Start by marking “Dead Reckoning” as Want to Read:
Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  842 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews
Trapped by a nuclear terrorist plot in Mumbai!
Published September 16th 2014 by Abingdon Press (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Reckoning

Rel
Feb 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remind me never to end up as a character in a Ronie Kendig novel! Danger and intrigue lurk around every corner and just when you think safety is in sight, the hammer of heartache drops again, hurtling Shiloh Blake deeper into jeopardy. Then there is Reece Jaxon...okay, on second thoughts maybe I do want to be in her books, after all ;-)

Brilliantly executed in every way, Ronie Kendig has a winner on her hands with her debut novel, Dead Reckoning. The non stop action, fuelled by Shiloh's spirited
MaryLu Tyndall
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book a couple nights ago and it is a fantastic roller coaster ride! Wozie! This is Ronie Kendig's first published book but it isn't her last. My very own publisher scooped her up last year and gave her a contract for 3 more books! Ronie writes what I would call Modern suspence espionage romantic thrillers! How's that for a mouthfull? Anyway, I found her style of writing very unique. Very sharp, quick and to the point. Her characters will impact you and make you laugh and cry ...more
Loraine
Rating: 3.5

This book was totally different from the previous books that I have read by Ronie Kendig. Her military dog series was wonderful. But I have to say I was disappointed by this book. There were things I did like about it, but there were others that just did not appeal to me.

Pros:
1. Lots of suspense, twists and turns, and surprises.
2. Lead characters were interesting and learned more about themselves as the story progressed.
3. The forgiveness that Shiloh finally found for her father as sh
Katie
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ronie Kendig's debut is as good as her most recent release!! :-D Now that I have read Dead Reckoning, I can officially say that each book by Kendig is a winner and immediately goes onto my favorites shelf after I finish them!

The character development with both Reece and Shiloh was great -- very crisp, sharp, and realistic. Both come from hard backgrounds, so any reader should be able to relate in some way to the struggles they face during Dead Reckoning.

There's a bit of violence. The book deals
Sara
Wow, I've heard good things about Ronie Kendig and after reading this book...I can confirm that they are true! This book was awesome and I had a hard time putting it down.

I love a strong female leader character and Shiloh fills the role perfectly. Plus, can you really go wrong with a hansome ex-Navy SEAL as her romantic interest? The plot was fast-paced and intriguing, the setting was described in great detail and you could cut the suspense with a knife.

Suspense fiction is one of my favorite g
Aerykah
Wow! Finished this book in hours and I LOVED it! It's fast paced and kept my complete attention from the beginning to the end. I haven't gotten that into a book or finished one that fast in months.
I'll certainly be keeping my eye out for some more books by Ronie Kendig. She has quickly become one of my very favorite authors.
Robin Caroll
Oct 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a fast paced, action driven thriller that had me flipping pages. The author created such amazing characters that they stuck with me long after the book was finished. For a wild and exciting journey into the world of espionage with characters who'll become your friends, don't miss this debut novel.
Lara
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. I can now say that I have read everything I can find by this author.
Nike Chillemi
Jan 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and thrilling read. I questioned some of the CIA prodecures as far as believablility. Liked the main character a lot.
LadySnowAngel
*happy satisfied sigh* I love Dead Reckoning! It has everything I love in a good novel; lots of action, adventure, suspense, incredible characters, and a sweet romance. The plot kept me glued to the book and the edge of my seat. :D
Sarah Monzon
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a high octane read, look no further! This one will keep you turning the pages late into the night.
Nora St Laurent
Apr 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was thankful to receive a review copy of Ronie Kendig’s debut novel which bursts on the scene overflowing with action and drama right from the start. The first half of this adventure is jam packed with high-speed car and motorcycle chases, explosions and military drama, I felt I was holding my breath and dodging bullets along with Shiloh. She’s a young girl who’s clueless as to why her world is turned upside down. Will she survive one hour to the next? Who to trust? Shiloh really becomes unner ...more
Julie
Jul 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Julie by: Ronie Kendig
It's her debut novel, however Ronie Kendig does not disappoint! This was not the first novel by Ronie that I read (I have read Nightshade and Digitalis by her previously). I loved this book as much as her others.

Shiloh is a girl surrounded by disappoint...in her father. Afterall, he watched her mother die and is quite possibly the cause of her death. Shiloh spends her time with her best friend, Khalid, and they love deep sea diving. It's not until they are on an archeological diving dig that sh
Renee
I have never really been a reader of suspense fiction, it just wasn't that interesting to me until I discovered author, Ronie Kendig. I first read her second release, Nightshade a few weeks ago and I LOVED it! She kindly offered to send me a copy of her debut novel Dead Reckoning and I finished it on one day, staying up till the wee hours of the morning.

From the first page I was hooked! Being a lover of history I've always had a respect for and interest in archaeology so it was easy for me to l
Natalie Walters
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the very first chapter I was thrust into a fast-pace thriller through the streets of Mumbai to the depths of the Indian Ocean. More than the plot, the characters are what I loved most about this story. It's a rather extensive cast but the depth of personality Ronie Kendig provides for each character makes them jump off the page.

I appreciated the strong female lead in Shiloh Blake but also the balance of weakness Ms. Kendig employs to create a desire and need for the hunky hero, Reece Jaxon
Sheri Salatin
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, wishlist
Shiloh Blake finds herself in the middle of an international nuclear arms clash. As a daughter of a top-notch CIA agent, she was trained to trust her senses. It is the only that has kept her alive after surviving an attack on her small diving boat and friends.
Now she's on the run and one of the men chasing her says that he is there to help her. Can she believe him? What is it about him that puts her on edge?

