Start by marking “The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)

The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  37,259 Ratings  ·  1,864 Reviews
Han Alister thought he had already lost everyone he loved. But when he finds his friend Rebecca Morley near death in the Spirit Mountains, Han knows that nothing matters more than saving her. The costs of his efforts are steep, but nothing can prepare him for what he soon discovers: the beautiful, mysterious girl he knew as Rebecca is none other than Raisa ana’Marianna, he ...more
Published August 30th 2011 by Hyperion Book CH (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Gray Wolf Throne, please sign up.
Nadia My second most favorite series. Harry Potter is my first.

Katerina
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The best in the series so far!

I won't write a proper review now because I have to read The Crimson Crown ASAP, perhaps I'll review them together! Just do yourself a favor and read Seven Realms guys!
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
❝She’d been born for this—and raised to it. She’d fought for it, and at times she’d thought she might die for it. She had a long history of tragedy and triumph behind her, and a lifetime of hard work ahead of her. It was time to get started.❞

Rating: ★ ★ ★

Though I still enjoyed The Gray Wolf Throne, I felt that it suffered the "middle book syndrome". The pacing of the story was consistently a bit slow throughout the whole book, and it definitely wasn't as great as The Exiled Queen. A lot hap
Anne
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Re-read 2016

description

Oh My God...why aren't more people reading these books?!

Even better the second time around! I'm so glad I decided to pick these books up again. I guess it was just a fear that they wouldn't be as good as I remembered them that kept me from cracking 'em open sooner, so I'm happy to report (unlike some of my previous favorites) this series still stands up to the test of time.
So, yeah.
I WAS RIGHT BIOCHES!

description

Original review: 2012
This is my new favorite series. Without a doubt, I will be fir
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
4.5 Stars. Can we just sit here for a moment and appreciate the level of detail and artistry put into this series? This series has rattled its way into my favorites list. It is nothing short of epic.

This book picks up exactly where book 2 left off. Raisa is running for her life, and you guessed it... Han is racing after Raisa. Pretty much the entire first quarter of this book feels like a race. Even my heart was pounding. This book felt much more action packed than the previous two - without the
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Edit 03/12 : More I think about this third book (and trust me, it's in my mind A LOT), more I wonder why I didn't rounded up to 5. Done now - The Gray Wolf Throne and The Crimson Crown were fabulous in their own way and entered my favorites all the same. So 5 stars it is.

"Byrne, we need to do a better job of protecting the queen," he said. "Before we know it, she'll be showing off old battle scars to her ladies whenever she's in her cups. It won't help our reputations any."

4.5 stars . See? I
❄️Nani❄️
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
4.75⭐

This series is too fucking fantastic. I can’t... this is just too much!

I rarely RARELY ever read a book where I don’t come out the other end complaining about one thing or another. However much I love the book there’s always something that I’m let down by.
This is, by no means, the case here. By far, it is not!

Where do I begin? And why am I not giving this 5 starts?
I loved everything! The plot. The world. The political intricacies. My adorable, incredible characters. EVERYTHING!

C.G. Drews
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series is so criminally underrated, I tell you. IT IS SO FREAKISHLY GOOD. I just want to hug it. The world-building is on point and the characters are stabbily adorable, plus there's sass, and the occasional smushing of my feels. A COMBINATION OF GLORY. Although, to be painfully honest: I felt like the pacing was off in this instalment. It didn't ruin the book for me, but I did feel a bit befuddled. But I'll get to that.

First I have to gush.

NO NO WAIT. First I have to confess I've been proc
Caitlin
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Its unfortunate when so many people are trying to kill you that you can't sort them out."

I love these books. I love this series. I'm 200000% not ready to finish this series and leave these characters behind. I'm semi torn as to how to rate this book. This book was crazy intense and a lot happened in it but also a lot didn't happen. There were so many twists and shocking revelations, but plot wise there wasn't AS much happening in this book as there was in book 2.

Han and Raisa are phenomenal
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who've been burned by lame high fantasy
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read with Rachel and Sandra
"Nearly all my life I've taken what I wanted, when I wanted it, with no thought for the future, since I wasn't likely to have one. Do you know how hard this is for me? Do you?"

4.5 stars Dear lord...the feels, the feels! The goodness train keeps rolling. Lives are at stake. Love is at stake. There's danger, magic and intrigue aplenty!

There are no dragons though. Ah well.

