Start by marking “My Lost Daughter” as Want to Read:
My Lost Daughter

My Lost Daughter (Lily Forrester #4)

3.28  ·  Rating details ·  296 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews

Published (first published August 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about My Lost Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lost Daughter

Amy
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Donna Kass
This book bothered me on many levels- the most glaring being: who would pick a mental hospital from the internet without checking it out first (especially if you're a judge). Speaking of the judge- I cannot imagine this woman actually putting this job in front of the well-being of her child- especially since the head judge despised her.

The mystery as to who the serial killer was was also very thin. It actually did not make sense in the end. I think it was a way of bringing the new FBI characters
Amy Werling
I thought it was an easy read and I felt like I wanted to keep reading it but there was a lot going on. Shana bugged the crap out of me! Poor Lily!!
Heather
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The storylines didn't really come together well (the whole FBI thing was kind of out of left field) and the dialogue wasn't too great. Not a terrible book, it passed the time and the story kept moving well. The ending felt very forced though, overall there was too much going on and the story didn't feel cohesive.
Diane
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A series of stupid choices made this novel painful to read!
Deb Noack
I found this one to be a bit disjointed.
Mikka Gottstein
Das Buch bietet viele interessante Grundideen, die eigentlich eine gute Basis für eine originelle, spannende Geschichte sein könnten!

Allerdings konnte mich die Umsetzung leider nicht überzeugen. Mir fehlte über weite Strecken des Buches der rote Faden, denn die Autorin springt hin und her zwischen verschiedenen Protagonisten, Handlungsbruchstücken und Zeiten. Vieles davon hätte meiner Meinung nach gestrafft werden können, was der Spannung sicher gutgetan hätte. Manches kam mir auch einfach kons
Sheila
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wom-2017
Lily races to save her daughter from a lunatic serial killer
Laurel-Rain
Dec 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this exciting, page-turning book, we follow the travails of Lily Forrester and her daughter Shana. We met them in a previous book, "The Cheater," and learned a little bit of their troubles—Lily's unhappy marriage to Shana's father; a night (after the divorce) when Lily and Shana were both raped; and then the murder of Shana's father some time later.

Now they are still dealing with the aftermath all these years later. Lily's career is about the only thing she can be proud of at this point: she
Fiction State Of Mind
Lily Forrester is a tough judge in Ventura County, California, who has overcome adversity and heartache to achieve a position where she can help those who can’t help themselves. The current case before her is the sensational murder trial of a woman who tortured and killed her beautiful two-year-old son. Lily is determined to see justice done but she’s thrown for a loop when she receives word that her own daughter, Shana, is on the verge of dropping out of law school. Fearing for her daughter’s m ...more
E Wilson
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Michelle
Had I realized that this was a continuation of a story, I probably would have bypassed My Lost Daughter. It would have saved me the time it took for me to speed read through this rather blah story. There is something about a character who has survived being raped, two divorces, murdering the wrong man, the murder of her ex-husband, and the politics to get a seat on the Superior Court of Ventura County that is more than unbelievable; it becomes a bit unbearable as well.

The story itself is extreme
Lieta Sutton
After listening to and enjoying this author's "The Cheater", I searched for other books of hers to listen to. I was only a couple of chapters in before the repetition became annoying. She retold many details of their past the same way she did in "The Cheater"; however you almost have to listen (or read) because she adds just a little bit more. I don't feel the need to read the first two books featuring Lily Forrester because the recaps seem to tell the whole story.

I think both Lily and Shana nee
Orchid
Sep 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second half of My Lost Daughter was by far the best part of the book, after the prologue that is, the web the author had woven up to that point made it quite hard to put down until the very end.
Some of the best written parts of the book were after Lily had her daughter, Shana, committed to Whitehall; and how she was in danger of losing her sanity and her life, but also how she come to both loathe and enjoy her time there, so good.
If I had to pick a favorite character from this book, I woul
Elaine Cramer
This book kind of mysteriously ended up on my player, so I was not aware until just now that I started with the 4th book in a series. That could be a big reason why I am not liking this book. Major happenings in the character's lives just seemed to be thrown in at random, but now I realize the author had written in depth about them in previous books. But still, coming in from the outside as I have, I have to say a lot of things seem illogical. I have certainly been unable to suspend my disbelief ...more
William Bentrim
Sep 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Lost Daughter by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg

A willful spoiled and deeply scarred daughter must come to grips with both her own self identity and her feelings for her mother. The confines of law school and a mental institution, together with the cast of someone flew over a cuckoo nest provide the setting for Shana Forrester’s explosive experiences.

The dual story line was a bit weak. The primary focus was on Lily and Shana Forester. There was not enough written about FBI agent Mary Steven’s and her
Cheryl
Sep 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lily Forrester is preparing for a really high profile case. Lily is a judge. Though, Lily is really busy, she is worried about her daughter, Shana. Shana is not attending her classes and avoiding her calls. Lily rushes to Shana’s aid. Shana is having a mental breakdown. Lily can’t stop what she is doing to watch and care for Shana, so she admits Shana to Whitehall, a psychiatric hospital.

While Lily is occupied with the trial case, Shana is in hell…literally. There is something not right with th
Lenore Webb
Sep 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In reading My Lost Daughter by Nancy Taylor Rosenburg, my fears were put on paper. But of course here we had a kick ass woman to make sure all became right again. You know you don't cross a woman and never by hurting her family.

