Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success” as Want to Read:
The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  17,805 ratings  ·  1,378 reviews
No gimmicks. No Hyperbole. No Magic Bullet. The Compound Effect is based on the principle that decisions shape your destiny. Little, everyday decisions will either take you to the life you desire or to disaster by default. Darren Hardy, publisher of Success Magazine, presents The Compound Effect, a distillation of the fundamental principles that have guided the most phenom ...more
Kindle Edition, 162 pages
Published by SUCCESS Books (first published 2010)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

Community Reviews

Showing 1-30
4.37  · 
Rating details
 ·  17,805 ratings  ·  1,378 reviews


More filters
 | 
Sort order
Prasenjeet Kumar
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am not a great believer in get rich quick schemes, lose weight in 7 days, love at first sight, etc and so does this book.

This book is very different from the nonsense that media fills your mind everyday.

The best thing about the book is that it teaches you to work hard. There is no such thing as an overnight success. You have to work hard considerably everyday to make the compound effect work in favour of you.

According to the Author, the Compound Effect is always at work. You can make it work
...more
Ghazaleh
اگر بخوام صادق باشم باید بگم به نسبت تعریف هایی که ازش شنیدم خوب نبود. اونقدری که باید،انگیزه در من ایجاد نمیکنه برای رسیدن به اهدافم، هرچند شاید این توقع بیجایی از یه کتاب باشه اما به نظرم مهمبود که حداقل ذره ای در خواننده شور و اشتیاق ایجاد بکنه برای جنگیدن و رسیدن. البته شرایط و اوضاع روحی موقع خوندن این دسته از کتاب ها هم خیلی مهمه، شاید شرایط من چندان مناسب برای خوندن این کتاب نبود.
و اما از خوبی های کتاب میتونم به این اشاره کنم که مثال هایی برای بعضی مباحث گفته شده که جزئیات رو ملموس میکنه
...more
Emmy
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Going to be honest, I'm pretty sure this book was written for me.
The Compound Effect is a motivational book about what he calls - wait for it - the Compound Effect. The concept is basically to say that smaller steps over a long period of time will have a greater, more beneficial and successful effect on your life than bigger steps in a shorter period of time (that most people will not stick to). I am the type of person that gets revved up to make a change, is all-in for about a month (tops), and
...more
Fatemeh sherafati
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
به نظرم خواندن کتاب های کاغذی در اتوبوس ها، در هنگام سفر های طولانی دشواری های سفر را تبدیل به راحتی و "حس خوب " میکند.
در دسته بندی کتابهایم ، به این کتاب برچسب کتابهای موفقیتی میزنم .
اکثر کتابهای سری موفقیت، با مضامینی تکراری، اما با بیان متفاوت هستند . بدون اینکه چیزی کم یا زیاد شوند، اما در مطالعه ی این کتاب به دو نکته ی متفاوت برخوردم که تاکنون در کتاب های دیگر به آن برنخورده بودم.
دومین نکته اشاره ی نویسنده به انتخاب فردی به عنوان همراه در مسیر موفقیت بود. که به نظرم جالب آمد.
چون وجود یک هم
...more
Saeed Ramazany
کتاب به صورت تاکیدی رو فرمول «تلاش، ثبات قدم، صبر» جلو میره، در حالیکه فرمول مضریه. فرمول «اقدام، بازخورد، اصلاح» فرمول مفیدتریه.
مشخصا یه جای کتاب نموداری از تلاش متنوع ۳ تا دوست داره که یکی شروع میکنه به فایل صوتی موفقیت گوش دادن و کارهای مشابه کوچیک مثبت، یکی تغییری نمیکنه و سومی هم که شروع میکنه به آشپزی و غذاهای مضر خوردن. میگه بعد مثلا ۱۶ ماه سه نفر با هم فرق خاصی ندارن، اما یه هو تو ۳ ماه بعدی میبینی اولی کلی لاغر شده و موفق، سومی زیادی چاق شده و روابطش مشکلداره.
در حالیکه نه چاقی این مدلی
...more
Chadi
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
نمیدونم مشکل از من بود، که به جای کتاب اصلی، میکروبوک رو خوندم؟ یا از نویسنده، که چیزی که میتونست توی نهایتا سه پاراگراف جمع بشه(یه پاراگراف توضیح و دو تا پاراگراف مثال مثلا) رو به شکل یه کتاب تپل عرضه کرد؟
خلاصه ش اینکه اثر مرکب به مجموعه کوچیکی از کارهایی گفته میشه که باید انجام داد تا به اون بیگ پیکچره رسید. سادهترش کنم: واسه اینکه یه فیل رو بخوری، خب قورتش نده خفه میشی مسلما :)) لقمه لقمه بخور تا تموم بشه. حالا بین لقمه هات یه چیزایی هم بخور یا کارهایی کن که مثلا به هضمش کمک کنه جا داشته باشی
...more
Lars-Christian Elvenes
May 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Complete self-help noobs
Recommended to Lars-Christian by: No idea how it came into my possesion
EDIT:
Given the one star for "complete bullshit level" that I mention in the review, and some good input in the comments (thanks Mick and Sasha), I'm bumping this one up to two stars. It did have a few things (mentioned in the review) that set it apart from other books that truly deserve one star, so in retrospect I was a bit harsh when I rated this one the first time. Beyond that, my review stands.
_ _ _ _ _

