Start by marking “Hide!!!” as Want to Read:
Hide!!!

Hide!!!

On a Saturday morning Like many before The kids were all restless. In fact, they were bored.It had finally stopped raining After nearly a week Then they had an idea, Let's play hide-and-seek!Comedian Jeff Foxworthy tells the story of a neighborhood hide-and-seek game and invites readers to join in! With vivid illustrations and a hearty dose of silliness, each page includes ...more
Published October 19th 2010 by Beaufort Books

To ask other readers questions about Hide!!!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide!!!

Start your review of Hide!!!
Stefani
Dec 09, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-picture
Too long and complicated. The rhymes were forced and awkward. I like the idea of finding items, but the artwork isn't conducive to hide-and-seek.
Vera Godley
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing

What a fun book! I can just see Mom or Dad with the kids reading and searching through the pages for the kids who are hiding in the ageless game of hide and seek and all the little objects - i.e. 2 spoons, 4 flip flops, 1 raccoon, etc. - tucked away in the illustrations.

The Mom’s Choice Awards has named Hide!!! among the best in family-friendly media, products and services.

The Mom’s Choice Awards (MCA) is an awards program that recognizes authors, inventors, companies, parents and others for
ACS Book-finder
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Kristen
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
We picked this up at the library. It is actually a really good book...it's got a bit of a story with all the kids playing hide and seek. I liked that there was a short rhyming poem-esque text on each page giving clues to finding the hiding kids. It kept adding things to find, all the way up to 15 items...and all the previous items were also hiding in the picture. It got WAY overwhleming for my 2 year old, so we once we got to 4, we decided to just start finding the kid and the racoon.

We tried
Shelli
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What a fun morning I spent snuggled up with my daughter reading this book. Hide!!! is more of a seek and find book then a typical picture book. Each page you have to find a new creature or item. Filled with silly pictures and not always easy critters to find we giggled to see who could find the next thing on the list first. Always appreciate an opportunity to share a book and a laugh with my child.
Jared Leaman
Oct 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ryne, sophia
This book took about 30-45 minutes for me and my 5 year old to read and find all the items. I thought the idea was cool, but the execution was poor. Horrible rhymes, and seriously, finding the same items on every page but adding a new item with a higher number? Made for a really long read. My daughter loved finding items, but was frustrated by the difficulty in the artwork and finding each item. Ultimately a fail by Foxworthy, what did you expect?
Naomi
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was really a cool seek and find book that is a great challenge to the early reader. The only thing that I don't like about these kind of books is that they have a short shelf life for a bunch of money. I could see that easily being the case with this book.
ReadingWench
I loved this book. Not only is it a good story, it is engaging as well. Each page you need to find something. It starts off with 1 raccoon to find. Then on the next page you find 1 raccoon and 2 spoons and so forth
Evan
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There is lots of stuff to find on each page!
Paula
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, pic
Jeff Foxworthy has done it again! Love "Dirt on my Shirt".
PWRL
Apr 22, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2011-new
E
Valerie
Oct 08, 2010 rated it liked it
liked the novelty of the seek-and-find on each page
Kevin Shockey
Great combination of a childhood memories of parents with the imagination of children. It was an added bonus to also have an image discovery game embedded in the book. Great fun.
Melissa Dwyer
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Originally rated G by S. Jackendoff
This is both a counting book and a search for the objects in the pictures. There are multiple items per page to look for - which provides a real challenge.
Connie Klever
Nice rhyming text. Eye Spy fans will like this one--each page lists different things that are hiding in the pictures.
Badaboom
Mahummad
Aug 21, 2017
Amanda
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
The art style is cute, the compounding counting was fun for a while.
Suzi
Aug 08, 2019
Maija
Feb 10, 2017
Asby Kids
rated it did not like it
Feb 08, 2017
Rachel
Jan 23, 2015
P3reilly
Mar 13, 2019
Delali
Dec 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
American comedian, mostly known for his "you might be a redneck if" jokes.

Currently he is the presenter of the game show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"