Start by marking “The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works” as Want to Read:

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  176 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The Dorm Room Diet

Revised and Updated Edition

Figuring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is help from someone who's been there. Like many girls, Daphne Oz struggled with her weight as a teenager and hated the extreme restrictions of fad diets. She wanted to find a he
Published June 22nd 2010 by Newmarket Press (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Dorm Room Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dorm Room Diet

Caroline Petty
Feb 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-fitness
This is a great book for broke college students who have no clue about what their eating, no time, and no space to work out in. I read this book when i was actually in a dorm and found some of the exercises that were suggested for a confined space very helpful.It offers tips for people who can't fit exercise into their schedules or who simply hate working out and want to get motivated. It also really gets you thinking about what you are actually putting in your body and some just as tasty health ...more
Jasmine
The intended audience for this book is a few years younger than myself, but I am a college student and have fallen into the trap of eating pre-packaged foods because it's convenient. This book is an easy read and often repeats the same tips over and over again in different chapters. While this may be good to some, it was quite annoying to me. While the information is not the best, it is easy to understand and Daphne breaks it down as simple as she can.
Ann Wilbert
I bought this book after hearing Dr. Oz talk about it. It's written by his daughter. I thought it would be good for my son to read since he's already got a few extra pounds and he's heading off to college.
Despite the fact that it is definitely written for girls, there are some really good issues and solutions raised.
I'll try to get Alex to read it. It will probably be fun to have in his room when girls come over!
Lara Alexander
Jun 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: college or college-bound females
I really enjoyed that this book was written by a young woman who knew first hand about getting or staying healthy in college. It does a good job of explaining the key points without over-complicating them, and it has a very "reader-friendly" layout/organization. I got some good tips from it, but I mean, it's a health book so it's not THAT exciting.
Caroline
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I randomly found this at the library. I'm not the target demographic at all, but I thought the cover was nice so I checked it out. There wasn't really anything new in this book, and it got pretty repetitive at times. I lost count of how many times she recommended sparkling water with fruit juice.
Priya
Jan 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Oz's daughter knows her stuff. This book is up there. Easy to read, knowledgeable stuff. College students have hope yet to not be the generation that is most likely to have the most health issues. And, to think, she wrote this book while still in college.
Moe
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the perfect book for anyone on the go or with a busy life (not just college students)! This book is so easy and interesting to read, I actually couldn't put it down! If your looking to change your mindset about your diet choices and get some good information, this is for you.
Ideco
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is any easy to read book and very resourceful. I read this book throughout my freshman year in college and it was of great aid.
Duxcaelo
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-goodreads
Bridget
Sep 30, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Always on the lookout for easy tips to give out to my girls, we'll see how this one does!
Meridith Hays
Juanita Jewell
rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2016
Dina Moore
rated it did not like it
Apr 01, 2015
Nicole Cunha
Jul 25, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Man Who Swam the Amazon: 3,274 Miles on the World's Deadliest River
  • Being a Go-To-Tech: How to Be Both Successful and Happy While Working in the World of Computers
  • Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi: More Than 40 Itty-Bitty Minis to Knit, Wear, and Give
  • Eat This Not That! The Best (& Worst!) Foods in America!: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution
  • The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power
  • Living the Good Long Life: A Practical Guide to Caring for Yourself and Others
  • Stirring It Up: How to Make Money and Save the World
  • 7 Years Younger: The Revolutionary 7-Week Plan to Look and Feel Your Best
  • The Organized Life: Secrets of an Expert Organizer
  • Cast On, Bind Off: 211 Ways to Begin and End Your Knitting
  • The Glycemic-Load Diet
  • Bake It Like You Mean It: Gorgeous Cakes from Inside Out
  • The Inflammation Syndrome: The Complete Nutritional Program to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies, and Asthma
  • Big Girl Knits : 25 Big, Bold Projects Shaped for Real Women with Real Curves
  • Secrets of Simplicity
  • The Hunger Fix: The Three-Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction
  • The Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques
  • The Nutrition Twins' Veggie Cure: Expert Advice and Tantalizing Recipes for Health, Energy, and Beauty