What to say...

Not sure where I got this one from, to be honest. Had it lying around, and
...more
Tannaz
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
خب نوبت ریویو نوشتن واسه یکی از کتابهایی که تو سال گذشته حسابی سر و صدا کرده و خیلی ها طرفدارش شدن و یکی از دوستام به من معرفی کرد رسیده
چون نسخه الکترونیک کتاب رو خوندم خوندش واسم خیلی زمان برد
کتاب منو برد به زمانی که سنم کمتر بود وقتی مدرسه میرفتم که کتابهایی این چنینی بهم کلی انگیزه میدادن به نظرم هر چند وقتی آدم لازمه یک کتاب انگیزشی اینجوری بخونه
و این هم از آخرین کتاب و آخرین ریویوی 2017 من
ممنونم از امیر واسه معرفی کتاب
Narges Salmanizadeh
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Im not mostly intrested of these types of books but this one is a MUST, thanks to my friend that push me to read this. There are lots of things we are doing unintentionally and made lots of problem, we are hanging out with the ppl they dont worth spending time for [in this book called them three minutes ppl], we dont know the exact way of saving money, we are not aware how our thoughs can control us.. Reading this book will lead you to do what you have to.

•• The note below taken from book:
If yo
...more
Emma Sea
Aug 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Reading these has become my equivalent of self-flagellation.

It's been a really weird year. The careful schedule I thought I was creating for myself in 2016 got interrupted with . . . shitty life stuff. I took refuge in reading books on productivity and writing because I have never felt more unproductive and unanchored. I can see the glow of dawn, now. Three more months and I should be able to be settled. And the gods know, I can do so much more with my time than read a book like The Compound Eff
...more
Shqyq rezaei
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
از جنس کتاب هایی که همراهشون گوشزدهای همیشه به جا دارن و میتونن چشم و باز کنن .خوشم اومد
Hamidreza
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
واقعا عالی ,
طرحی عملی برای موفقیت
منطقی و عملی
Mallory
Apr 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the idea of The Compound Effect. It rings so true. The little decisions you make and habits you have amass into life-altering results as they're compounded over years.

BUT DARREN HARDY IS INSUFFERABLE. I have never been so annoyed, nor have I ever had the displeasure of having to read quite so many pages by one quite as egotistical and self-inflating. Not only this, but he sees himself as so superior to others. He had the audacity to recommend that you choose your friends by their bank a
...more
Homa
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
خیلی انگیزه نمیده ولی در کل روشهایی که برای ارزیابی خود و پیشرفت بیان میکنه، تقریبا مفید بود.
Nadin Adel
The Compund Effect!

Remember that old story about the rabbit and the turtle?



Then, it's the same motto to learn throughout the chapters of this book. In a simple illustration, this can be summarized as follows:



In short. The right book at the right time! An exciting book for an exciting boost. What made it more motivating and boosting is that I listened to it as an audio book by the author himself! Well, not to mention that was while I was jogging and doing some household work. Anyway that doesn't
...more
Andy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
The author starts by saying to trust him because he publishes a magazine about success and so has gone over thousands of real and bogus stories and will tell you only the real stuff. Then he goes right into highlighting Dr. Oz and his notoriously non-evidence-based medical advice. No thanks.
Sadjad Abedi
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
اونقدری که انتظار داشتم فوق العاده نبود اما کتاب خوبی بود. مهم عمل کردن به این دستورالعمل هاست، مضافا اینکه کلا مطالعه این قبیل کتاب ها یه انگیزه و هیجانی به آدم میده که خودش قابل تقدیره.
Rob
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Darren Hardy provided to me some great insight in that we are what we have chosen to be. When you find yourself in that rut of life, all you have to do is go back and review those choices you made that brought you to this point.

