Start by marking “Cocaína: En bok om dom som gör det” as Want to Read:
Cocaína: En bok om dom som gör det

Cocaína: En bok om dom som gör det

Om kokainets blodiga produktion och pulvrets växande roll som bränsle i krig och politik.

Vid tiotalets ingång genomgår kokainet en bred popularisering i Sverige och Europa som kommer få stora konsekvenser för all framtid. Många här, men framför allt där. Hos andra.

Cocaína - en bok om dom som gör det är inte ett reportage om knark som hot mot svensk ungdom, utan om efterfrå
Published August 2010 by Bokförlaget Atlas

To ask other readers questions about Cocaína, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cocaína

Prakriti
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read the English translation of the book, but it did not have this pretty cover, so I am sticking to writing here.

I have read quite a few books on Narco-journalism in the last few months, following the Cocaine trail, from the consumer, down the smuggling corridors to Mexico, and down further into South America - to Colombia. Some of them have been exemplary pieces of journalism, I can remember Cocaine Nation: How the White Trade Took Over the World, El Narco: Inside Mexico's Criminal Insurgen
Skirmantė Rugsėjis
Tai dokumentinė knyga apie Kolumbiją ir kokaino gamybos pradžią iki šių dienų. Nors pateikiama labai daug faktų ir skaičių, knyga nėra visiškai sausa ir skaitosi ne taip jau ir sudėtingai.
Buvo labai įdomu skaityti apie šalį, kuri pasaulio rinkai pateikia daugiau nei pusę viso pagaminamo kokaino ir kone 70% jos gyventojų pragyvena iš narkotikų verslo, aišku, jei galima tikėti statistika.
Labai smulkiai ir aiškiai aprašinėjama ne tik paties narkotiko gamyba ir kelionė į JAV ar Europos rinkas, dau
Lina Brodovska
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I had Hard time reading this book. Its full of statistics, numbers and etc. It was too documentary for me, but I think this book has fans, who are more interested in Colombia, its history and off courde cocaine.
Mantas Giga
Dec 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Labai nuobodi ir neidomi.
Nora|KnyguDama
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pasiskaičius keletą moteriškų romanų, nusprendžiau pasiimti knygą iš vyro lentynos. Į rankas pakliuvo būtent “Kokainas”. Labai mėgstu publicistinio tipo knygas, apie pasaulio aktualijas, o ypač tokias kurios liečia aštrias temas. Ši knyga būtent tokia.
Visad žinojau, kad Kolumbija yra vienas iš karštųjų pasaulio taškų, tačiau, kad viskas joje TAIP pašliję – nežinojau. Magnus Linton sau buvo išsikėlęs tikslą - parašyti knygą apie šią šalį neliečiant smurto ir narkotikų temos. Tačiau pabuvojęs Kol
James
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good friend worked on a documentary about the horrors of the drug trade - how innocents are murdered, how gruesome the murders can be, how the cartels operate at the border, etc. The images always stuck at the back of my mind, so when I came across this book I impulse-bought it.

A genuinely stirring account painting as clear a picture as possible of the many facets of the cocaine economy. The people who grow it, the people who refine it, the people who smuggle it, the people who sell it, and th
Alan  Marr
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this as part of my preparation for my visit to Colombia. It is a disturbing, riveting book about the cocaine industry in Colombia. It chronicles the development of the industry from humble beginnings to the billion dollar business and the intermeshed relationships with Government, military and police that led to the so-called war on drugs. It tells the same old story of the little guys on the bottom of the pile getting the rough end of the pineapple while politicians and Generals took the ...more
Sancho
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Cocaina is a book about this horrible problem affecting Colombia and the world. Linton, after having lived in Colombia for some years, experienced in first person many of the situations he describes, and thus has the moral authority to talk about them. In general, I think he is fair to reality and I like his style. I only dislike some (very few) generalizations, as I see them as harmful and deceiving. But most books/texts/articles about such topics have this risk, so he cannot really be judged f ...more
Adrian
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating write up on the history of cocaine, and the relationships between Colombia, the US, Latin America and the drug trade.
I don't pretend to be an expert in this area, so I can't comment on the skew of the piece, but Linton pulls together a large list of references, interviews and vignettes to paint a picture of a country where everyone has a stake in continuing the cocaine industry (even when they purport to be fighting against it).
Ann Tonks
Deeply depressing but absolutely fascinating book about Colombia and the impact of cocaine on the culture, the community, the economy and the country. Even thought the violence levels have dropped in recent years, the production hasn't and the main change seems to be that the drug mafia has integrated themselves into the political and judicial framework. Corruption everywhere.
Calzean
An interesting, easy to read (but depressing) investigative book on the drug trade. While it focuses on Columbia, there is a good coverage on recent developments in the who's who and who is doing what. At the end it points to the obvious - the war on drugs is lost.
Amar Pai
Mar 31, 2013
Hanna Lidström
Jul 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
“Drugs flow as effortlessly through the harbour as through los esteros, but the government and the DEA view drug trafficking as more of a hazard to society when it moves through the poor area, with its dirty waters and seeming chaos, than when it has to do with corporate boardrooms and the main harbour. And for the FARC, it is becoming easier and easier to convince the city’s Afro-Colombian majority that the focus of the war on drugs is not primarily on the flow of drugs, but on what kind of people are involved in it.” 1 likes