I still don't know what to say about fantasy books or how to sell them. If you don't read fantasy, you're really missing ou
Maureen
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another that may be more like a 4.5/5 stars

Starts off heartbreaking, but faded toward the end for me. I kept waiting for something bad to happen but I know it's coming next book!
Still loving these characters. I just love Raisa so freAKING MUCH GUYS. Team Raisa forever.
I mean everyone else is okay but RAISA.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
AT SOME POINT, I "WILL" TAKE BACK MY THRONE!

I loved this book, I love this series! It just keeps getting better! Yay! I know the last book is going to be awesome too, although I dread what might happen!

So Raisa is out on her own waiting for when it's safe to come back home. One of the jerks is killing people left and right, she has assassins looking to kill her and other people so she needs to stay in hiding. She is worried about Han and Amon.

One day someone does come and finds her at an inn.
Cait • A Page with a View
These books just keeps getting better!!! It's definitely one of my favorite YA fantasy series at this point. You know those books that you get so into that you actually start shaking the book in frustration or laughing out loud? This is one of them :)

There really is no way to recap all of the amazing adventures and twists that happened in this story. And at this point I know my ship isn't going to sail... it's basically a ghost ship and I knowwww I need to focus on the rest of the story and give
Jessica
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishlist
Wow. This book was awesome. I read all 517pages in just 2 days...
In a way, I was sad for Han and Raisa to have to leave Oden's Ford... but I knew they would have to go back eventually. I really liked all of the character development since the start of this series.. I think it was done very well and it was very believable!

I just love Han! It's so strange to see him fitting in so well living in the palace though... Well, of course he's still making enemies.
I love that the first half of this boo
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

I have lost everything. Then he corrected himself. Every time I think I've lost everything, I find there's still something else to lose.

Here's the thing: I adore this series. I adore Han. I adore Raisa. I adore Amon and Dancer and Cat. I adore the subtle action and almost too perfect to be true romance. I adore the writing, the humor, the wit, and the friendships...but most of all, I adore how it makes me feel. As a reader, I've evolved in ways I never imagined possible. At one time, I would
Choko
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
*** 4.75 ***

A buddy read with the biggest Fantasy enthusiast at BB&B!!!

I am the luckiest Fantasy reader in the world!!! Why??? Because since the beginning of the year I have been blessed with being introduced to some of the most amazingly talented authors and have had the privilege to read those already exceptional artists most exceptional contributions to my favorite genre!!! The book fairies have decided to be good to me this year, maybe feeling sorry for my none existent Real Life, and h
Sab H.  (YA Bliss)
Rich, sexy, layered, enchanting, riveting and enthralling. I don't know how much more I can say about this series that wont be repetitive from my first two reviews. What I can say for sure is that rarely has any author achieved such excellence in high fantasy for young adults. Actually YA high fantasy is rare, and rich fantabulous world-building with three-dimentional fully-developed characters is even more rare. So this book and the rest of the series are truly a gem in their kind.

Cinda Chima i
Ann (annreads)
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
“I have lost everything, Han thought. Then he corrected himself. Every time I think I’ve lost everything, I find there’s still something else to lose.”

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS BLOODY EPIC.
Let just say that this freaking book was everything I wanted in life and I couldn't be more happy about it!! I'm so in love with the story and this characters, I think I could literally read a million books about their adventures and I'd never get enough of them!
Now I'm super excited to read the last book, even thou
Kisses A
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am almost finished with this series and I am heartbroken: ( I want more books!!!
So some of the images coming to my head while reading. FRTC

description

4.75* it is by far the best book so far! I did not like book 2 as much but this one really got down to business ( at some point I even had to fan myself)

Crow reminds me of
description

Feelings and moods going into this book...

Melissa (Ever So Mela)
I have definitely learned to like these books ^.^ On to the last one!
RTC
Amren's Wife Taylor
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This was absolutely fantastic. I’ll keep this super short and relatively low spoilers because not many seem to have read these novels and I’m itching to get on to the last book already. Oh the first half of this series was great, but it just upped its game monumentally in this third novel. I can officially say that I would recommend this series. All of you reading this review I’m telling you right now read these books. I am so glad I powered through book one and went on to read the re ...more
Cori Reed
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not AS good as the second book, but still phenomenal. If you love fantasy that features a lot of court politics this series is perfection.
Molly Mortensen
The cliffhanger is resolved (for the most part) in the first chapter and by the second we get the answers to the last book's biggest mystery, who is the mysterious Crow? (I was completely right!) I wished we'd gotten these answers in the end of the last book!

This book took me forever! It might be the third book but it had a big case of second book syndrome. After an eventful beginning not much happened to advance the story. This really should've been a trilogy.

Raisa's back to being a cranky pr
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
I became so obsessed and enthralled with this book that i totally forgot to mark any quotes. I just inhaled this book then spent an entire day thinking about it, it was just such an amazing journey.

