and leaves Minnesota to settle the details in California. Something happened there the summer Billie was eight and she has repressed the memories but they start to come back as she begins to dig up the past. I got this book free on Kindle and enjoyed it--good plot and characters got me involved and it had some good twists and suspense, and really, who doesn't secre ...more
Maddie
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading "Entangled" I certainly did not excpect the quailty of reading that i got, for free on my kindle. This book was really just a great book, dark and twisted but romantic and almost fairytale like. The setting of a vinyard just made it ever so spectacular for both sides, creepy and sweet. Brabra Ellen Brink is a fabulous writer, and because of this book, she has a reader for life.
A.K. Klemm
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Brink sucked me in slowly, over many pages and layers upon layers of mystery. Well done.

I’ll be picking grapes tomorrow. Maybe even having some wine later in the season. For sure, I’ll be reading Crushed (book two in the Fredrickson Winery Saga) in the future. There’s too many secrets at Fredrickson not to go back.

Read my full review here: http://anakalianwhims.wordpress.com/2...
Danielle
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
A woman with a complicated past inherits a vineyard in California. I had a suspicion from the cover art what the root of the story was about--and the story makes it obvious to the reader what happened in her childhood. However, there is more to this novel than that. I liked the main characters and I liked seeing their relationships with each other--not simple at all.
Eileen
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fast paced and fun read. Considering the topic of child abuse, I really enjoyed this novel. I loved how the author really painted a clear picture of the world she created with such detail, it seemed like you were there. Highly recommended.
liirogue
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! It was a lot different than I expected. The mystery/thriller part didn't really start until the last quarter. It's much more of a family relationship drama up to that point. The main character can be annoying, but comes across as realistic.
Lori Staples
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Entangled was a good read full of suspense, mystery, psychological issues and a genuine love story. I enjoyed it, but would have appreciated some deeper character development- it was as we always stayed just under the surface. Overall entertaining and enjoyable!
Ellie
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book was free on Amazon. I'm glad it was free because it's definitely not my thing. The concept was interesting at first, but it turned into a Christian Lifetime movie which is definitely not for me (probably should have read the author bio first, which would have steered me away from it).
Susan
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
When lawyer Billie inherits her late uncle's California winery and house, she and her mother travel west to take care of things. Her original plan is to sell it and get back to Minneapolis and her law firm. But childhood memories of a visit to Uncle Jack's winery begin to surface, and she begins having nightmares again, although she can remember few details. After a break-in at the winery, and prowlers around her house, she is determined to get to the bottom of things and begins unearthing long- ...more
Shirley
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author developed her main character, Billie, early in the book, giving her a bit of a dark side. As I read further into the book, I realized Billie had suffered from traumatic events in her past and built a wall around herself for protection. Her mother hovers, as mothers tend to do, worried her nightmares will send her into a deep depression again. Billie's emotional state is tested as memories resurface at a winery willed to her by her late uncle. It's there she renews a friendship with a ...more
Elba M
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Entangled is a book that practically everyone can read. The drama is very simple, although I did not predict the ending. Is a book with no sex and dirty language. I was disappointed that there wasn't any more information about wines except that the book was set in a winery. And the author never told us why the two brothers had that awful right and never spoke again.

Entangled is a book that practically everyone can read. The drama is very simple, although I was surprised by the ending. Is a book
Natalie
Apr 10, 2020 added it
Shelves: books-i-own, kindle
I'm not going to spoil the plot of this. I just want to warn readers. This book really should have a content/trigger warning.

First of all, there's an attempted date rape of a high schooler.

Secondly, as an adult, the woman begins having issues related to that attack but as she describes her nightmares more, I start to wonder if she was abused as a child. Whether or not she was is covered later in the book and I won't spoil it. Just the way it was written made me question if her attempted rape wa
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Free Book Cha...: Entangled, by Barbara Ellen Brink 2 4 Oct 26, 2012 10:08PM

• Chancey Jobs (Chancey #4)
  • Drawing Free
  • When Noonday Ends (Southern Suspense, #4)
  • Coming Home (Sisters in a Small Town, #1)
  • Sisters (Sun Valley #1)
  • The Stationmaster's Cottage (River's End Mystery Romance #1)
  • Meant to Be
  • Maggie's Way (Montana Bound, #1)
  • The Depth of Beauty (The Golden City, #2)
  • A Veil Removed (Henrietta and Inspector Howard, #4)
  • The Bend in Redwood Road (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Going Home (Chandler Hill Inn, #1)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Montana Riverbend #2)
  • Strangers Like Us (Reunion Gap #1)
  • Coming to Rosemont
  • A Spoonful of Sugar (The Bachelor Bake-Off Book 2)
  • Blue Midnight (Blue Mountain, #1)
  • The Rancher's Secret Love (The Montana McGregor Brothers, #2)
Barbara is a multi-published author of mystery, suspense, and young adult. Her Fredrickson Winery Novels have been on the best-seller lists multiple times, and her Christian thriller, Split Sense, won the Grace Award in 2012. Again in 2016, she won the Grace Award with the 3rd book of her Double Barrel Mysteries, Much Ado About Murder.
Barbara grew up on a small farm in Washington State, but now li

Fredrickson Winery (3 books)
  • Crushed (Fredrickson Winery, #2)
  • Savor: A Fredrickson Winery Novel

News & Interviews

“Time passes so slowly in a waiting room, as if all the wasted minutes of your life have been recycled and you are forced to endure them over again.” 3 likes