Start by marking “Pippi Langstrumpf” as Want to Read:
Pippi Langstrumpf

Pippi Langstrumpf (Pippi Långstrump #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  135,581 Ratings  ·  2,785 Reviews
Wer kennt sie nicht: Pippilotta Viktualia Rollgardina Pfefferminz Efraimstochter Langstrumpf, die wohl bekannteste Figur von Astrid Lindgren. Sie macht, was sie will, ist stärker, als die Polizei erlaubt, und hat vor nichts und niemandem Angst. Seit sie im Nachbarhaus wohnt, gibt es für Tommy und Annika keine Langeweile mehr.
Hardcover, Farbige Ausgabe, 140 pages
Published 2007 by Oetinger (first published 1945)

Elyse
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in bed - again -today with some type of nasty bug - a relapse from last week...a traveling flu bug? cold? allergies? It's now in my chest...
Right when I'm reading the interview on Goodreads from Fredrick Backman about his new-HIT- novel BEARTOWN - my doorbell rings. A delivery guy brought a huge vase of flowers from our daughter, Katy. Tomorrow is Mother's Day! (sweet daughter)
Paul got the door - brought the flowers to the nightstand next to my bed. I told Paul what I had just read about Fre
Annet
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
I used to feel connected to Pippi as a kid. Because I had red/orange hair ;-) I was even called Pippi Langkous (the Dutch translation) sometimes then.. I swear I have this photo of myself as a kid, spitting image then, now my hair is white/orange mixed, I'm sure Pippi would have the same as an older and still eccentric lady? :-)
I remember my mother, when I was a little kid, used to deck me out in a two piece suit, skirt and jacket and top it off with red stockings. I really used to hate that, d
Manny
Since I love Scandinavian authors and review many Swedish and Norwegian novels, I'm often asked what the best language is if you're planning to read one in translation. It's early days yet, but I'm starting to feel more and more certain that the answer is German. Just like Komet im Mumintal , which I read last year, Pippi Langstrumpf was an absolute winner and felt 100% authentic. It was exactly like reading it in Swedish: the melody of the sentences was the same, the word-play was the same, an ...more
Manybooks
Feb 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys children's literature, especially literature with strong female characters
Astrid Lindgren's Pippi Longstocking (originally published in Swedish as Pippi Långstrump in 1945) is likely one of the most well-known and famous Swedish children's books of all time; it has been translated into more than 50 languages and is still globally loved and admired.

The original concept for the novel originated in 1944, when Astrid Lindgren's then seven year old daughter was ill with pneumonia and Lindgren told her imaginative stories about a fantastical and mischievous little girl nam
Ahmad Sharabiani
Pippi Långstrump = Poppi Lang strump, Astrid Lindgren
عنوان: پی پی جوراب بلند؛ فی فی جوراب بلند؛ نویسنده: آسترید لیندگرن؛
عنوان: پی پی جوراب بلند؛ نویسنده: آسترید لیندگرن؛ مترجم: گلی امامی؛ تهران، ؟، 1349، در 152 ص؛ چاپ دیگر: تهران، هرمس، 1378؛ چاپ دیگر: 1379؛ 1381؛ شابک: 9646641784؛ شابک دوره: 9647100930؛ چاپ ششم 1394؛ در 173 ص؛ شابک: 9786001216626؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان سوئدی - قرن 20 م
مترجم: فرزانه کریمی؛ ویراستار: حسین فتاحی؛ تهران، قدیانی، بنفشه، 1380؛ در 135 ص؛ شابک: 9644173346؛ چاپ دی
Nomes
Here's my daughter reading Pippi

First, the story. Pippi was written in the 1940's and it's still utterly captivating to this generation. Pippi is such an endearing character, irreverent, infectiously ridiculous and charmingly caring. Bonus to all kids everywhere: she makes adults look silly and kids look brilliant. She champion's the kids world: all imagination and no rules. Anything is possible and everything is an adventure. She's like the imaginary friend we'd like to be, except, in the end
sweet pea
Feb 04, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
i was thrilled by the thought of a new version of Pippi illustrated by Lauren Child. i grew up on Pippi. besides my wild hairstyles, she also taught me how to be spunky and lie extravagantly.