This book is an action-packed story. I absolutely LOVED it! I will definitely be reading
Bonnie Calhoun
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved this book. Wish the series had progressed. Shiloh was a great character with a lot of spunk and the international intrigue moved fast and remained compelling throughout.
Jan Crow
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!
Christine Wright
Totally fun! A real page turner. I highly recommend this author!!
Leah
Wow this was an intense book!
Tons of action and adventure.
I LOVED it!

The romance was so good!
I loved to plot and the different twist's.

I cant wait to read more by Ronie Kendig!
Rachel Brantley
Nope

I tried, I really tried to like this book. I made it to about 70% before I gave it up. The main female character is an immature, whiny baby, who apparently thinks the world revolves around her. I was very disappointed the way the author portrayed her. The main male character was just not believable at all. From what I know of CIA agents, they have to lie, steal, and sometimes kill.....I don't think a Christian would make a very good agent! I think that the age difference between them was muc
Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl
Having spent a fair bit on eBooks recently to try out my new Tablet, I decided it was time for a freebie, so picked up this one via The Frugal eReader on Kindle App. I never quite know what to expect with a free eBook, so was pleasantly surprised with this pick.

We follow Shiloh Blake, an underwater archaeologist, who gets caught up in a murderous espionage plot. She is helped out by Reece Jaxon, a covert CIA operative based in India. Together they unravel a deadly mystery, whilst fighting for th
Diana H.
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thriller through and through. While this is technically Christian fiction, it doesn't read "preachy" at all. I really enjoyed this book and will read more by the author.
The reason I only gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that some parts of it were just a little bit fantastical.
Nicole
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great action

I enjoyed the fast pace of the book but I thought the main female character was a little on the whiny side. I did enjoy the rest of the book though.
Melissa Hubbard
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It doesn't disappoint!

Another awesome book by Ronie Kendig! I couldn't put it down. Suspenseful from start to the end. Now maybe a book for sister Julia or Uncle Shaun???
Debbie
Feb 19, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I liked "Nightshade" by this same author, but I was terribly disappointed with this novel. First, her excessive use of figurative language was distracting and sometimes even confusing. (She had shirts escorting people around, and people never just looked or smiled at someone but, "Her gaze tiptoed around his" and "his smile swam toward her.")

Second, the female romantic lead was very slow to figure anything out, very proud, thought she knew more than the professionals and tried outwit them (even
Nicole
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dead Reckoning is about underwater archeologist Shiloh Blake who is on her first large scale archeological dig. While underwater, one of her teammates is shot and killed and her partner, Khalid, is severely injured. Suddenly Shiloh finds herself in the middle of an international nuclear arms conflict. She escapes, only to be followed by a mysterious man. Is he good? Or bad? And how is he always one step ahead of her?

Meet Reece Jaxon, former Navy SEAL turned spy. His mission is threatened by Shil
Jul 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: DEAD RECKONING
Author: Ronie Kendig
Publisher: Abingdon Press
March 2010
ISBN: 978-1-4267-0058-3
Genre: Inspirational/suspense

Shiloh Blake is an underwater archeologist graduate student on a dive in the waters outside of Mumbai, India. She unearthed a lamp in a site and is hopeful that she might have uncovered an under water city. But when she goes back down, her partners in the program are shot. One fatally, the other saved only by Shiloh’s quick actions.

Reece Jaxon is a former Navy SEAL and
Lori Twichell
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ronie Kendig’s outing into the world of international intrigue and mystery is fast paced, adventurous and has just enough romance to keep everything spinning quite nicely. Shiloh Blake is a stubborn character with enough flaws that we all can empathize. As she tries to figure out her feelings for Khalid and save everyone’s lives (including her own) the story takes us on a variety of twists and turns that keep everyone guessing.

The settings were rich and beautifully described. Kendig definitely h
Yasmin
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, fiction
This was one of the first books I acquired for my Kindle. It sounded interesting and it was a cheap buy. The only downside is that I'm not going to get the last six hours back.

Shiloh Blake is an auburn-haired beauty running from her past. She's prideful and has no religion because daddy dearest made her lose her faith. On a scuba diving expedition in India, Shiloh is suddenly thrust into an international chess match of spies which forces her to face her past and find love. Except it's not that s
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • Eye of the God
  • The Dead Saint
  • When the Devil Whistles
  • Through the Fire
  • They Almost Always Come Home
  • Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)
  • Highland Blessings (Highlands #1)
  • Deliver Us from Evil
  • Blood Ransom (Mission Hope #1)
  • Surrender the Wind
  • Valeria's Cross
  • The Triumph of Grace (Grace in Africa, #3)
  • The Glory of Green (Green #3)
  • Betrayed
  • Accused (Pacific Coast Justice, #1)
  • The Betrayal (Precinct 11, #2)
Ronie Kendig is an award-winning, bestselling author who grew up an Army brat. She married her own hunky hero, who’s an Army veteran. After twenty-plus years of marriage, she and her husband have a full life with four children and a retired military working dog. Ronie’s degree in psychology has helped her pen novels of raw, broken characters. Since launching onto the publishing scene, Ronie’s Rapi ...more
More about Ronie Kendig

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Letters (Rose Harbor #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99