Start by marking “Bride in a Gilded Cage” as Want to Read:
Bride in a Gilded Cage

Bride in a Gilded Cage (Rafael and Rico #1)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  592 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews

The tango is an Argentinean dance of possession and passion...and that's exactly how aristocrat Rafael Romero intends his convenient marriage to teacher Isobel will be. First he will take her as his bride. Then he'll lead her to the marriage bed, where he'll make her his.
Isobel may have no choice but to give her hand to Rafael in matrimony, yet she intends to stay as free
Published October 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bride in a Gilded Cage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride in a Gilded Cage

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Apr 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Arranged marriage theme HP readers
Shelves: set-in-argentina
I love how Abby Green incorporated tango into this book so thoroughly. I love dancing, so that hooked me instantly. Tango helps to bring Isobel and Rafael together, it builds a bridge, and provides a pathway for the expression for the passion and pain in their relationship. Just for this alone, I would give this a four star rating. I also loved Rafael's point of view. Although Isobel saw him as cold, hard, ruthless and unethical, with no desire or ability to love her the way she wanted, I could ...more
Kiki
I think it's about time I stop reading HPs, specially after discovering L H Cossway and Penny Reid who write about compassionate and adult heroes.
Update:29/4/17
this may have also gone something like this:
The author: I have this plot, you (to hero) Act crude, snobbish, manipulative and controlling! Then pretend she's a slut, try to seduce her, then almost seduce her without finesse, then figure out she's a virgin, then do it with care. Give me steam, that's what sells my book! I need the measure
Penny Watson
5 stars, A++++++++++++++++

Hands down, best HP I've ever read. Gorgeous writing, super romantic, incredible sexual chemistry. The heroine was fabulous. Very sexy love scenes.

LOVED THIS BOOK!

#1 HP for me!
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
DNF, I stopped reading before the wedding reception.

I'm not in the mood for reading a h I hate and the H wasn't good enough to get me going.

The h is not a gold digger, she likes a simple life without luxury... I got it the first first time, I didn't need her to point it out every single time she opened her mouth. She was as aggressive in her indignation for the things he bought her as an HP H when he's on revenge-mode and thinks the h is the evil.

Also I expected more explosive details for their
Booklover
It was okay read,i disliked Rafeal-Isobel,their relationship lacked everything Trust,Understanding and Communication,both of them hurted each other and humiliated each other,Isobel pushing Rafael away,slapping him and jumping to conclusions about him and Rafael he has been in love and engaged with another woman Ana Perez but she left him and now he does'nt wants to make himself weak and vulnerable again so he had made these thick walls around him but he constantly keeps comparing what he felt fo ...more
Fiona Marsden
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Latin lover fanciers
Recommended to Fiona by: Part of series
The tango is a dance which requires two partners moving in relation to each other, sometimes in tandem, sometimes in opposition. Abby Green has taken this theme and placed her hero Rafael and the heroine Isabella into the dance. It seems right from the first that the opposition aspect of the dance dominates the relationship of these two people thrust into a marriage of convenience. Rafael grew on me as time went on. I really disliked him at first meeting as he seemed to be the stereotypical alph ...more
Caro
Agarré la novela desde el canje con muchas dudas, pero tenía poca literatura en físico y no le hice ascos al final.
Lo mejor fue que no me llevé una decepción, aunque cuando empecé a leer tuve mis reparos. Ella es de las que no-no-no-idontwantyouanymore y al rato es doitnow-f*ckmerightnow xD. Eso al prota lo vuelve loco. Y el prota es... ¡un fuego! La química entre los protagonistas es ¡di-vi-na! Él el macho argentino, paciente y que explota de a ratos, ella es inaguantable por ese jueguito de a
Claire
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Notes to self:
1. Forgettable read: Marriage of Convenience between tango instructor and businessman, both belonging to aristo class in Argentina. H demeans heroine to behave/dress properly in light of ongoing business negotiations.

2. Impalpable chemistry. To give him credit though, he didn't force her to conjugal rights asap. But for a grown man to be so moved by a kiss with an 18 yr old that two and half years later, he suddenly becomes celebate is creepy.

3. Tango as leitmotif falls short. Be
Angel
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Widala
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

A sweet love story with a sweet couple. Yes there were some misunderstanding but it was quickly solved. Both of them not afraid to owned their mistake and apologized when necessary. I loved it when they finally together, they already felt respect towards each other. All the sexual tensions made it worth the wait. And the ending just so sweet.
Leona
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
ok...not one of my favorites by this author. This is one where I actually liked the H better than the h....
Onu
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I enjoyed reading this book. It made me want to learn Tango. :)

Though I must admit that there was nothing extra ordinary about the book. Cliched plot and cliched characters. But surprisingly, it was extremely well written. It held my interest. We have a yummy Latin American hero, Rafael who gradually grew on me. I found myself attracted to him since the first page. I found him intriguing. And I was completely sold when I learned that he also knew how to Tango.

