Start by marking “L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 26” as Want to Read:
L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 26

L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 26

(L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future #26)

This book holds between its pages the best new science fiction and fantasy stories and illustrations of the year, discovered by the judges of the Writers & Illustrators of the Future Contests—a veritable who's who in the field of speculative fiction writing and illustrating.
Published October 19th 2010 by Galaxy Press (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 26, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 26

Start your review of L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 26
Michelle King
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, sff, collections
My favourite story was easily 'The House of Nameless' by Jason Fischer. Madcap energy, intriguing mythic underpinnings, amusing use of mundane details and a bouncy, joyful weirdness over a solid quest/chase structure.

Other faves:

'Seeing Double' by Tom Crosshill -- an interesting idea, the joined consciousness was well shown and the were characters intriguiging

'Living Rooms' by Laurie Tom -- the manifestations of the rooms was a great, novel idea, and the world building and plot held up well. the
Victoria
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked ”Living rooms” the best.
Did not like ”Digital rights”, but it lingers in my mind a little, unwelcomed. So that’s that.
Maybe it was well written, but I know it depicted (yet again) abuse of women although in a new way.
Callie
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This anthology contains an amazing variety of good stories. My personal favorites were "Living Rooms", "Not in the Flesh", "Lisa with Child", and "Written in Light". There were a few stories that I didn't find much interest in, but I still felt that overall the stories were good samples of well crafted writing. Even a reader not that into short stories can enjoy these. Each story has well developed imaginary worlds, surprising plot twists, and touches the heart with deep portrayals of human ...more
Angie Lisle
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I avoided this series for a long time because L Ron Hubbard's religious cult scares me. Then, I received two volumes (29 and 30) in exchange for reviews and now, I'm reading the series backwards.

This volume of the anthology has been my least favorite to-date simply because I didn't understand a couple of the stories. Too much was left for me to infer. On the other hand, Not In the Flesh by Adam Colston has been one of my favorite stories that I've seen in this series (and is by favorite story
Clare Deming
This is the first of these anthologies that I have had the chance to read, and they may certainly vary from year to year. I found that this volume was weighted toward science fiction, with fewer fantasy selections. The stories are interspersed with short essays about the field from well-known authors and artists. Overall, I enjoyed this book and I thought that it was a solid collection of fiction. I'll highlight some of my favorite stories below.

See my complete review at:

Kyle Aisteach
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
There's some very good stuff in this edition, but it suffers from the inconsistency of tone and style that plagues all the contest's anthologies. Individual stories are all quite good considering they're all written by new and emerging writers, but there's nothing that screams "Nominate me for a Hugo!"
Ceola
Jul 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The short story i read was LIVING ROOMS. BY Laurie Tom
This is diffinately different. Rooms with personalities? Yes but rooms that can manifest into a somewhat solid human form? Yes.
I really likes this book hoping there is a follow up or continuation of the series.
Dan Smyth
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Very little to like in this year's anthology. Exanastasis is easily the best of the bunch. Confusion and lack of endings is mostly what makes up the rest of the stories. Unfortunate that the stories are so poor this year.
David Raco
May 16, 2015
Marina Lostetter
Apr 01, 2014
Bon Son
rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2013
May 01, 2013
Amanda
Aug 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Lafayette Ronald Hubbard was an American author of science fiction and fantasy stories, and the founder of the Church of Scientology. In 1950, Hubbard authored Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health and established a series of organizations to promote Dianetics. In 1952, Hubbard lost the rights to Dianetics in bankruptcy proceedings, and he subsequently founded Scientology. Thereafter ...more

L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 1