This is one of the few books that had freaking hilarious chapter titles! This is an underappreciated quality, that added so much to the book
Picking over old Bones
The price of deception
The Games Begin

Are just a few to spark your interest. And now a sneak peek at how my queen is doing:

“Somehow, Raisa
Ash Wednesday
SPOILERS AHOY!

4 STARS
”You are better than I expected.”
“I am always better than people expect,” Han said.

Oh come on, don’t tell me you didn’t think a little bit of that guy.

I loved this book by the way! Love love love love love.

LOVE.

THERE’S NOTHING COHERENT IN THIS REVIEW. NOTHING.

I’m just going to madly flap here and there, over the overwhelming levels of squee, like a fish out of water.

One thing I noticed and liked about this is how each of the characters have grown in a pace that doesn’t
Taniksha
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
RTC
Kristi
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I think I'm just going to copy and paste my review of The Exiled Queen and use it for The Gray Wolf too! Okay, not really.... but it would work!

This series simple continues to get better and better as it goes along. I desperately need book four PRONTO! I'm glad I was able to start The Gray Wolf Throne so soon after reading The Exiled Queen. The characters and the story line were fresh in my mind, and I believe that always makes for a better reading experience. Needless to say, it doesn't always
Donna
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap. Absolutely fantastic. Crap, crap, crap. Why crap? Because after THE DEMON KING and THE EXILED QUEEN, what do I have left to say?

The world is still as utterly fantastic as it's always been. Richly colored and full of life, Chima hasn't let it slip by as a sacrifice to the greater plot. It still plays its role magnificently, hanging out just on the edge of the background and foreground, being its own character but knowing when not to be overwhelming.

I'm all for Han and Raisa but there w
Lainey
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it
I was just so ready for this to be the book that rises above the average quality (for me) of the first two because things are finally moving forward and Raisa is actively fighting to claim her throne...but I just can't...things still bother me about this series.

My biggest gripe is why the lack of fully realized female characters??? Just because Raisa is one of the two protagonists in this book doesn't mean it is alright to basically dismiss the other girls in the novel as trivial, frilly, silly
Nicklein Mae
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Character development is strong with this one. Sorry I had to because The Last Jediiiiiiiiiiiii.

Anyway, as I was saying, the author was busy doing major character development left and right in this installment. It was such a blast seeing the characters grow right before my eyes. I’m so proud of them. *sniffs*

I highlighted some of my favorite quotes and I might just squeeze them in here later. My eyes are too tired right now.

I am so excited to read TCC because I spoiled myself and peeked at the
Zoe Wilson (yerabooknerdzoe)
I'm so curious to see where this series is going. I have many thoughts! I need to finish this series soon so I can do an in-depth discussion. The characters are bothering me less and less as they grow as people, and each book has gotten better than the last. This is quickly becoming one of my favourites!
  • Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2)
  • Eona: The Last Dragoneye (Eon, #2)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Liar's Moon (Thief Errant, #2)
  • Blue Fire (Healing Wars, #2)
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • A Conspiracy of Kings (The Queen's Thief, #4)
  • Player's Ruse (Knight and Rogue, #3)
  • The Caller (Shadowfell, #3)
  • The Demon's Surrender (The Demon's Lexicon, #3)
  • The Rebel Prince (Moorehawke Trilogy, #3)
  • Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
  • Sacred Scars (A Resurrection of Magic, #2)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • The Nascenza Conspiracy (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #3)
New York Times bestselling author Cinda Williams Chima comes from a long line of fortune-tellers, musicians and spinners of tales. She began writing romance novels in middle school, which were often confiscated by her teachers.

Her Heir Chronicles series (magic comes to contemporary Ohio) comprises The Warrior Heir The Wizard Heir . The Dragon Heir The Enchanter Heir, and the Sorcerer Heir.

Chima's
More about Cinda Williams Chima

Seven Realms (4 books)
  • The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
  • The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth Book 13)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Severed Souls (Sword of Truth)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Phantom (Sword of Truth, #10)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The First Confessor: The Legend of Magda Searus (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Confessor (Sword of Truth, #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth, #6)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Naked Empire (Sword of Truth, #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Debt of Bones (Sword of Truth)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Warheart: Sword of Truth - The Conclusion (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Omen Machine (Richard and Kahlan, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chainfire (Sword of Truth, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“She had never felt more alive than when she lay dying in Han Alister's arms.” 126 likes
“The time will come when you will be forced to make a choice,” Hanalea said. “When that time comes, choose love.” 119 likes