perhaps i'm hard-lined. but, certain aspects of this new translation leave me cold. Ephraim Longstocking being a "king of the natives" is too much to bear. too generic to process. he is obviously a king of the CANNIBALS, as anyone with an ounce of sense can recall. also, Pippi's full name changed from "Pipp
Riku Sayuj
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-r-rs

The Girl With The Dragon Boots

Having read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, where Lisbeth is identified as a real world Pippi, I have been planning to read the supposed inspiration for a long time. For the first few chapters, it is hard to imagine how Larsson could have based the character of Lisbeth on Pippi. Eventually I learned to warp Pippi's world and squeeze it into the supposedly real world filled with rapists and thieves, where little girls have no super strength to get by on. I could the
Foad
تجربه ی بسیار لذت بخشی بود، خوندن داستان کودکان زیر ده سال، در بالای بیست سالگی! کلی با شوخی هاش خوش گذشت.

پی پی، دقیقاً بر عکس آلیسه! آلیس یه دختر کاملاً معقول (و حتا کمی تندخو و خشک) که وسط یه شهر پر از خل و چل و دیوونه گم میشه و سعی میکنه با بدخلقی اشتباهات دیگران رو بهشون یادآوری کنه، ولی هیچ فایده ای نداره.
اما پی پی، خودش عجیب و غریب و کمی دیوونه است، و وسط کلی آدم بزرگ معقول و خشک گیر کرده و مدام با کارها و حرف های نامعقولش، اون ها رو از کوره به در میکنه.
من فکر کنم لذت خوندن این دومی برای ب
Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)*

L, is for Lindgren

2.5 Stars

Pippi Longstocking is absolutely a case of I-read-this-too-late-in-life.

This is NOT the kind of story my mom read to me as a child. I was too headstrong already, I didn’t need her reading about a ginger-haired nine year old who lifted up horses and refused to go to school. Wise move, mom, wise move.

I am at somewhat of a loss as to how to review this, to be honest. There is a cuteness to it, a toughness too BUT I can’t turn off pretend-mom brain. I can’t help but th
101 Books to Read...: Pippi Longstocking 10 30 Sep 18, 2016 10:20PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren 2 14 Sep 02, 2015 04:32AM
Great Middle Grad...: Happy birthday, Astrid Lindgren! 8 10 Nov 17, 2014 10:08AM
  • Pünktchen und Anton
  • Naksitrallid. Esimene ja teine raamat
  • Die kleine Hexe
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13
  • Патиланско царство
  • Morgen, Findus, wird's was geben
  • Ramona the Pest (Ramona, #2)
  • Betsy and Tacy Go Over the Big Hill (Betsy-Tacy, #3)
  • The Wednesday Witch
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as the Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.

Awards:
Hans Christian Andersen Award
More about Astrid Lindgren...

Pippi Långstrump (3 books)
  • Pippi Goes on Board
  • Pippi in the South Seas
“The children came to a perfume shop. In the show window was a large jar of freckle salve, and beside the jar was a sign, which read: DO YOU SUFFER FROM FRECKLES?

What does the sign say?” ask Pippi. She couldn’t read very well because she didn’t want to go to school as other children did.
It says, ‘Do you suffer from freckles?’” said Annika.
Does it indeed?” said Pippi thoughtfully. “Well, a civil question deserves a civil answer. Let’s go in.”

She opened the door and entered the shop, closely followed by Tommy and Annika. An elderly lady stood back of the counter. Pippi went right up to her. “No!” she said decidedly.

What is it you want?” asked the lady.
No,” said Pippi once more.
I don’t understand what you mean,” said the lady.
No, I don’t suffer from freckles,” said Pippi.

Then the lady understood, but she took one look at Pippi and burst out, “But, my dear child, your whole face is covered with freckles!”

I know it,” said Pippi, “but I don’t suffer from them. I love them. Good morning.”

She turned to leave, but when she got to the door she looked back and cried, “But if you should happen to get in any salve that gives people more freckles, then you can send me seven or eight jars.”
139 likes
“But Nightshirts aren't dangerous," Pippi assured her. "They don't bite anybody except in self defense.” 79 likes