When I first tried to read this book, I felt overwhelmed about the information that he was providing as I was clearly in a rut. As I tried to initially read this book several months ago, I realized that it was not going to be easy to climb out of that rut and I gave up. I
...more
Mahshid
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
بعضی ها هستند که می توانید سه ساعت از وقتتان را با آنها بگذرانید ولی سه روز نه. بعضی های دیگر هم هستند که می توانید سه دقیقه با آنها باشید نه سه ساعت. همسایه ای دارم که یک دوست سه دقیقه ای است. برای سه دقیقه یک صحبت کوتاه عالی داریم ولی نمی توانیم برای سه ساعت با هم باشیم. می توانم با یک دوست قدیمی دوران دبیرستان سه ساعت وقت بگذرانم ولی او یک دوست سه روزه نیست. در ضمن بعضی ها هستند که می توانم چند روز را با آنها سپری کنم ولی با آنها به یک تعطیلات طولانی نمی روم. نگاهی به روابطتان بیاندازید و مطم ...more
Stacey
Oct 16, 2013 rated it liked it
There were parts of this book I liked, but other parts that I found to be complete B.S. It's meant to be motivational and on some levels it is but certain things the author suggests, I just don't believe to be feasible or realistic, at least of for me. For instance, he suggests not reading newspapers or watching the news but instead only having RSS feeds set up to filter any news relevant to your personal or professional goals. I think this would lead to a very narrow minded view of the world. H ...more
Amir Tesla
This book provides you time-proven strategies to increase your productivity and effectiveness. The compound effect refers to little small but lasting productive changes that yield enormous results in the long run.

It makes a perfect combination if read after the One Thing book written by Gary Keller.

I acquired a couple of techniques from the book the profoundly affected my productivity. In addition, in final chapters, it gives a perfect mindset which strengthens the compound effect of your deeds
...more
Ida Rasouli
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, self-help
My main takeaways:
1. Small smart choices completed consistently over time make a radical difference in one’s life.
2. Luck consists of 4 components: preparation, attitude, opportunity, and action.
3. Humans behave like automatons, rarely getting out of their comfort zones and making changes to their lives. Tracking habits gives an insight into the choices people unconsciously make every day.
4. Creating a healthy morning and evening routine helps start and finish the day strong.
Sprite
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had this exponential growth and 'the power of little things' perspective on life, I was quite confused and had a biased idea about consistency and this book helped me understand my problem.

It organizes one's thoughts and orients intuition to build a better strategy and track oneself.

It mostly supports 'positive knowing' rather than any poorly founded 'positive thinking', which kind of differentiates from materials stuffed with motivational speeches that lack practical principles.

Okay, this
...more
Rachel
Oct 20, 2011 rated it liked it
I can totally get behind the concept of using the power of compounding to create valuable changes in your life, especially with regard to tracking – spending, habits, changes. You have to know what you’re doing to know what you want to change, and you have to know the effects of the changes you’re making in order to see a difference.

But in general, this book sort of left me bored – the examples aren’t specific enough and are too simple for anyone who’s ever read any kind of self-help or inspirat
...more
Marjan Ghp
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
همين كه كسي مثل من تا آخرين صفحه كتاب تاب آورده نشون ميده به اندازه بقيه كتاب هاي اصطلاحا موفقيت خسته كننده و ناكارامد نيست :)
اينكه انتخاب هاي كوچك و بزرگ ما چطور با اثر موجي شون مسير زندگي ما رو مي سازند و در نهايت بعضي هاشون به عادات ما تبديل شده و افسار زندگي رو بدون اينكه ما متوجه باشيم در دست مي گيرن، اينكه مجموع عادات و رفتارها و محيط و آدماي اطراف ما چطور نهايتا "ما و مسير زندگي ما" رو ميسازن، و نكات جالب ديگه كتاب، خيلي بديهي به نظر مي رسند :) اما هميشه اين بديهي هاست كه نياز به يادآوري
...more
J.F. Penn
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book for self-help fans. I needed this as it sometimes feels like we are plugging away for little return. This book reminds us that it is little efforts, repeatedly done, over time that give us an effect that compounds over time.
So a choice to blog twice a week means in 3 years, you will have an online platform that's worthwhile. Or to write 2000 words a week means you have a book in a year. Or to eat less sugar every day means losing weight over the long term.
This book reminds you of so
...more
Jason
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. This is not a motivational book, it's an actional book. I have really noticed major gains in my time and in my steps towards achieving my goals since I allowed myself to listen to Darren Hardy on YouTube.. and to think I almost turned it off!