Lily Forrester is the main character here. She is hard ass judge who tries to help those in need. While trying to focus on her courtroom she is thrown for a loop when her own College Girl, Shana starts having wild erratic behavior. Looking like she is going to drop out of
Sharon Mackay
First review but feel I need to do so. I absolutely love almost everything that Nancy Taylor Rosenberg has written. However, I was disappointed in this book. I did get it on audio - and I'm glad I did, as I had to fast forward often because it was some of the writing (literally, verbatim!) from her last book and I didn't care to rehash what I had already read previously. I was surprised that it what was written in another book would literally be "copied" into what I was expecting to be a new boo ...more
Kristen
If you love great legal thrillers, you'll love the continuing series of Lily and Shana Forrester. Lily's in the middle of the head-lining case, straight from the news, when she's worried about her daughter Shana and the distant gap between them. Things still haven't been the same. Shana's life is falling apart. When Lily visits her, she's worried about the mess she made and the lies Shana told. Convinced she needs help, she sends her to Whitehall, when things aren't what they seemed for her medi ...more
Sharon
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lily is a tough, and a bit abrupt when it comes to dealing with her daughter Shana. She does love her and is hard pressed to know how to help her when she beomes concerned enough to fly out to see her after hearing how distressed she is on the phone. Her concerns become magnified after seeing her daughter in person, and she makes a bad mistake in stopping in at a mental health hospital for what she hopes will be some medication to calm her daughter down. Her daughter was undeniably stressed and ...more
Angie
Aug 31, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe if I hadn't read the other books in this series, this one would have been ok with all the repeating of things that happened years before. Maybe if the indulging parents who gave their daughter anything she wanted and now can't figure out why she has such a hard time in life had been different this book would be ok. Maybe if you had a woman who was a superior court judge but still couldn't make a decision about her life, grew up and became a real mother to her daughter this book would be ok ...more
Cristy
I've read a number of Rosenberg's novels, beginning with her first, also starring Lily and Shana. However, this book was painful to get through. The characters made egregiously stupid decisions and in many situations, were quite unsympathetic. What started out as a serial killer tale became a commentary on the mucked up US medical system, specifically private, for-profit facilities and mental health treatment.

I'm not sure what happened here, but I hope for Rosenberg's sake, it was an aberration
Alicia
Quit after 100 pages. Perplexing writing, including some sentences that didn't really follow the rules of that pesky formula of "correct grammar," and paragraph upon paragraph of non sequitur explanations of non-existent questions, as well as endless descriptions of appearances and characters who seemed painfully oblivious to themselves and their thoughts, all led me to give up on what at first brush seemed like it could be an interesting read.

Stylistically: Glenn Beck meets Bill O'Reilly meets
Pam
May 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
I'm sorry but this was a terrible book. The characters were completely unbelievable (at least I hope no one has had a daughter like this one), the situations weren't very believable and the story just wasn't good. I mostly listened to the audio while I was doing other things (Thank God I didn't completely waste my time). The reader didn't do a thing to help this novel, in fact, probably made it worse. I couldn't recommend this book to anyone.
Very thankful that both the book and the CD were borro
Alison
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was plucked off the new mystery shelf at the public library, like so much of what I read. More implausible than many other books, and full of odd characters who are surprisingly untroubled when they learn that their newly beloved is, whoops, a murderer who has, whoops, killed the wrong person. (I am not giving anything away with this revelation--this earlier murder is not relevant to the plot twists of this book.)
Margaret1358 Joyce
The plot and pacing in this intelligent and very tense legal thriller is remarkable. The characters are believable and the scary fictional depiction of individuals in the US legal and medical medical communities is also believable and thus exceptionally mind-boggling. A fascinating, if unnerving, read!!
Brooke Wilson
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I loved how Lily and her daughter finally resolved their issues from the past. I am glad the author had closed out all questions that would have been asked such as what happened to Alex's family and Whitehall. That was one happily ever after I was glad to read bc it definitely made me have anxiety.
RatingReads
Rated R for strong/frequent foul language and sexual reference, strong crude language, frequent implicit and explicit sexual content, and strong drinking, smoking, and other drug use. And also for lots of gore and mature themes.
Definitely not suitable for anyone under 18yrs. Lets just say there were many pages that I had to skip due to questionable content.
Dianna Shimizu
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This was an exceptional thriller. There were two separate stories running at the same time: one with Lily, a California Supreme Court judge, and another with Mary, an FBI agent, and I was blown away when the stories merged.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Forbidden Passion
  • A Toast to Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #6)
  • Blood of the Damned (The Embraced, #4)
  • Two Lethal Lies
  • Still the One
  • Lost Lake
  • Under Oath
  • The Dark of Day
  • Wild Hunt (Evie Scelan, #2)
  • 101 Things I Learned ® in Film School
  • Caught In The Web (How I Survived Middle School, #9)
  • Damaged (Kate Lange #1)
  • You Can Run...
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Never Cry Werewolf (Crimson Moon, #5)
  • Fatal Conceit (Butch Karp, #26)
  • Silent Screams
  • Not Lost Forever: My Story of Survival
With a BA in English and 5 years as a photographic model behind her, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg studied criminology. She served in the Dallas Police Department, New Mexico State Police, Ventura Police Department and as an Investigative Probation Officer in Court Services for the Country of Ventura where she handled major crimes. She lives in California.
More about Nancy Taylor Rosenberg...

Lily Forrester (4 books)
  • Mitigating Circumstances (Lily Forrester, #1)
  • Buried Evidence (Lily Forrester, #2)
  • The Cheater (Lily Forrester, #3)