I hated the heroine, Isobel. I sho
Amanda Sheila
Short story with nice angst. Quite enjoyed it, because I always love this kind of story. You know, the hero misunderstand the heroine and realized it then beg for her forgiveness. Aaw.
Okay, I think I'm going to read the other of Abby Green's books. ;)
Jenny
Jun 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The chemistry was intense and all but the heroine was so annoying and got on my nerves like constantly. The hero was super awesome, protective and an honorable man but poor guy was a doormat. Sweet epilogue!
Romance_reader
this book had it's moments, but somehow I couldn't connect with the characters. The story was predictable and wasn't very interesting to me.
Tia
May 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this a few years back and thought it was just average. 3 stars.
❤Sana❤
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mills-boon
It's one of the best HP I've read !! I love Tango and I really loved the way Abby used it in the book .Five stars to the stunning Abby Green
Edeliz Bering
5 Stars. I love everything about this book!
Michelle
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Charlie
First of all the book cover sits on a throne of lies. the h we are told in the book on multiple occasions has uber short hair so where the flowing locks come from I've no idea!
It wasn't till I got to nearly the end of this book and I realised i'd read it before a few years ago.
h had been promised to the H in marriage since she was in diapers she wants none of it whereas he goes to see her on her 18th to check her out and gets a case of the hots. He's a bit of a womanising toad before her but she
Naima
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abby-green
Hampir mirip dengan kisah Romeo dan Juliet, buku ini menceritakan tentang dua keluarga petani anggur yang telah bermusuhan selama beberapa generasi. Hingga kemudian Rafael bertemu dengan Isobel, diam2 mereka melakukan pertemuan di sudut tanah pertanian keluarga mereka. Ketertarikan diantara mereka begitu kuat. Sayangnya pertemuan rahasia itu ketahuan oleh para pekerja keluarga mereka. Dengan segera Isobel dikirim ke luar negeri oleh ayahnya beserta ibunya.

Beberapa tahun kemudian, ayah Isobel men
Titania Remakes the World
I've been enjoying her books, I do love that the women are independent, trying to make it on their own, and don't cling to the Hero's ankles trying to stick around hoping someday he'll love them. They hit the road, and maybe the Hero figures it out, although some of them take more than 1 time of her hitting the road.
I also love a good Heroes' comeuppance, lots of suffering.

What I'd like to see: IF the author is in the mind to lengthen and reissue updated editions (and make more money) I'd love
Megan
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rate based off of writing skills, how immersed I become in the story, and if the plot flows smoothly and believably for reality or the "world" the author creates. Also, are the characters believable, likable/unlikable, and diverse. I will not give any spoilers in this review.

This is the first book I've read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised! Many cutesy romance novels run towards being very easily read, super quick, and somewhat uncomplicated in verbiage (Side note: I still love t
Love_doped
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i've read 4 books from this author and i ike this the best... mainly because unlike the other it did not reveal around heroine getting pregnant and hero being "honourable"! it was a nice change/
although i hate how every book from this author resembles the other. its like reading the same book with different names and set ups- the hero is distant, playboy and a billionaire... the heroine is a fragile little thing being nonchalant to the hero to stop herself from falling on her knees infront of hi
Sherry Ewy
Ayu Wirdha
Ga suka dgn karakter Isobel, keras kepala bgt. Jelas2 dia yg butuh loh, krn ortunya terlibat hutang. Rafael sendiri ga terlalu arogan, berusaha bgt mengerti keadaan dan nyenengin Isobel. Jadi pengen getok itu Isobel.
Aswathy
its one time read.... Not bad for a short novel but it missed some essentials here and there... atleast it had great flow unlike some other books I read recently... Isobel's and Rafael's chemistry could have been better. ..
Modesty_b
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: skimmed-over
the story is good... but i got frustrated with only few side characters and the heroine protesting a little too much...
Sherry Li
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
I love how the author incorporated tango in their romance.
Glynda Roy
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romance.
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 2 Mar 04, 2017 01:49PM
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • Protected by the Prince: The Weight of the Crown
  • Androletti's Mistress (Modern Romance)
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • A Vow of Obligation (Marriage by Command #3)
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Mistress by Contract
  • For Duty's Sake (Royal Brides, #9)
  • Just One Last Night
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • The Demetrios Virgin
  • His Christmas Virgin
Abby Green spent her teens reading Mills & Boon romances. She then spent many years working in the Film and TV industry as an Assistant Director. One day while standing outside an actor's trailer in the rain, she thought: "there has to be more than this". So she sent off a partial to Mills & Boon. After numerous rewrites, they accepted her first book and an author was born. She was nominat ...more
More about Abby Green...

Rafael and Rico (2 books)
  • In Christofides' Keeping

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)