This book also helped me clearly define my goals and why I want to achieve them

Darren Hardy is a great mentor. Get this book if you are serious about growing and becoming better.

Heather
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help, nonfiction
Eh, nothing new to me. I thought this book would center more on money, but it didn't. It focused on life in general...habits, tenacity, and optimism. The title and subtitle definitely overstate the book's effect. It's not a horrible read, but it feels like a compilation of all the other self-help books I've read combined.
نوار- زندگی شنیدنی‌ست

کپسول اثر مرکب به ما نشان میدهد که چگونه با توجه کردن به کوچکترین تصمیمات و اثر فزایندهی آنها، تغییرات ماندگار ایجاد کنیم. اثر مرکب فرآیندی تدریجی است، نه رخداد آنی. دارن هاردی، به عنوان نویسنده به ما میآموزد که با پذیرش مسئولیت زندگیمان میتوانیم عاداتمان را تغییر دهیم و زندگی موفق، رضایتبخش و شادتری خلق کنیم.

چه کسی باید این کپسول را بشنود؟

هر کسی که میخواهد زندگیاش را ارتقا بخشد و در عادات روزمرهاش تغییر ایجاد کند.
هر کسی که خواستار نتایج بزرگ و پایدار است.
هر کسی که دست به اقدامات فوری زده و نتی
...more
Hailey
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the best and most amazing book I have ever read. It was full of useful life lessons that help you get your priorities in check and put you in a better place if and when you choose to apply them. My favorite part is when he talks about how to, "track every action." It really does work and my life is changing for the better because of it! Now, I hate reading. It is probably one of my least favorite things to do and I usually view it as a waste of time. However, I would read this book any ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
#debtfreecommunity: Week 3: Chapter 4 2 17 Feb 19, 2019 06:05PM  
#debtfreecommunity: Overall/Final Thoughts: The Compound Effect 4 19 Feb 19, 2019 05:53PM  
#debtfreecommunity: Week 4: Chapters 5 & 6, Conclusion 2 13 Feb 19, 2019 05:40PM  
#debtfreecommunity: Week 2: Chapter 3 1 11 Jan 27, 2019 06:56PM  
The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy ! 1 17 Jul 04, 2018 10:11PM  
Honey Badgers Read: General Information 4 4 Aug 02, 2016 09:33AM  

Readers also enjoyed

  • Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
  • Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke...and How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!
  • PUSH: 30 Days to Turbocharged Habits, a Bangin' Body, and the Life You Deserve!
  • Cultivating an Unshakable Character
  • The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential
  • Mach II With Your Hair On Fire: The Art of Vision & Self Motivation
  • Conversations with Millionaires: What Millionaires Do to Get Rich, That You Never Learned about in School!
  • Personality Plus at Work: How to Work Successfully with Anyone
  • Creating Personal Presence: Look, Talk, Think, and Act Like a Leader
  • The Slight Edge
  • The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive
  • The Miracle Morning for Network Marketers: Grow Yourself FIRST to Grow Your Business FAST (The Miracle Morning Book Series)
  • Success For Teens: Real Teens Talk About Using The Slight Edge
  • Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words
  • Go Pro - 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life
  • Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People
See similar books…
379 followers
Darren Hardy is today’s preeminent Success Mentor having been a central business leader in the personal growth and success industry now for more than 20 years. He has led three success television networks producing over 1,000 TV shows featuring most every influential thought leader of our times. And for eight years Darren led the rebirth of SUCCESS Magazine as its publisher and founding editor.

Th
...more
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” 49 likes
“Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” 33 likes
More quotes…